Jimmy Talledega
    Their BYOND Key
    Medizan
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10 PM
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of the Rules - Investigate Adequately
    Description of the incident
    I was playing as a marine and was wordlessly chased by the CMP, tased and put into Brig w/o a single charge put on me the entirety of the situation, all breaking SOP regarding arrests.

I ahelped and Medizan took the ahelp, and inadequately investigated the situation, saying that the CMP did no wrong and I was valid, despite the fact that ICly, the CMP had wordlessly chased me around with a taser without a valid charge put on me, twice in that round.

MPs are expected to state actual charges before making arrests and give reasonable brig sentences, but the CMP did none of that (no charges stated so no arrest could be made, no brig sentence declared) and put me into the brig w/o a timer. As I ahelped it, he failed to take account of SOP and did not investigate the fact that the CMP did all of this wordlessly, and kept stating that I was valid and the arrest was fair, even though the CMP couldn't identify ANY crime I did. In fact, the CMP flipped through the ML Book several times, to attempt to put a charge on me.

In summary, Medizan took my ahelp and failed to properly investigate it, while allowing the CMP to commit illegal confinement that entire situation. He did not check logs neither did he listen to me in the investigation, and told me to read the new ML which was being used in this discussion.
    Evidence
    Logs
    How you would punish the accused
    As he is a new Moderator, I would recommend you go over the investigation process for ahelps with him.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correction, time was about 8-830 PM CST.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there. So let's start from the very beginning of what happened and work our way out from there.

Firstly, when I got the Ahelp I spoke with you about why you believed that it was an illegal arrest / unacceptable factor by the MP. You stated that they were just "illegally arresting" you and didn't provide much clarity outside of that you were tased in the process.

I reviewed the Variable logs on your person and noted that you were flashed (and had a number of disarm spam logs) but weren't tazed from what I could see. I additionally began speaking with the other party who was the CMP which is the next step in our investigative process as we need their side of the story. There were no additional parties to interview by the looks of things. I spoke with the CMP who said that they had placed him under arrest in reference to "Hooliganism" for running around near DS2 with just a shotgun and literally no other clothing on. Looking at Jimmy's character, this seemed to be factual as he was still only dressed as such. I spoke with the CMP about proper charges and the means by which Jimmy was taken into custody. The CMP claimed that they attempted to stop and speak with Jimmy but they ran away, thus resisting arrest and warranting use of force to arrest him.

While it was not clear if the CMP did or didn't inform Jimmy of the charges, I spoke with the CMP regarding the importance of doing such as well as encouraging them to properly review ML as the charge they were getting wasn't specifically the most accurate that they could have gotten at that time. I additionally, spoke with the CMP who informed me that they weren't aware of how to 'start the brig time' thus showing me that they're a newer CMP / Newer MP with the new jail system. I instructed them on how to do it but they didn't follow through for one reason or another.

Jimmy was then released and proceeded to IMMEDIATELY, while I was watching, run out of the brig in just his underwear and proceed to DS1 whilst continuing to state that he was falsely arrested. I then informed him that being naked is indeed a breach of SOP which is a charge that he can get. He continued to deny / refute such and state that he wasn't arrested "properly" and that the CMP was intentionally "griefing" him. Based on my investigation, the fact that CMP appeared to be otherwise new, and that Jimmy was indeed breaking ML I took no action against the CMP aside from educating them.

I additionally informed Jimmy to read SOP and ML because he as incorrectly believing that he had committed no offense which is clearly not true as logs, records, and my own observation shows. This situation was more than thoroughly investigated, it just didn't turn out the way that Optimistic desired despite him being informed of all the details I could provide him along the way, to include how to player report the CMP via player report.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be depositing logs of this within the next 12 hours
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player's Ahelp and responses:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The message that prompted the CMp to arrest Talledega:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CMP's actions from roundstart until moderator PM's:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Moderator PM's to the CMP:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Novacti; 04-14-2020 at 11:05 PM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I reviewed the Variable logs on your person and noted that you were flashed (and had a number of disarm spam logs) but weren't tazed from what I could see."
    - The CMP pulled out a taser and only used a flash when I got disarmed by the PO, throughout that entire time, he did not state any charges neither why I was being arrested, that is Illegal Confinement.

