Your Character Name?
    Orlando 'Florida' Blackburn
    Their BYOND Key
    Nanu/Hunk1/Unknown other staff
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    3:30 PM est to 5:30pm EST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power
    - This should go without saying, but abusing your power as staff can - and will - result in swift punishment.

Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    - If a player breaks a rule, but increases the enjoyment of the server in general, (through roleplay or other such things) it can be overlooked. If no one admin helps (ahelp) a complaint, or seems to be complaining or taking issue with it, it may be best to let it go.
    - We're a server focused on the enjoyment of the players. As long as the players are having a blast and not every single rule is being broken, it's okay to let some things slide here and there.
    - Do not try to heavily influence the game unless it is for very good reasoning such as for an event, a player purposefully holding up the game, dishing out punishment for rule breaking (Examples: a commander killed a marine unjustly, a squad of marines are killing other marines for no reason, a queen is slashing every host known to man, aliens have stacked too many huggers) or other such things.

Enforcement of the rules
    - Whenever a player receives a punishment they should know why and what they are being punished for.
    - Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling.
    - We are not a government repressing their citizens. Don't hassle players for literally everything.
    Description of the incident
    Dismas Hind was the CO and I was the XO. We discussed potential plans for Prison Station shortly after the round started, and ended up going with the general idea of securing the yard as our main FOB instead of the LZ, and then having Delta and Charlie sweet west towards civ residences.
    I made a few jokes about how there were 'important political prisoners' on the station as the reason for why we are sweeping towards the civilian residences, and made a few announcements about it.

The marines seemed to think the announcements were humorous, as was my intention with them. CIC starts to fill up with staff officers, so I suggested to the CO to have one of us deploy to help oversee the operation, since we both recognized that having light fortifications at the LZ and focusing entirely on the yard was somewhat different than standard 'meta' for the map. The CO suggests I go down while he leads the op, and then we go and give briefing. For some inane reason a staff officer runs over to where the CO is, calls him a 'fag', and then proceeds to window slam him repeatedly until he took enough damage to have audible pain stutter. He got BE'd after that.

The marines then deploy via LZ1 and spread out, a few complaining about how they think it was 'dumb' to not build the FOB at LZ1. We eventually get all of the marines to the yard and max sec areas, where fighting breaks out at the chapel and one or two bravo squad members do most of the work building up the yard. I will add, also, that the yard FOB was more or less impenetrable, and the only reason it had to be abandoned was due to too many marines ungaing out and dying.

Later on in the op, I start hearing the MPs talk about arresting the CO, faxing HC, and some other stuff, as apparently the CO had shot his cat, and that is enough of a reason for the MPs to arrest him and claim that he was unfit to be the commanding officer. At this point, I am in the yard FOB, as one of the only remaining jtac spotters (as said by the mortar operator and the CAS pilot) and thus I was making sure to play extremely cautiously. The last bio scan had shown that there were less than 10 xenos remaining, and I was confident that the operation would conclude smoothly from here on out, even without a de-facto CO.

The MPs start yelling at me on the comms about how I am breaking marine law by not coming back to take the CO's place, even though the way back to LZ1 was lightly defended with only around a single layer of cades in most positions, as well as numerous reports of the xenos and even the queen trying to probe out back line. For this reason, as well as the fact that the MPs seemed to be going absolutely bonkers up on the Almayer, I made the decision to stay on the ground and continue leading the operation from there.

Eventually, I do manage to make it back to LZ1 and state "I will shoot any MPs that get within 5 feet of me" as I had still been hearing reports of the MPs doing numerous ridiculous acts on the ship, as well as the RO apparently being shot for some reason. Justifiably, I am concerned about going back to the ship, but I do so against my own better judgement. The moment I step off of the Alamo, the CMP says he is arresting me, and I spend the rest of the round in the brig, while the aliens work their numbers back up to well over two dozen, hijack the Alamo, and then kill everyone on the Almayer. I tried to activate SD and evac, but I got the message to 'wait 94 minutes before trying to activate SD again', which was just incredibly confusing.
    Evidence
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...63/unknown.png

Allegedly, the cat was shot for 'defcon' as we were like half a percent away from the next DEFCON level.

This law is worded vaguely. It does not say the CO specifically is not allowed to kill his cat. Regardless, arresting the CO DURING an operation WHILE the XO is in the field is completely ridiculous and 'LRP', regardless of the fact that the CO shot his cat. The MPs effectively put the lives of over a hundred people at risk because they wanted to arrest someone REALLY badly.

I have no ill will towards the staff involved in this, I just think this was handled very poorly, enough to warrant a staff report on the matter.
    How you would punish the accused
    An apology, possibly a note, MP job bans, and some more thought put into Marine Law. The rest is up to the managers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was playing as MP Brett McMatherson.

