User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 917 Special Operations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    give them some sort of achilles heel to balance out their genetic enhancements and armor, maybe give them some kind of dataport in their skull an engineer can hack with a security access tuner, or make them vulnerable to a common OT chemical
    There are still EMP grenades, right? And Flashes?

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    give them some sort of achilles heel to balance out their genetic enhancements and armor, maybe give them some kind of dataport in their skull an engineer can hack with a security access tuner, or make them vulnerable to a common OT chemical
    The idea I have currently is making their armour a little more effective against fire than other damage, but make them take more fire damage overall compared to brute. As a result of genetic manipulation, their cells are less effective at repairing burned tissues.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to lie, having a group that both the USCM and W-Y are likely not aware in wich every member can wipe the floor with a deathsquad member, wich is supposed to be a nearly unstoppable force of destruction, certainly feels Mary sue'ish. Unless they made a fantastic magnus opus tier breakthrough in genetic manipulation (wich would feel kind of off by itself since they'd need to have more advanced tech then W-Y) they won't top off a huge company who has the power to take down entire governments and pretty much rules humanity.

I honestly feel like more simple concepts such as the CLF should be added. They had been estabilished in the lore page, but their entire reputation was built through numerous events related to terrorist attacks and such, wich made them unique. Unless 917 has a pre-determined objective, i don't think they'll be as likeable as say, the futuristic, dystopian USSR, or a terrorist group who has been in war with the USCM for years.
    Last edited by Jeether; 04-14-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make them some kind of pseduo philanthropic group dedicated to taking corrupt governments and companies like WY to task, maybe give them the directive of finding and capturing unethical/evil liasons, COs, and the like, while also having wy assets try and thwart them somehow, like a paladin that fights their way inside a highly secured pyramid scheme office

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -snip-
    Then how to explain that they won't always help marines with benos? Corporations are more dangerous than super hive that spreads around the galaxy somehow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Then how to explain that they won't always help marines with benos? Corporations are more dangerous than super hive that spreads around the galaxy somehow?
    Because the USCM are tools of the Company. Main line fighters of the USCM think that they’re doing good, but more often than not, they’re tricked into carrying out the Company’s agenda. That’s why there’s room for overlapping goals, but not a 100% cooperation guarantee.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still interested in developing the background and details of 917, but until further notice I will be discontinuing their use in events.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001