>Includes, kidnapping, hostage-taking and confining people in cells without charging them for a crime. Does not apply to Prisoners of War. (Nanu's ML)

"I additionally began speaking with the other party who was the CMP which is the next step in our investigative process as we need their side of the story. There were no additional parties to interview by the looks of things. I spoke with the CMP who said that they had placed him under arrest in reference to "Hooliganism" for running around near DS2 with just a shotgun and literally no other clothing on."
    - If you bothered to check the logs, the CMP, once again, did not say any clear warning nor charges before I got arrested, during my brig time without a timer, and after, these still break MP SOP and ML regardless if I was a criminal or not. This same exact incident happened again during deployment which was around 1220, where you had time to tell me that I was still running around in shorts.

"While it was not clear if the CMP did or didn't inform Jimmy of the charges,"
    - The CMP didn't, both in the first incident I ahelped, and the second one you saw. The logs will prove this as no charges were stated, neither did the CMP as for me to stop.

" I spoke with the CMP regarding the importance of doing such as well as encouraging them to properly review ML as the charge they were getting wasn't specifically the most accurate that they could have gotten at that time. "
    - It's not your job as a moderator to be telling the MPs what to be putting as charges for an IC situation because you aren't mentoring them, neither were you aiding in an event. All that is given in IC is that the CMP was told to arrest me for hooliganism, and the CMP did not follow MP SOP by stating charges and making a proper arrest, neither did the CMP give any charges while I was secure, leaving me in the brig cell. If I didn't ahelp it, I'd probably still be in that jail cell.

"Jimmy was then released and proceeded to IMMEDIATELY, while I was watching, run out of the brig in just his underwear and proceed to DS1 whilst continuing to state that he was falsely arrested."
    - Not in the context of me commiting no crime, but the CMP doing the exact same thing, giving no charges and rushing into the Dropship with a taser to arrest me, and another marine doing the same gimmick. You even told him to not do that, yet he still did, most likely in your view considering you knew I was in DS1.

"I additionally informed Jimmy to read SOP and ML because he as incorrectly believing that he had committed no offense which is clearly not true as logs, records, and my own observation shows."
    - True on the first sentence, but logs show that A. The CMP didn't listen to you expecting them to state charges; this is still a violation of SOP that you saw, and MPs are tied to ML AND SOP. B. Logs should show that the CMP was firing his taser a notable time in between me being let out of brig, and us arguing at the very end.

Overall, I felt like this issue was inadequately investigated because you acted on behalf of the CMP (i.e, ignoring the CMP's violation of ML and use of Illegal Confinement) because I was valid for a crime, while not checking logs adequately to ensure that the CMP gave any charges. In your response, you were even unsure if the CMP gave any charges when the logs show that the CMP did no such thing in all three important moments: me getting arrested, CMP and I in the brig, and me in Dropship 1 (although granted, I didn't ahelp the 3rd incident, but I assume you saw the CMP tasering people in DS1 including another marine doing the same gimmick considering you were able to say that I was committing hooliganism in the Brig). In fact, the CMP ignored your response and tried to taser me while in the dropship (in between me being let out and you responding back in PMs, Novacti, please add this if you can) to arrest me, without any stated charges. Newness or not, the CMP was ignoring you and in turn, breaking Rule 15 by committing FFP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post
    "I reviewed the Variable logs on your person and noted that you were flashed (and had a number of disarm spam logs) but weren't tazed from what I could see."
    - The CMP pulled out a taser and only used a flash when I got disarmed by the PO, throughout that entire time, he did not state any charges neither why I was being arrested, that is Illegal Confinement.

Running from someone when they were apparently trying to speak with you regarding an arrest is sufficient in of itself to use force to otherwise arrest you.