MPs received permission/order from High Command to arrest CO and to keep him in his quarters and this order, of course, was carrier out. I have notified XO and first thing he said, as far as I remember, was "I pardon CO" and "I will not return, because you will arrest me". I do not recall XO saying at any point, that he just cannot reach FOB to leave station. All we (MPs) got was:
    CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "I pardoned the CO but they refuse to listen"
    CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "I don't really care."
    CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "Okay and you arrested the CO for shooting a stray cat, so clearly law doesn't matter here."
    CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "God this is why I hate MPs"
    LCDR Connor Anderson [Command (CMP)] says, "XO BY ALLAH"
    LCDR Connor Anderson [Command (CMP)] says, "YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN CIC"
    CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "Fuck off CMP. Get the CO out of jail."
    SFC Ryder Thompson [Command (CRMN)] asks, "XO, we shoot the Mps?"
    CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "No, only shoot if they shoot first."
    CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "MPs are to be treated as enemies and that's all."
    CDR Orlando'Florida'Blackburn [Command (XO)] says, "If they try to taze, kick their asses"

And so on

And since, I, as an MP, had no idea, that XO was unable to return to LZ, I was going to mark him for Desertion, for clear refusal to return to his post. However, later XO has threatened to shoot MPs and returned to Almayer, because of it, CMP decided to charge him with Sedition and AWADW, which is Major Crime and cannot be ignored. I would like to say, that when XO was put in charge after CO's arrest, he was not marked for any crimes.

Both RO's accidents were dealth with by MPs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will give my two cents from my perspective

I was CO, yes I BE'd one of my LTs when briefing was about to start at hangar and yes I killed my cat midway OP, basically my ruling behind sacrificing Jones was 0.64% DEFCON left for cryo troops which was mind numbing for everyone in CIC so I told to myself 'Does Jones count to the body pile?' So be it.

I start to drag Jones corpse to morgue as CMP tells me what I did was Illegal, keep in mind by the time of the events I forgot that Nanu's ML stated that Jones was a marine, ergo killing it was a capital crime, so I thought they were taking a banter at me, also IC and OOC I was really fucking desperate to get DEFCON 3 [I even faxed HC to just give us DEFCON 3 since it was already at 0.64% but alas, no answer] since we were getting on those sweet xeno stalemates that drag on a lot.

Then probably CMP faxes to Provost and their ruling is to put me in my office and make me unfit for command so CoC forces XO to reach CIC and take over, at this point I was so tired of all the stuff surrounding me, the Operation was at a stalemate dragging on, and now MPs force me to not lead the operation as effectively as I was in CIC, monitoring any possible xeno positions etc. That I say in LOOC:'Cryo me, I have better things to do' and I disconnect

I'll admit that killing Jones was a silly thing but turning it into a whole shitshow just made things more burdersome for me, I find jobbanning the MPs excessive as they were following ML, I am only stating my perspective of the events, not dictating punishments.

From there on out I get possibly cryo'd as I was already useless sitting in my office with three MPs staring at me, so I cannot confirm whenever or not the events after me throwing the towel are true or not.
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! Just clarifying a few things about the scenario from what I saw as an observer that round. I can't dig up too many logs, but, I can confirm that this wasn't an event, and should not be treated as such.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...78/unknown.png

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ohhh boy. This round.

Alright, i was involved on this and I was PLAYING this round and i was the CAS pilot as i were hearing everything on my headset. If i remember correctly, you attempted to pardon the CO without having privileges and i told you multiple times you cannot do that.

The Commanding Officer's privileges does NOT extend to aCOs. That includes pardons and battlefield executions. The fact where no staff stepped in on the CO BE'ing his cat because it was being dealt ICly and that's literally a Law. The CO got arrested for a Lawful charge. I didn't saw the your arrest though which i belive to be legitimate because you threatned to harm any MP coming nearby you as YOU said clearly.

Now if you allow me to quote the marine law here:

Assault - To threaten or use physical force against someone with ill intent, but without intent to kill.
    Assault with a deadly weapon- To threaten or use physical force against someone with ill intent and with a lethal weapon such as a sidearm, blade, or rifle but not attempting to murder them.
    When you said you would be shooting any MPs nearby you, You threated to use lethal force against them which is a crime, which i see as a valid arrest.

Now allow me to quote the Rules:

Rule 0. Admins (not Mentors or Mods) retain the authority to ignore the enforcement of specific rules at their discretion when they feel it is in the best interest of the current round, the server, or the player base at large. However, they are fully accountable for their actions when they exercise this privilege.
    As i see here, you're accusing me and other staff of abusing our powers, Care to explain what we done to abuse? because i can't seem to understand it, did anyone did something against you that you find it abusive?

