4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dorkkeli - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Dorkkeli

Player Name You Use Most?
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach, Bert 'Macho Man' Beach, among other callsigns. Henrik the synth

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Yautja App, Accepted: //showthrea...ja-Application

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    None.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Battlefield execution should be the final option on dealing with a mutinying crew-member. It should NOT be used on a crew-member voicing civil objections or disagreements on your course of action.
    The best example I would see is a Squad Leader who refuses to follow orders paramount to the grand plan to work (Also an OOC issue under certain circumstances.) BE is not a tool to be taken lightly, since you are essentially the judge, jury and executioner on another players round.

Regular Execution is (usually) a group decision, made by the aCO and the CMP, when a marine has managed to rack up more than 60 minutes in the brig.

Battlefield Execution is solely the call of the Captain at hand, and he is solely responsible from the consequences.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    How I have played Bert Beach for 4+ years, is that he is a smooth-talking opportunist. He will bend every situation to a favorful light on his part, and he will use his history of rising though the ranks, from a lowly boot to high ranking brass to inspire and lead his Battalion.

Common instances of issues:
    Foreword: There is a difference between an entire department mutinying, and a single crewman of the said department mutinying. These solutions mentioned below are reserved for department wide mutinies/grudges. MPs will be delegated to deal with singular cases of insubordination, and in a case when MPs are absent, will be dealt by CO Beach on a case by case basis.

-Requisitions: I have mained RO for years, and most requisition problems from CIC perspective can be condensed to three categories: Lack of faith in command and Command that is bottlenecking the objective, and when req staff want to wank around and break ML without being arrested. Each problem I would discuss with the RO/CT in charge, and come to an mutual understanding on what the fuck is wrong, since Bert has a background in logistics.

-Engineering: Usually when Engineering is out of line, they are merely bored. I would discuss with them diplomatically, ask about the general condition of the ship and the current situation of the engineering department, and give them extra tasks to keep the busy. Be it renovating briefing, making a bar, sending them to assist with the FOB, etc. That is usually what is needed to

-Military Police: If the entire MP department is against me, I need to do a bit of self reflection and think: "Am i fucking up major time". If I find myself to be free of guilt, I would contact HC (and by extension admins) about a possible sedition by the Military Police. Best way to keep the MPs from mutinying is to have CMP assign them chores and tasks to keep time passing by, in the event of a quiet shift.

-CIC: If the entire CIC is against my way of handling an operation, or certain squad, I would first of all get to the bottom of the issue, and find out what is the exact ire. Losing the trust of the SO's and the XO's is an essential game over for your command, and the best course of action is to move command to the next in line of CoC. If a certain person in CIC is acting up, they will be issued a frank and straight forward warning regarding their conduct. If that does not work, they will be removed from duty.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    To oversee the big picture of the operation. While the SOs might deploy and lead from the ground, while relaying to command, and XO running things from CIC, it is usually the Commanders job to make sure that all the departments are running smoothly, and to be aware of everything going around in the ship, including req chugging and not sending supplies, xenos in research, dealing with survivor testimonies, CL shenanigans etc.

Of course, nothing is set in stone and things change, but that is my view on what Commander should be doing.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    More freedom in running their gimmicks ICly. It never hurts to have Commanders with flavor and additional fun stuff for marines.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I think my RP is solid, and that I can lead well. I cant say that there is any other reason to whitelist anyone for any reason other than providing good gameplay and roleplay chances for others with additional tools.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Alright, I'll tell the story, but only because you asked so nicely. You might laugh when I tell you this, but there is a good reason on why I get kicked in the groin by the terrorists while all tied up. All part of the plan you could say. But let me take you back a bit first, give you a brief background.

It was a standard deployment, nothing out of the ordinary. Me? A young Squad Officer, freshly promoted to a Lieutenant, handpicked for my gallantry and ingenious thinking. The bribes had nothing to do with it, I can vouch for that. A regular, dismantle-a-terrorist-cell-from-an-outback-shithole-colony OP. We had a crack team of Deltas, me being their button pusher and angel in the sky. It all went smoothly at the start, lads deployed, we yapped on the comms while they stol- uhh, requisitioned everything not nailed down, clearing out the buildings one by one.

All went smoothly, until - BAM! The squad lead gets pinged on the helmet by a stray bullet. Those damn algae farmers cant shoot for shit, lemme tell ya that much. I almost choked on the smoke from my cigar from the surprise. I tell the Deltas to squat, take cover and return fire- I relay to our XO that we got tangos to dance with. XO says, to no-ones surprise, that there aint no squads we can send in to assist at the moment.

The Colonial Liberation Fucktards had set up a textbook ambush, and of course we didn't even suspect that. Call it not expecting the expected or whatever.
    The Staffie at the ground told his squad to fall back to the LZ, for a rende- rendvou- meet up, with Charlie, and to be hauled back by the dropship for a regroup. Alpha? Wiped. Bravo? Captured. Good start, good start.

So anyway, I run down to the hanger with the other SO's,and to our dismay, see our dear birdie filled with bullet holes. Staff Sergeant limps out of the back, cursing all the gods while holding his cheese-grated leg. Of course, like the man of action that I am, I yell the remaining marines that we are doing a gung-ho rescue mission with the remaining marines. I might have forgotten to mention about it to our XO before we departed. The marines haul ass to their seats, with me running into the cockpit to initiate the launch sequence.

While headed for the planet, I inform the Sargeant, and by extension the XO, who was the highest ranking crayon eater on the squad still standing, that I got a plan that is mighty stupid. We didn't know exactly where the discount Al Qaeda's base of operations was, but we knew it was to the North East-ish from the colony nexus, based on the tracking sensor on the marine uniforms. Bravo had been stripped of their gear on the spot, camera feeds cut. I reckon, they are going to be shooting and tooting if they see any badass marines, armed to the teeth, those CLF dogs might get a bit jumpy, and not necessarily have the best trigger discipline.

But a lone Officer with nothing but a wee pistol? A jackpot.
    Nabbing a helmet from the ground left by the previous batch of marines, I carefully remove the camera, and slide it into my breast pocket. I don't understand why we wont attach the cameras to the armor itself anyways, but that is besides the point.

As instructed, when we landed, the rag tag group of marines ran to the nearest batch of jungle, and started to slowly approach the approximate site of the CLF compound. While me, the hero of USCM, waltzed into the colony nexus where the Bravo squad was nabbed. Alone. You might call me stupid, but it felt like a good plan for the time.
    As I suspected, a rugged sonuvabitch came and butted me with his rifle from around the corner. Disoriented, but feisty, I swung wildly at air, only to be seized by the commandos in overalls.

I didnt pay much mind to their talking, it was the standard "Woowee we are going to torture the shit out of you"-talk. I concentrated on the surroundings, making sure to turn my body and the camera around as much as possible while being dragged about.

Of course, they took my pistol and my expensive gold watch, and my fucking cigars, but they didnt bother to pat me out otherwise. Our XO was feeding the squad on the ground information the whole time guiding the heroic leathernecks to the location.

Well, It took them a bit longer than I expected to arrive. Their "compound" was an old phoron refinery, with large, busted windows and substandard amount of guards. They haul my ass to the basement and tie me to a chair. While passing by, I spot a few boots of the yellow squad, tied to pipes and radiators. They seemed fine, albeit lacking a few braincells.

We end up at the back of the hallway, where I'm tossed into a small room, when the big cheese of these guys walks in and gives the old "give me info, give me info or I will beat the shit out of you"-line. Then I get kicked around a bit, but of course, as a man of honor I told them "no please don't hurt me I have wife and kids", both lies, but still, It didnt work. At least I tried. Then, kaboom, I hear gunfire upstairs, the cavalry had arrived. Taking advantage of the chaos, I bodyslam the CLF commander, still tied with my hands behind my back, mind you, into the door and ouuut of the room, into the hallway. After a bit of cursing on both sides, I get kicked off and a gun placed on my temple. As a man of discipline and iron will, I plead more to spare my life.