>Includes, kidnapping, hostage-taking and confining people in cells without charging them for a crime. Does not apply to Prisoners of War. (Nanu's ML)

You weren't even confined in a cell if you wanna get literal here. As my logs and information states, you were immediately released after being held in the lobby area of security for a brief period of time. You were placed in a cell but the CMP was apparently unfamiliar with the new systems for charging people and thus released you instead. I spoke with them regarding this matter as well but you were rather adamant that this was targeted greiefing towards you which is just abundantly not the case.

"I additionally began speaking with the other party who was the CMP which is the next step in our investigative process as we need their side of the story. There were no additional parties to interview by the looks of things. I spoke with the CMP who said that they had placed him under arrest in reference to "Hooliganism" for running around near DS2 with just a shotgun and literally no other clothing on."
    - If you bothered to check the logs, the CMP, once again, did not say any clear warning nor charges before I got arrested, during my brig time without a timer, and after, these still break MP SOP and ML regardless if I was a criminal or not. This same exact incident happened again during deployment which was around 1220, where you had time to tell me that I was still running around in shorts.

Your argument seems to have shifted from 'this is griefing' to 'they didn't tell me what I was under arrest for when they put the cuffs on so I want an mod/admin to come make them stop and let me go.' After speaking with the CMP it was clear that they were new to this entire branch of the process. I am Not going to punish someone for being new nor am I going to go out of my way to overturn a decision based on the fact that they had a lawful reason to arrest you but may or may not have followed ML to the letter in arresting you. Even if they didn't that's more of a provost issue than an admin one. And yes, this incident did happen again because, despite being informed of what was going on you decided to be a repeat offender in front of the CMP and other MPs thus inciting another chase where you immediately dove into the crowds on the shuttle and actively avoided the CMP and MPs by constantly moving around the shuttle.

"While it was not clear if the CMP did or didn't inform Jimmy of the charges,"
    - The CMP didn't, both in the first incident I ahelped, and the second one you saw. The logs will prove this as no charges were stated, neither did the CMP as for me to stop.

Again, this is a provost issue but a situation involving a newer MP team that was dealing with someone I was now actively watching run away from them to the point they couldn't talk to you / tell you that you were under arrest due to you constantly avoiding him. Especially the second time, you knew what you were doing was illegal, you knew that the CMP and MPs were after you, and I watched you actively avoid them. Not sure how you expect to be told to stop when you're hiding from them on the DS trying to beat the launch timer.

" I spoke with the CMP regarding the importance of doing such as well as encouraging them to properly review ML as the charge they were getting wasn't specifically the most accurate that they could have gotten at that time. "
    - It's not your job as a moderator to be telling the MPs what to be putting as charges for an IC situation because you aren't mentoring them, neither were you aiding in an event. All that is given in IC is that the CMP was told to arrest me for hooliganism, and the CMP did not follow MP SOP by stating charges and making a proper arrest, neither did the CMP give any charges while I was secure, leaving me in the brig cell. If I didn't ahelp it, I'd probably still be in that jail cell.

It is my job as a moderator to tell MPs what they can and cannot do for an IC situation, hence the entire reason you made an ahelp. If you noticed what I told them however, I specifically didn't tell them which charge would be more applicable but it is our job to make sure that the MPs are also applying correct charges. Some MPs are newer and need guidance rather than some sort of punishment, which you seem to believe that the mods/admins are here for specifically - punishment. You may or may not have been told but they went over the charges with you in the brig as you admitted to earlier, which is rules lawyering but I get it. On top of that, however, you weren't at any time secured in a brig cell as I mentioned. No timer was ever started for you. You ran, got flashed, dragged back, I witnessed them speaking with you over the charges in the brig area, you got put in a brig cell for a few seconds, then you were released without the timer starting at any point.

"Jimmy was then released and proceeded to IMMEDIATELY, while I was watching, run out of the brig in just his underwear and proceed to DS1 whilst continuing to state that he was falsely arrested."
    - Not in the context of me commiting no crime, but the CMP doing the exact same thing, giving no charges and rushing into the Dropship with a taser to arrest me, and another marine doing the same gimmick. You even told him to not do that, yet he still did, most likely in your view considering you knew I was in DS1.