Second:
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    - If a player breaks a rule, but increases the enjoyment of the server in general, (through roleplay or other such things) it can be overlooked. If no one admin helps (ahelp) a complaint, or seems to be complaining or taking issue with it, it may be best to let it go.
    - We're a server focused on the enjoyment of the players. As long as the players are having a blast and not every single rule is being broken, it's okay to let some things slide here and there.
    - Do not try to heavily influence the game unless it is for very good reasoning such as for an event, a player purposefully holding up the game, dishing out punishment for rule breaking (Examples: a commander killed a marine unjustly, a squad of marines are killing other marines for no reason, a queen is slashing every host known to man, aliens have stacked too many huggers) or other such things.

Enforcement of the rules
    - Whenever a player receives a punishment they should know why and what they are being punished for.
    - Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling.
    - We are not a government repressing their citizens. Don't hassle players for literally everything.
    I don't remember Pming you at any point and i logged off when the xenos got onboard and at the time i logged off, i don't remember any other staff member PMing you, Now regarding to second part of preserving the RP and enjoyment of the server... How did we failed on that since the CO being arrested and you being arrest didn't affect the round end which probally resulted in a Xeno Major victory. The sight i have of this whole incident, that every thing was dealt accordingly and IC issues were resolved ICly inside rule boundaries.

To be fair, i don't see a issue on your staff report, i don't see a reason to this to exist.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said in-character during the round, if the CO is being arrested for shooting his cat, law is clearly being thrown out the window.

The entire point of trying out the new marine law is to figure out what works and what does not work, correct? It is, in my opinion, obvious that treating Jone, a simple mob that has nil impact on the round as equivalent to a player is so absurd that I legitimately thought it was some sort of admin event or just MPs being shitty. Nanu or Hunk could have just as easily looked at the marine laws and went 'Okay wait yeah this is stupid' and said 'No, you can't arrest the CO for that' and then had that portion of marine law rewritten or removed after the round.

This entire mess ruined the round, as when the CO was being arrested the xeno side was on the backfoot and I believe they were in the single digits in terms of xenos left. CIC was completely thrown into disarray, the marines on the ground were all incredibly confused and upset, I was confused and annoyed, and overall this was just a mess. This resulted in the round dragging out into an incredibly boring stalemate where the xenos just hid for the next hour or so with the queen screech+neuro spam+gibbing any marines that found her.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was SEA this round i Cryod the CO things went south people we going crazy the XO stayed groundside the whole operation after multiple People including me and Moderators from what i heard that he can not parden and must report shipside and take over in that event it did not happen after 14 time repeating myself he came shipside threatened Military personal which alone is an arrest able event in it's self
    then spread the rumer the MPs forced the Cryo of the CO even though i stated countless times with Witnesses i took him to cryo since he SSD in which case i was after word taunted and disrespected based on my Referring to marine law and XO role guidelines inwhich through the majority of the round i was helping the MPs and trying to get the next in line to become Acting Captain in CIC in which i had no other option besides a officer by the name of Lt heinrich something due to the XOs refusing to come shipside to be arrested for threats against the MPs i presume but in any case hunk alone was a PO and had no interference in this matter because i didnt even see him talk in command chance to begin with IC wise now i did not see the Faxs or anything but High command has the final word i did not see any Rules broken by the staff the mutiny was legit the High command message for jones seems reasonable in which case i support the mods and admins on that round

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Snip
    You literally described the way to be removed from staff.

We don't take a management approved Marine Law and throw it out of window. If you want feel free to do it, you will be punished, but i won't go to the head manager point my finger at him and tell he's wrong, i am here to enforce, not questionate.

Also, The point of new Judicial system is being tested (me belives), not the marine law. What why i understood, the changes made to marine law are final and re-written so MPs couldn't not abuse the Marine law as perma'ing a marine who comitted DGTP or disrespect.

We, Moderators, regardless of our position (senior or not) will not step in and tell a MP to not follow the ML. I saw most of the issue ICly and i belive everything is valid and lawful.

I must point that you're staff reporting us on a non-ahelped issue.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually yeah, now that I think about it, the MPs shouldn't be punished for something they have no control over. So that part of the report I will withdraw, especially since this is mostly about how bad the marine law ruling was and how the staff handled it.

The CO could have just as easily been arrested AFTER the operation or AFTER the XO had come back up to the ship, instead of telling the MPs to arrest the CO immediately. The mods should have been able to see that the XO(me) was not in a good position to make it back to the ship and take over command of the operation, due to the numerous xeno flankers and long idstance from the LZ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Clarification, Hunk attempted to pull a Rule 0 on me when I was asking questions about the situation. Although It may have been on someone else's behalf, I do find it slightly hypocritical that rule 0 was quoted as not being something he could use as of being a moderator.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...66/unknown.png