It worked, but not because he listened, but rather the Sergeant shot the ugly-mug Bin Laden off me.

And yeah, that's about it. We head back, handshakes, champagne, the Commodore congratulating me on my stupid and reckless plan that endangered the lives of the marines. But yeah, nothing new, I've been chewed at before. And that is the story of how I went straight from a wee-bit Lieutenant to a bona-fide Lieutenant Commander. It was a short journey after that to my current post.

Which reminds me, Synth, go initiate the Wake-Up Sequence, we are but a few hours way from Solaris Ridge.. But I think I can tell you another story of my exploits while we wait..

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by Dorkkeli; 04-11-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't read +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i skimmed over the App seems great but Dorkeli would make a damn fine Captain based on my experiences with him 10/10 in my case a +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers and good story, enjoyed it.

Though I havent seen you in CIC I value the effort put to this app, so I'll give you a scenario.

Its 12:05 you wake up from cryo, you rush to CIC and you see the XO sitting his lardass on the big boy chair with announcement console, he doesnt do jack and after asking him several times to report whats up he says 'I dont answer to you idiot' and begins to set briefing time without your authorization (its not a crime but its obvious this fool wants to be in charge)

What do??? (Assume there's no MPs or deputizable SOs for spicy outcomes)
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I have seen you before at Command roles but I never had you as my XO once. Most of the time, you did excellent at commanding the marines and leading the operation. I believe you will be a good CO.
    Your application is solid and you have a lot of support so I'll leave my...

+1
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    Good answers and good story, enjoyed it.

Though I havent seen you in CIC I value the effort put to this app, so I'll give you a scenario.

Its 12:05 you wake up from cryo, you rush to CIC and you see the XO sitting his lardass on the big boy chair with announcement console, he doesnt do jack and after asking him several times to report whats up he says 'I dont answer to you idiot' and begins to set briefing time without your authorization (its not a crime but its obvious this fool wants to be in charge)

What do??? (Assume there's no MPs or deputizable SOs for spicy outcomes)
    Good one. I would calmly say "so be it", walk out, go get a baton and cuffs, run back, stun him, remove his ID and edit his access to nothing except General Almayer access and declare him ousted of command in Annoucements. Finally, i would remove his command chip from his headset, and toss him out of CIC. He can be his own lord in his imaginary kingdom.

If we ignore that its incredibly LRP that an XO would act like that at OP start, and that it would be an OOC issue, I would probably handle it like that. BE would be the lazy way out in that situation.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really adding anything that hasn't been said already, but application looks solid to me. I've definitely seen you around the ship, but I can only think of a handful of times as SO and never as XO. Could just be a timing thing, but either way I would try to roll SO and XO more as you have this app up. Still, its at +1 for me.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatHoovyDood View Post
    Not really adding anything that hasn't been said already, but application looks solid to me. I've definitely seen you around the ship, but I can only think of a handful of times as SO and never as XO. Could just be a timing thing, but either way I would try to roll SO and XO more as you have this app up. Still, its at +1 for me.
    I mostly play lowpop, empty CIC XOs and SOs. And more often than not I get enrolled to be the aCO as RO.
    But yeah, I play a decent amount of command already, except when Im pretty much the only staff online, then I usually either observe or go drone/pfc.

Regardless, thanks to you and others for the +1s.
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    h
    H'yup, normally you want to just make their lives miserable so they can fuck off to cryo, chances are they could instigate a mutiny, but hey, more BE opportunities for you.

Regardless, ahelping sorts the problem better for you, but still solid answer +1

Play more XO before rigga begins to -1 your lazy ass
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    H'yup, normally you want to just make their lives miserable so they can fuck off to cryo, chances are they could instigate a mutiny, but hey, more BE opportunities for you.

Regardless, ahelping sorts the problem better for you, but still solid answer +1

Play more XO before rigga begins to -1 your lazy ass
    Thanks for the +1... I dont have to BE you as the RADM anymore I hope..
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

sexy avatar by Manezinho