Given the fact that there was a usual brawl on the DS and a reoffender who was just told about not running around naked on the ship who then immediately proceeded to reoffend and use the DS as a means to hide from them trying to 'tell you youre under arest' like you wanted.

"I additionally informed Jimmy to read SOP and ML because he as incorrectly believing that he had committed no offense which is clearly not true as logs, records, and my own observation shows."
    - True on the first sentence, but logs show that A. The CMP didn't listen to you expecting them to state charges; this is still a violation of SOP that you saw, and MPs are tied to ML AND SOP. B. Logs should show that the CMP was firing his taser a notable time in between me being let out of brig, and us arguing at the very end.

Firstly, you decided to make it extra difficult for the players involved. There is a concept called "Letter of the Law" verses "Spirit of the Law". It's quite clear that you have a skewed view of the former but a poor concept of the spirit of the law. In this specific circumstance you made informing you that you were under-arrest per part 1 of Nanu's new laws of procedures of arrest almost impossible. From your actions, it was clear that you understood that you were under arrest the first time you saw a MP when you actively ran away from them and hid on the opposite side of the ship in an attempt to escape them prior to them firing, flashbanging, or taking any type of use of force. That, coupled with the fact that the CMP and Mps were clearly new and now having to rush against the timer of the drop ship itself, you didn't exactly leave them a lot of options to stop and talk.

Overall, I felt like this issue was inadequately investigated because you acted on behalf of the CMP (i.e, ignoring the CMP's violation of ML and use of Illegal Confinement) because I was valid for a crime, while not checking logs adequately to ensure that the CMP gave any charges. In your response, you were even unsure if the CMP gave any charges when the logs show that the CMP did no such thing in all three important moments: me getting arrested, CMP and I in the brig, and me in Dropship 1 (although granted, I didn't ahelp the 3rd incident, but I assume you saw the CMP tasering people in DS1 including another marine doing the same gimmick considering you were able to say that I was committing hooliganism in the Brig). In fact, the CMP ignored your response and tried to taser me while in the dropship (in between me being let out and you responding back in PMs, Novacti, please add this if you can) to arrest me, without any stated charges. Newness or not, the CMP was ignoring you and in turn, breaking Rule 15 by committing FFP.
    Moderators take the totality of the circumstance into account. The fact that the CMP didn't tell you that you were under arrest isn't a "get out of jail" free card that you can get via ahelp to begin with. This, as you have even stated in your counter argument, is an IC matter first and foremost that I was investigating primarily on the account that you claimed griefing, which is a rule violation. There was absolutely no malice within the CMPs actions, especially since the majority of what I spoke to them about seem to be factual despite having an outlook that was not quite correct. The totality of the circumstance does not have the CMP nor you in the right at this point. You were intentionally, willfully, and knowingly egging on the situation by the virtue of your actions alone and intentionally, willfully, and knowingly avoiding the CMP and MPs at first contact, prior to any firing of tasers and such which would tell me that you're aware we're looking for you and that you're now actively resisting.
    Last edited by Medi; 04-14-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actions of the CMP within the last 4 PM's from the moderator:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is worth while noting that I observed Jimmy constantly attempting to and sometimes successfully exiting his cell multiple times, hence the CMPs statement.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been a uptick of people who have been violating the marine law SOP with recent changes by being naked. Going to say moving forward if people are doing this in mass to bait MPs and cause shenanigans before drop, I will have the moderation team issue bans for round start shenanigans.

In this situation mods were recently told to be a bit more easy with MP/CMP violations until the new Marine Law is in full effect.

The mod did their job, normally the player would have been noted, but with the recent changes and administrative policy they chose to mentor the player instead.

Also I’ll say this, if you break ML law and the MP/CMP violates arrest procedure, you’re still in custody and still have to deal with the IC consequences. You don’t get a jail out of free card, instead you have to go through IC means to get out by faxing HC, or filing appeals.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids