User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dorkkeli - Commander Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good app, honestly. Don't see him command too often nowadays, but I do remember him XOing quite a bit before. Did well everytime I've seen 'em, so might as well leave my +1

But as the others said - do get more XO playtime, before angery people -1 your app on account of not seeing you.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say I've ever seen you in any CIC role, and while that may be timing, I do want to be able to see how you perform when you are in CIC.

In regards to your response to Me_Bigsnail's question: The Captain cannot use the stun baton. And I promise you, you do not want to use the telescopic baton to arrest someone. The telescopic baton is lethal. It murders people. Don't use it to arrest someone. Your best bet is to get a flash, which you can use. Other than that, your answer to the question is fine.

Now, I have a few questions of my own.

1. An MP walks up to you, punches you in CIC, and says "Why are you our captain? You are a stupid bald, how'd you even get promoted? Let's just put the XO in charge, at least he has half a brain. A PVT would do better than you, you brainless mongrel. I'm just going to arrest you for strict incompetence so XO can take over. At least we'll have a chance to win then." You have 4 SOs, he is the only MP, and an XO. It is 12:48 and the beans are currently winning, but you have a secret plan that will turn the battle around. This question is more of a way to gauge your ideas about the BE and enforcement of marine law, and probably won't actually happen.

2. If you pardon a marine and the CMP refuses to let them out what do you? Choose any scenario you want for this.

3. If a marine came up to you after briefing when you were heading back to CIC (in the hallway near CIC) and asks you for a tactical shotgun, what do you do? You recognize him as a robust marine. You have 4 SOs, an XO, and a fully staffed MP team.

For now I'll have to stay Neutral. You're a senior mod, so you probably know what you're doing, but I suggest playing more CIC roles otherwise your skills simply can't be tested.

And one last question, which might as well get added to Commander whitelist application: In what situation would you pardon someone?
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    You're a senior mod, so you probably know what you're doing,
    Keyword "probably" :smirk:

I would also like to see you grind XO more, but I DID already saw you play several rounds as both XO and SL and your commanding ability is most definitely above average. Being a great roleplayer at that I see no reason not to give you my rather worthless

+1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. An MP walks up to you, punches you in CIC, and says "Why are you our captain? You are a stupid bald, how'd you even get promoted? Let's just put the XO in charge, at least he has half a brain. A PVT would do better than you, you brainless mongrel. I'm just going to arrest you for strict incompetence so XO can take over. At least we'll have a chance to win then." You have 4 SOs, he is the only MP, and an XO. It is 12:48 and the beans are currently winning, but you have a secret plan that will turn the battle around. This question is more of a way to gauge your ideas about the BE and enforcement of marine law, and probably won't actually happen.

2. If you pardon a marine and the CMP refuses to let them out what do you? Choose any scenario you want for this.

3. If a marine came up to you after briefing when you were heading back to CIC (in the hallway near CIC) and asks you for a tactical shotgun, what do you do? You recognize him as a robust marine. You have 4 SOs, an XO, and a fully staffed MP team.

And one last question, which might as well get added to Commander whitelist application: In what situation would you pardon someone?
    1. If I am at a pivotal moment in the OP, I have no time to deal with insubordination from a member of the Military Police. Other than being a blaring OOC issue, that I wouldn't necessarily even have to handle, this would be a textbook instance of a proper moment to use BE. Undermining the Commanding Officer to such an extent is simply unacceptable. I have SO's that I could deputize but their contribution to the CIC would be indispensable at that point, since I am about to put my brilliant Hannibal level of battle plan into motion, so it would be a waste to have them wonder around the halls and guard a single mutineering MP. So, thusly, they become DEFCON fodder with a gaping hole on their head.

2. In this instance, I would discuss with the CMP on their reasoning on why they would refuse letting the pardoned prisoner out. If their reasoning is just, I might reconsider the appeal. If it is baseless, I would simply remind them that I have full authority to pardon anyone I see fit, and that they are subordinate to me. If they yield, all is good. If they do not, I would have them arrested for insubordination and stripped of rank and position, as they are unfit to command their department without being a threat to the legitimate command of the vessel. If I have no MPs, I presume that I have a moment of respite from command duties since I am not glued to CIC, and rather pardoning marines, I would have an SO guard the former CMP, while I contact High Command. If all else fails, Battlefield Execution may be necessary. How I would handle the issue would be on case by case basis.

3. You not allowed to hand out armory equipment prior to first drop, so its an automatic denial. Later into the OP, with causalities racking up? Sure, a shotgun for a good marine doesn't hurt, as long as enough are left in the armory to equip at the very least all officers in CIC.

4. I would follow a fairly simple train of thought. Is the person vital to the war effort, be they a spec or a squad leader? Is the crime committed minor or inconsequential in the long run? Does the situation demand for every able marine to fight? If the situation checks two or more of my criteria, then I would consider it a worthwhile appeal.
    You should not be appealing every single person in the brig, that would undermine the CMPs authority and harm my image as a just Commander.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright,

1. Yes, this is correct.

2. Good response.

3. True.

4. Pardons are different than appeals. If everyone in the brig was innocent, then you should appeal every one of them. You appeal those innocent of their crimes. Pardons are releasing prisoners you know are guilty. You're number 1 responsibility is to lead the marines to success. If you have to pardon a brig full of deltas to win, then you must do so. But you have to take into account trust. If you cannot trust someone, you should not pardon them. If someone you pardoned commits a crime then you can get arrested as well. Pardon that SADAR, but if they seem like a trouble maker, your best bet is to let them serve their time. In regards to undermining the CMP's authority, if you think it is best to pardon someone, then do it, the CMP will do their job and you can do yours. Their job is to enforce marine law, and some CMPs don't like arresting people for major crimes but they know they have to do it, so it may not always be an annoyance to the CMP.

Overall good response, just dust up on marine law lingo. I'll stay Neutral until I can observe you, but I am leaning towards a +1.

P.S I wrote this on mobile, so some stuff might be borked.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    snip
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I roll XO on the regular but I believe we are on different timezones. Hope you can witness my glory.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had you as my XO and was having a close look at you the whole time. You did awesome - to the point where I gave a medal - and went on to lead the marines into a hard-earned victory while I was preoccupied with stuff downstairs. Hell was going on and yet you managed to break through it pretty well.

And on this page, well, your app's good, you've responded well to others' questions on here, and I definitely won't have a problem with you in the CO role.

Big +1 from me, you're really capable! :>
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had you as my aCO, did one hell of a job calling the shots and kept on feeding me information.

+1 from me, though it will be sad to have another person to fight for CO....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so apparently COs can now use stun batons, so that works. Also a lot of people have had you as XO so it is probably just timezones. You know ML real good and all, so....

+1
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BE/Execution answer is good enough.

Common instances of issues answer is good.

Story is good and I’ve seen you enough to say you are competent in nearly everything you play shipside, except combat of course.

+1