User Tag List

View Poll Results: What should ARES be allowed to do with marine law?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing

12 35.29%
  • Inform MPs of crimes committed sometimes

19 55.88%
  • Order MPs to perform arrests sometimes

1 2.94%
  • Have the same power as High command provost

1 2.94%
  • Other (Mention in comment)

1 2.94%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARES should stop messing with marine law

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    I am fine if someone steals from another squad req or prep. Their SL should have spam vended everything onto the floor.
    yeah the spam vending thing is rly stupid, they should just add all the attachies that SL vendor has to PFC vendor for points, maybe make the desired ones cost more, like 45 points for a smart scope

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be fine with Ares snitching that I crime was committed, but I was unaware ARES could specify exactly who committed it.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimo View Post
    yeah the spam vending thing is rly stupid, they should just add all the attachies that SL vendor has to PFC vendor for points, maybe make the desired ones cost more, like 45 points for a smart scope
    Didn't the l42 sniper kit come with a smart scope before? Now it has the useless 4x one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimo View Post
    The issue with that is that still everyone could end up with IFF. I agree though that the vast majority of gear and attachments should be available through the vendor. The only things that should be in squad req are things that need to be in limited supply. A handful of explosives. The mou53 and HPR kits. The smart scopes. Portable barricades. It wouldn't really make a difference if 90% of the equipment in squad req was in squad prep because if its important enough the ungas fund a way to get their hands on it regardless.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of attachments, PFCs can get from their vendor for points, but they'd rather get a certain kit.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering that there’s already a system in place (used by the specs) for limiting kits, I don’t see why the HPR and MOU and the other kits can’t be made available in the PFC window. If they lower the cost of the kits, but make it so you can only get one, and make it so that there’s a limited number of certain kit types, then you can also have certain attachments with limits (that you can only get one of, as per the SG vendor) as well. Limiting a PFC to a single kit will prevent that person we all know from getting two HPR kits, just to cannibalize the clips from one (and thus denying one to someone else).
    Last edited by Moosetasm; 04-17-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not add one optional kit like with pouches belts etc that dont subtract from the vendor points, and maybe an option to sacrifice your kit for extra vending points? also maybe give people the option of buying extra ammo/supplies that go to those kits, like flamer ammo or extra sandbags at a high cost?

boom problem solved