User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Critilius - Yautja Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @QuickLoad Hello, thank you for the feedback regarding my application. Since this is my first time applying for Yautja I definitely have some learning curve regarding what is expected. Although I cannot change my application anymore I can definitely improve and make is significantly better in a month or if this application happens to fail. Thank you for the long and detailed answer as it helps me understand clearly what the issues are.

@Swagbag Thank you for the reply. I am glad I have shown progress since my CO application as I have promised to do so. I really appreciate your support overall I do hope I do not disappoint .

@Victor Kleiner Thank you for the feedback Captain, I sure do hope I do not disappoint. Glory to USCM

@Just L Thank you for your feedback, you have served the USCM under my command as a CO and an SSGT many times and I do believe you have great commanding potential and excellent leadership skills. I wish you luck in your CO application and thank you for your support.
    Aden Cooper

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aden Cooper is a madlad. SADAR main. Dude probably hunts predators to learn their behavior. +1 for the epic roleplay, because he's one of those kinds of people who actually mutually engages in roleplay and somehow makes it fun. Just don't HPC me when I try to PB you.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While under normal circumstances I would be neutral, we're not allowed to do that anymore, which means I have to learn towards giving this app a -1, and I'll explain why:

1) Even excluding notes I've given you, you have not been even close to note-free within the last thirty days, having a couple notes within that timeframe and a couple more barely outside that 30-day marker. On top of that, your history as a whole from a rule-side of things has been pretty poor and hasn't really seemed to improve over time.

2) I can only speak for myself, but when I have seen you interact with predators (this is about 5+ times now, either with me or with another pred), all you seem to do is run up with your knife out and scream "I CHALLENGE YOU" and either follow the pred relentlessly if they choose to ignore you, or stab them while they're responding. From an RP standpoint it's pretty LRP and from a predator standpoint it can be pretty irritating.

These two points coupled with the points QuickLoad made, and my inability to vote neutral, are why I have to give your app a -1.

I like you Aden, and I think you could be a good pred someday, but I don't think now is the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ChainsawMullet Thank you for the reply and the feedback. The first thing I would like to say is that I do agree with you and thank you for your vote.

From a rules standpoint, I would like to say that I love CM and I have no intention of disturbing others' enjoyment of the game by breaking server guidelines. CM is the only game I play at the moment and has been for quite a while now and I would not dare to jeopardize my ability to enjoy and participate in both Colonial Marines as a game and The Colonial Marines Community as a whole.
    My latest note is dated April 2nd and I do my best to stay note free as best of my abilities.

Regarding my interactions with other predators. I have had many RP interactions in many different scenarios with predators which are the main reason I want to become a White Listed Yautja eventually. As a marine, I do my best to provide an honorable fight for a Yautja. The reason for this is that from my experience most Yautjas are looking to bait marines into attacking them and eventually looking for a fight and a justification to kill a said marine. Instead of mindlessly attacking Yautjas and chasing them I give them an honorable 1v1 melee fight. Which is more interaction and better Roleplay in my opinion than what really happens when marines see a Yautja This helps me get better at the game and learn from my mistakes.
    Last edited by Critilius; 04-20-2020 at 04:41 AM.
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Critilius, apologies for the late post, but here's my review:

From what I've seen of this, you've pretty much done exactly what's asked of you. If I'd be honest you seem to have downplayed your position in the community Aden, as you are a common person to find on both the server and on discord. You're a pleasure to play with and an excellent roleplayer (when you choose to be).

As for the story you posted, you've done one thing which almost of us want all future predator applications to be:

S H O R T.

I feel a large reason many predator players don't actually comment/review some of these applications is because the stories are too fucking long. But I'm glad yours is not.

You aren't meant to be writing a novel, or anything of the sort, just trying to show that you are competent with the medium, understand most of the lore, and are capable of making something that sounds like it could translate to roleplay well. I'm pretty fond of your story, actually, though it lacks any real 'information' other than your predator's theme, it does not explore their personality, fighting style, etc. But those can be discovered during play/adjusted based on what you feel like doing for that particular round.

So yeah, I'd give it a +1.

Cooper has the ability to play predator to a good extent. While they're known as CO and for robusting xenos and so on even he's from Bravo Squad, they're also decent to interact with even if it's just small talk between marines. As an active player that seeks interactions with others I have to say that Cooper has a rather good sense of filling in the assigned role and as such I do not expect this to end up in Cooper going on a rampage like what I did to be de-whitelisted. I would say their RP is rather kept simple, but decent and easy to understand.

A robust hard to kill predator that will make it' s prey salty perhaps. But definitely not one that's just going to murder-spree everyone without attempting to interact with them.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you kindly for posting your application.

The council will be posting it's answer tomorrow.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, here's my hypothetical scenario that I would like you to answer, if you don't mind. Say a mature T3 is on their way to the front lines, like a crusher or a boiler. They "panic" and attack you twice. You don't recognize their name, and they're saying that it was an accident. You're well within your rights to hunt them, but the hive is down to about 15 xenos and you don't know if it's their last T3. What's your next action?

There isn't a "right or wrong" answer per se, I just want to know what you would do.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this scenario, I had a similar experience yesterday with a predator. @Sora9567
    -My Experience
    I was south of Alamo in LV-624 when I spotted a cave in the Jungle. I quickly found an engineer and tried to get a C4on that tunnel as fast as possible. While we were in the jungle a predator came out of the darkness I shot my m39 because I was scared. I missed my shots and I was face to face with a predator, I apologized to him and thought he was an alien, although this was the case he butchered me and defiled my corpse. Truly most dishonorable.

What I would do in a similar situation
    Rokklnor observes the battleground between the 2 opposing forces as he believes there is much to learn as far as combat and fighting skill goes. He does not panic or is not afraid of simply observing what is to happen next. Rokklnor is suddenly slashed and quickly takes a hold of himself looking and assessing his attacker while at the same time wondering if it is time to hunt honorable prey.

The prey stops and asses Rokklnor as well and decides not to attack and is hesitant, afraid of the Yautjas presence it backs off. Seeing this behavior of fear and hesitancy Rokklnor clears his stance and marks the prey as unworthy as there is no glory in killing prey that has no interest in fighting and will probably continue to flee as the fight rages on. Rokklnor nods at the creature a sign of understanding and moves on.

Rokklnor desires a true matchup where both parties will fight willingly and without faltering to fear.
    Last edited by Critilius; 04-28-2020 at 08:09 AM.
    Aden Cooper

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything we have asked, Critilius has had a good response to. He is a great roleplayer, and I think he deserves a shot at this. If he messes up as a predator, it can be reported, but I think we can give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, for informing me.
    I would like to say that I have learned a lot for the duration of this application on how to improve my application and what is wanted from a Yautja player and I am sure I will do better if I am declined the next time I apply.

If I do get accepted I thank the council and the community for providing feedback for me I do hope to be a great Yautja if this is the case.

Thank you.
    Aden Cooper