Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Potato PC Challenge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potato PC Challenge

What computer do you use to play CM?

Does it work good enough, how old is it, etc.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a PC when I didn't know about specifications and shit, so it wasn't a gaming PC. I had a shitty video card and an A-10 CPU, but Battlefield 1 and COD WW2 were running kinda good on lower graphics. Then I bought a GTX 1050ti video card and wanted to buy a new CPU, but the guy who repaired my PC(it kept crashing) told me only the A-10 fits on my motherboard.

So basically, I play on a slightly upgraded ASUS PC. It will run most new games on lower graphics, so I'm fine with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I built a PC 13 years ago, a mix of Asus/ATI/AMD parts, most notable being Radeon 6700 series (I no longer remember which exactly it is, it's the only part I ever replaced, I bought it in 2011 and it was mid-tier at best), and AMD X64 A2 at 2.7Ghz.

The fact that it still somehow works is nothing short of a miracle. Most recent game I ever played on it was Skyrim and it ran just fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my laptop 2 years ago second hand from an electronics store in Budapest. It is Lenovo T440P With Intel HD 4000 on it and nothing else. I doubt anyone else can beat that .
    Aden Cooper

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm running a roughly decade old PC that I built back in highschool, which I have kept with me and running through college and all.
    CPU: AMD FX6300 - Old as shit but still somehow works. Replaced the thermal paste on it 1 to 2 times a year
    GPU: Radeon RX 560 - Decent budget card
    1tb hard drive
    16 gb of ram (Mostly for playing Starsector mods)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a 7 year old custom built PC that I've upgraded over time. I can run Monster Hunter World at max settings with 144 FPS and yet I spend my days playing 2D games that can run on a toaster.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiNerd View Post
    I use a 7 year old custom built PC that I've upgraded over time. I can run Monster Hunter World at max settings with 144 FPS and yet I spend my days playing 2D games that can run on a toaster.
    Run Starsector, it makes most PCs cry if you install a shit ton of mods for it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, before my first pc fried after 13 years, it was a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 ghz, no GPU 2 GB ram ddr2

Now i have a equally shit Intel I3 2100 3.0 ghz no GPU and 4gb ddr3
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had a shitty intel laptop for a decade, finally got a new laptop last christmas and I'm lovin it

but CM ran fucking great on my oldie despite all of my other games running poorly at best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on that Samsung Smart Fridge.