Byond ID:
    YarHar1

Discord ID
    YarHar1

Marine Name
    Johnny "No PhD" Smith

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Kah'jati

Have you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Yautja Character Story
    A shadow roamed the remains of the bombed-out corner stores. Slowly but surely, they snuck closer to their soon to be trophies. When they strike, no creature falls to the ground. Instead, it was a toy sword Kah’jati accidentally knocked over. He checks his surroundings to make sure nobody saw or heard that. After he sees no one did, he quickly picks up the contraption and throws it into his sack. For another twenty minutes, he casually strolled from aisle to aisle, occasionally throwing a random foodstuff or toy into his sack. Satisfied with his haul, he turns on his cloak again and makes his way back to his ship. Once he arrives, he swiftly moves to a room that lies to the right of the bunks. Inside, a ludicrous amount of random human items lay neatly presented on shelves with crude made plaques describing the larger objects. There are three sections of this “museum”, being objects that are food, objects that are tools, and objects that have no known use. For the next hour, Kah'jati begins to sort the objects he has gathered into these three categories.

After placing the last item in his sack, which was a bag of beef jerky, on a shelf, he steps back and admires his work. Years, maybe even a decade, of constant scavenging led to his collection of several hundred knick-knacks. Despite the large number, Kah'jati still knew the names and the respective places of each item. Everything part of this collection is special to him, especially his first and most prized possession on the shelves: A walkman. That was what it read on the side, at least. Even after all these years, he still couldn’t figure out what it did. But it wasn’t the function that attracted Kah'jati, it was the color. The bright blue plastic that surrounded it’s outside both demanded his attention and soothed his eyes. It didn’t take long after his acquisition of this weird box for him to seek more seemingly useless items.

Kah'jati snaps back to reality when his friend Nadao pokes his back. “Still going through the human’s trash?”
    “Trash would imply it holds no value, brethren,” Kah'jati replied.
    “It doesn’t to me.”
    “Well, you’re just looking at it from the wrong angle. What you consider trash could be very useful. For instance,” Kah'jati holds up a spork, “take this for example. It has both the utility of a spoon to hold a liquid and a fork to hold a solid!”
    “I can hold solids with my hands and liquids in a bowl without your fancy stick,” Nadao says, “It is not useful to me, therefore it is trash.”
    “It’s not a stick- ok, fine, to you it is ‘trash’. But to me, I find its value comes from why it exists,” Kah'jati tells Nadao. “Humans invented a whole new item because they find using both a spoon and a fork at different times as inconvenient but they also find eating without utensils ‘barbaric’, or so they say.”

Nadao just shakes his head while Kah'jati continues to stare starry-eyed at the spork. “I’ll never understand how you can like human stuff so much. I swear, one day I’m going to walk in here and see a tied up soft-meat cuddled up next to your doll section.”
    “Heh, though that would be interesting I’d never sneak one onboard,” Kah'jati replies with a grin. “I like their tools, not their people.”
    “Hopefully you mean that. I’m going to bed, don’t admire your toys for too long.”

He doesn’t, only spending another hour before getting tired as well. When he falls asleep, he first dreams about Nadao's joke. It was a funny idea, having a human on board. He thought of what emotion they might feel, being brought onto an alien ship just to see so many familiar items. All this thinking about humans turned this dream of jokes into one of remembrance. What he was remembering was his first human trophy. They weren’t special, being of average height and strength. But despite their unremarkableness, it still made him sad when he butchered them. No matter how long he polished their skull or how much he bragged about his trophy, he would still be disappointed. How could this incredibly interesting species be so weak as to not last 3 minutes in a fight? When he wakes up, he lets out a sigh, remembering his disappointment back then. He puts on his bag, goes to the kitchen for breakfast, and gets ready for his next hunt.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Kah'jati is infatuated with human knick-knacks. If it serves no purpose besides entertainment or is human food, it's sought after by Kah'jati. Now, this addiction to human stuff doesn't mean he will avoid killing humans, just he will prioritize their goodies before their skull. His first plan, usually, would be to take these items stealthily, but if this is impossible I won't be afraid to fight for it. Of course, if it's an especially useless item, Kah'jati will probably just ask for it. He doesn't like getting in fights that can be avoided. In terms of serpents, he doesn't like them. They've ruined a lot of potential additions to his collections by covering it in black slime or acid. He'll gladly rack up a few xeno heads so he's not looked down upon.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    I believe the difference is found in the Yautja’s attitude towards their prey. In a hunt, your prey is not an equal. They are just a walking skull to be cleaned and hung on your wall. They hold no value other than their meat and their head. You don’t care about their fighting skill, only about if they can fight. But an honor duel is when your prey becomes a challenger. They are now, in addition to good meat and a skull, a good fight. You recognize their strength and want to see how you compare. Yes, you could end up with a trophy, but you didn’t fight an honor duel for that specifically. You fight for the experience. So, in summary, you fight a hunt for the trophy and a duel for the fight.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Kah’jati understands his collection is weird and that others might not like it. Still, he's not going to stop collecting. He's not expecting others to see the true value of these precious pieces of "art", but he's still going to try. Does he think he's better than the other Yautja? No, at least not all the time. He can't help but feel some superiority for watching his brothers fail to understand the purpose behind some human items. He's like a modern art snob, just less pretentious. Still, if he HAS to give up a bit of his collection for a brother, he'll reluctantly do so.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Ever since I learned predators were in SS13 CM, I’ve wanted to be one. I’ve watched countless CM13 predator videos, spectated countless predators, and spent several days just watching the Predator movies to learn more about them. Sure, I have to admit the sheer coolness of the predators played a part in me wanting a whitelist, but it’s not the main reason. Mainly, I just want more chances to RP while also having the option to fight. Sure, I could just roll with Bravo, but FOB duty just bores me. No amount of in-game UNO will fix that. As a predator, you not only have the option to RP and fight but are expected to do so.

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, lad

Unfortunately this is the incorrect application, though rest assured it is not your fault.

The correct one will be up in a short bit I believe.

You will not be penalized for posting this app, so please feel free to apply again then.