Byond ID?
    Lumdor

CM Character?
    Bob Shoe

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Was an Admin on CM about a year ago.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Nope.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Nope.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    On the server no, but on discord yes.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Not SS13 related no.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    I'm willing to be actively communicative with the team.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Depending on the players notes if he has a history of doing this I would note him or escalate to a ban. If he doesn't have a history of this I'll leave it as an IC issue and then ask him why he shot the other player and decide my course of action from there.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'll link him the player report section of the forums and then will notify the predator council of the honor code breach. I'll also check and make sure that it was an actual honor code breach.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    If there is a mentor online I'll let them know of the player needing help. If no mentor is online I'll PM the player and ask them if they need help. If they do need help I'll try and help them in PMs or spawn in as a marine and help them in-game.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I'll let him know that I don't have to escalate to an admin+ just because they are asking, but if an admin+ is online and would like to speak with the player I'll let them do so. I may also note the player if they continue being argumentative.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I'll message the player 'John Doe' and ask them if they are a new player to the game. I'll also check their notes and see if they have a history of name rule breaks. If they don't have a history of doing this I'll simply change their name to a name they'd like (if t-mods and mods can do this now), and then will tell them to change it in the edit character panel for next round.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'll leave it as an IC issue for the MPs to deal with.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Unless it's an event and the survivor is CLF or a UPP survivor they have broke the survivor rules. If they have a history of already doing this I'll give them a job ban from survivor and then aheal any marines that were killed by the survivor. If this is his first offense I'll let him know of the survivor rules of them not being allowed to be hostile to marines, and then will note him.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'll PM the MP and tell them they are breaking marine law by not giving them the correct sentence. I'll PM the MP marine law and tell them to re-read it and put the marine in the correct cell for the correct time. If the MP has a big history of doing this I'll most likely job-ban them from MP and CMP, but if they have no prior history of doing this I'll leave it as a note.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I'll SM the acting commander of the ship that he has the urge to send marines down and clean out the colony. I wouldn't Queen Mother the xenos to take the DS because 4 against 30 on the ship is a obvious loss for the xenos.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    To be honest I'd leave it as an IC issue and see if the player is new to medic and doesn't understand how it works. I'd try and explain to them what to do. Though if I check their notes while they are doing this and they have a history of doing the same thing I'd let any mods online know so they can deal with it.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I'd let the CLF member know that when the round ends it's still on-going and you can continue to kill hostile factions.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Let them know that it is an IC issue and to let the MPs know so they can deal with the person.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Depending on the escalation of force if it was just one punch and the murderer ended up shooting the marine down then it would be a rule break. I'd let the murderer know our escalation rule and then check his notes if he has a past history with this. If he has a past history with this I'll ban him for the allotted time that fits, but if he doesn't have a past history of this I'll leave it as a note and a warning that he'll get banned next time. I'll also aheal the marine that was killed.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    If no one ahelped this mutiny and they were about to storm the CIC I would simply use the sleep ability on the people about to storm the CIC. If there is an admin on I'll let them know of the situation so they can use the better tools they have for the situation. I would also make an announcement either OOC or MOOC and tell the marines that the mutiny was not allowed and they should stop before people start getting banned.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'll let the one player know that minor racism in-game is allowed, and if they don't like the taste of it they should leave the area those people are RPing.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would instantly aheal everyone that was killed and then look up the user who did the shooting. I would then apply a week ban to the user and make a perma request on the forum.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'd PM them and let them know they are not allowed to charge in as a larva and die. I would also check to be sure they didn't burst directly on the frontlines. If they didn't and instead charged all the way from the hive to the front line I'd give them a xeno job ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd tell the xeno to talk it off and see if they have a history of doing things like this. If this is their first time I'll leave it as a verbal warning, but if they have a history I'd escalate into a note/ban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd let the player who ahelped know that xenos can call the dropship "dropship", and I would then link them the rule page.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd let the command staff player know about expected contact. They know xenos, clf, upp, and other things exist, but they don't know it will be xenos. If they have a history of this I'd most likely note them or stick them with a job ban. If this is their first offense I'll leave it at a note or just a verbal warning.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Depending on the amount of RP that goes along with it I'd allow it as that marine was saving his own life. Though if the marine runs up to the evac pod, opens the door, and just shoots a marine to get in I'd say that is not alright and would consider it griefing.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd leave it alone and use the mute function if they get out of hand. If they have a history of doing this I'd escalate it to a note or a ban.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tell them there is nothing I can do and let them know if they go afk they should do it in a more safe place.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd let them know in msay that they gave the wrong information so they can give out the right information. If they incorrectly enforced a rule and it was sever I'd let their manager know of the situation so they could correct it.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would not try and make the situation worse so instead I'd contact the managers of the two staff members and let them know what is going on.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I use to be an Admin on CM and left because of my drinking problem. I've had issues in the past mainly on discord, and it was always when I was drinking. As of making this application I am 2 months and 22 days of being alcohol free. I mainly want to be a moderator again because I enjoyed the community staff had while I was there.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Knowing when to look past situations and let them play out instead of putting your nose into them. It's better to let the RP someone is doing play out instead of you intervening as a mod and stopping it.

Anything else you
    I'm Lummy.
    Last edited by Lumdor; 04-11-2020 at 07:03 PM.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’re a fun guy and plenty experienced. But I’m not entirely sold that you’ll stop the constant shitposting.
    While I’m pleased to hear you’re making an effort to turn things around, it’s been said before.

I’m personally going to say no to this at the time being, because I would like more time to observe your behaviour. That aside however I have no issues with you being made a moderator again. Good luck to you.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your previous behavior has been quite unacceptable, and while I am encouraged to see that you're working to improve, I also believe this is too soon.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers are pretty much picture perfect like Forest said ya are known for being a bit of a shitposter but I believe giving ya a shot at a trial and seeing how ya perform during that time should show ya serious about wanting to rejoin the staff team so I'll leave my +1 for ya good luck.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    Your previous behavior has been quite unacceptable, and while I am encouraged to see that you're working to improve, I also believe this is too soon.
    I have been working to improve. My most recent behavior was mostly a shitpost to a dev member cakey who is no longer with us. I apologized to them and he said he didn't take it to heart. Hopefully, we can work together again Grim!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 All the staff shit post and if that's the most glaring issue someone can bring up, I don't think it really has a leg to stand on.

Proud of you, congrats buddy.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Forest said. Please try reapplying again sometime later.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For reasons forest and grim stated.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lumdor shitposts.
    He shitposts a LOT.
    But underneath it all he can be serious and is actually a decent guy.

Everyone was skeptical of Bobat and Kineem at first and they turned out fine, I don't see Lumdor being any different.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am extremely biased. -1
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: