User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current reason to fight over power?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current reason to fight over power?

Right now the only real benefit i see to keeping the power up is venders and floodlights. What other reasons are there to keep the power going?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good boy points so you get the nuke

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you get some DEFCON. I don't know exactly how much, I don't think it's a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you get defcon points as long as the power is on? Thats neat. I've seen a lot of discussion on the forums about wanting to work a control point/objective based incentives into the game so its not just death ball push the caves every match. Adding some benefits to holding power seems like a decent place to start.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobsherex View Post
    So you get defcon points as long as the power is on? Thats neat. I've seen a lot of discussion on the forums about wanting to work a control point/objective based incentives into the game so its not just death ball push the caves every match. Adding some benefits to holding power seems like a decent place to start.
    I believe it's a single, static amount of DEFCON points instead of constant points over time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    I believe it's a single, static amount of DEFCON points instead of constant points over time.
    Would be nice to have it be a constant trickle instead, that way it could play a bigger role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    Would be nice to have it be a constant trickle instead, that way it could play a bigger role.
    You'd have to let the xenos be able to break the generators again then. If I remember correctly, if a xeno tries to attack a working generator, it just gives "stares at generator cluelessly" message.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can disable power by slashing the engineering APC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Ward View Post
    You can disable power by slashing the engineering APC.
    Oh right, I forgot about APCs. I think that means you can slash any APC and the problem with that would be that Engineers would just constantly have to run around and repair them, or marines would have to guard them. Pretty sure there's more that one per map.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xenofood View Post
    Oh right, I forgot about APCs. I think that means you can slash any APC and the problem with that would be that Engineers would just constantly have to run around and repair them, or marines would have to guard them. Pretty sure there's more that one per map.
    No, only Engineering APC cuts all of the power. Other APC's only cut it to the certain parts around them and they don't count for nothing.