1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50RemAndCounting - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    50RemAndCounting

Player Name You Use Most?
    Sofia Racic, also well known as Synthetic Marcia.

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...or-Application | Accepted Mentor application

//showthrea...or-Application | Accepted Moderator application

//showthrea...ic-Application | Accepted Synthetic application

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    The Battlefield Execution is the Captain's final of the three trump cards at their disposal, them being the special powers granted to them by the High Command - SOP alterations, pardons and battlefield executions. Their purpose is to be used by the Captain in extraordinary situations to ensure that the operation isn't disrupted and continues in its best interests. Therefore, a captain is to exercise their right to BE a crewmember in dire situations where the captain had established a very reasonable basis - or better yet, has solid, concrete proof - that their would-be victim would, with their actions, seriously and perhaps even unrecoverably, disrupt the ongoing operation, therefore warranting their immediate removal by the Captain.

Some examples of what I would consider valid BE situations would be, for example, a crew member refusing to perform some assignment deemed mission-critical after repeated, direct, in-person orders given by me to them to do so. Or a crewmember harming and/or killing me or other crewmembers near me.

The main difference of a BE from a regular execution is that the BE entirely relies on the Captain's judgement and view of the situation. The crime/s commited by the would-be victim may not warrant an execution as a punishment at all, if the said crewmember was apprehended and investigated by the MPs instead. Because of this, and the fact that the BEs are, in spirit, primarily done when time is of the essence, as described earlier, the BE is not something a Captain should really be performing unless they're absolutely certain that this crewmember is an actual and credible threat to the operation and their immediate removal would be for the good of everyone else.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    My CO seeks to utilize her general competence, her balanced personality, mostly non-rigid tactical approach, general aversion towards heroics, active communication with all of her subordinates and reliance on trust tactics to accomplish given objectives with the most optimal outcome and the least amount of casualties and material losses (not collateral damage).

When dealing with insubordinate staff, my initial primary concern would be to inquire the reasoning behind this. Depending on the importance of the order and the severity of the insubordination commited, I may opt to reach a compromise or let it go if it's really minor, order an arrest for more major cases, or even considering heading down personally if it's a very serious issue. My CO has no intentions of antagonizing her crew, but neither does she intend on allowing them to actively undermine her.

From the departments mentioned, Engineering incidences of this are usually the least serious, to the point I may even consider letting the issue go entirely and just performing the necessary task myself.
    Req or command are significantly more serious cases, and the exact instances and outcomes of such incidents can vary greatly here.
    Cases of insubordinate MPs are by far the most serious, but they're virtually guaranteed to be server rule issues, something that ought to be ahelped and left to handle by staff through OOC means.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The CO is here to be a decision-maker and a show-starter. They are to assess the situation at hand from a strategic perspective, to decide a general course of action for everyone else to follow, and get the entire thing going. Then, through active communication and coordination with their subordinates, they do their part with the rest of the crew to ensure things keep going until their conclusion by continuously assesing the situation from mainly a strategic perspective and give general orders and guidelines to their subordinates and entrust them to take care of the specifics and technicalities to the best of their abilities, and not attempt to control them like some puppet.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I think the CO's arsenal could use an update. Give the CO an unique, fancy-looking vendor in the stead of their safe, which would allow them to retrieve their gear and dispense ONE weapon and accompanying ammo of their choice - the M46C, the Smartgun, or a third, special weapon, I believe something long-ranged would fill in the niche ideally here. I understand it's a very long shot, but it is an idea I've been throwing around my head a lot.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    Roleplaying is something I enjoy doing in CM, and as I've done so far as a synthetic, so would I warmly welcome to be granted the opportunity to do the same as a CO. I've greatly enjoyed the few times I roleplayed an admiral thus far and would greatly appreciate to be given an official confirmation that I can be trusted to do so via this whitelist.

I also do not feel an urge to play a round to win, like some may do. I'm more than open to discuss and apply new kinds of strats and add unique tweaks and twists to the current meta of well-established archetype plans usually utilized in one way or another. We're all playing to have fun, and very few roles have the ability to make a round truly be so like the CO does.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see another Fantastic RP player work towards CO i know you in game your worthy of the captain’s position ive only seen you command way back can’t recall but im a boomer from 2014 so I don’t know when but ill ask questions later today but im absolutely positive this CO application will go through with ease

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wont read +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty question time imagine your self as the CO in these questions please be detailed and brief. explain any possible scenario in each situation For instance no MPs online or in the event some are in question 3 and question 6

1. The operation starts on Solaris ridge how would you make and ready your battle plan and present it in briefing?

2. You are headed to briefing to give your briefing and Delta with a PO launch at 12:05 and deploy against your wishes how would you deal with them?

3. You are in briefing and chaos breaks out and you have to regain order of the squads what would you do to deal with the mess in briefing?

4. In the event of a low pop round whom would you deploy in Req and Engineering if no Shipside staff are present?

5. The CL had given free ultra zine to all the marines in briefing and is about to cause a mutiny what would you do ?

6. A Squad leader shoots the RO and kills 2 medics and a engineer and rushes to CIC and tell you he did nothing wrong and despite obvious evidence of him doing so *you saw him do it basically* how would you deal with this issue?

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesthebond View Post
    Alrighty question time imagine your self as the CO in these questions please be detailed and brief. explain any possible scenario in each situation For instance no MPs online or in the event some are in question 3 and question 6

1. The operation starts on Solaris ridge how would you make and ready your battle plan and present it in briefing?

2. You are headed to briefing to give your briefing and Delta with a PO launch at 12:05 and deploy against your wishes how would you deal with them?

3. You are in briefing and chaos breaks out and you have to regain order of the squads what would you do to deal with the mess in briefing?

4. In the event of a low pop round whom would you deploy in Req and Engineering if no Shipside staff are present?

5. The CL had given free ultra zine to all the marines in briefing and is about to cause a mutiny what would you do ?

6. A Squad leader shoots the RO and kills 2 medics and a engineer and rushes to CIC and tell you he did nothing wrong and despite obvious evidence of him doing so *you saw him do it basically* how would you deal with this issue?
    1. Well. There is no single way to go about this. One thing I'd like to note though, is that I generally prefer picking LZ2 instead of LZ1. Unless I can trust Bravo squad that they know what they're doing from roundstart, I'd rather not risk yet another round where marines get stomped because bravo completely neglected north LZ caves despite repeated instructions and warnings. Should bravo lack engineers as well, I've found it to be effective to temporarily assign another squad to assist them in FOB duty and let them move on out from the FOB once the squads report to me that the basic FOB perimeter has been fully built. I would take special care to explain that bit in no uncertain terms, too, lest the marines start thinking I'm assigning two whole squads to permanent FOB duty when I'm not.

2. Uh, do you mean 12:15? It's mechanically impossible for the dropship to launch before 12:15. Either way, I would warn them via announcements that they are putting themselves and the rest of us at great danger with their recklessness and that they should NOT leave the LZ because they will have absolutely no support. By this point I'm expecting to completely lose control of all of my squads, so I would adjust accordingly. Since briefing would likely not have been done by this time, I would for example opt to hold it in the hangar etc.

3. Those kinds of things should not be happening at all. I would ahelp it first, then announce for everyone to calm down, and based on the severity of it all, either delay the briefing by a couple of minutes or reschedule it at, for example, the hangar if the situation at brief is completely unmanageable.

4. If there is one available, I would delegate the XO to man req in such a situation. I would handle OB reloading myself and announce whenever I'm leaving CIC to do so. Unless one of the SOs shows intitiative and steps forward to go to Req, I'd rather have them stay at their posts and perform overwatch.

5. Again, this leans extremely heavily on the side of rulebreak things, rather than an in-character thing. But should something like this actually keep happening, I would immediately rally the MPs and CIC staff + other willing officers on me to bunker up at CIC, and demand that the mutineers stand down immediately.

6. If I have an XO or SOs, I would deputize one of them and have them arrest the SL. Otherwise, if I'm completely by myself, I would proceed to arrest them myself, since, to my knowledge, I am allowed to do that IF there is absolutely no MPs, no SOs and no XO. This very much sounds like griefing/improper escalation though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry about the errors in spelling and you are correct i meant 12:15 i was typing on my phone and i hate my phone with a passion but i like your answers over all you have your +1 With ease but on each question

1st question i was meaning how would you bring it up in briefing like a We are responding to a distress call and ect ect and list the orders like give an example of the briefing and pretend im a recruit awaiting to hear why im here what we are doing here what we expect orders to engage kill hostages and ect

your answer for question two could not be any better then it already is and is way better then some real Captains would do *cough let delta die*

Your answer for 3 was great along with 4 i would suggest in game not to use SOs because they are more important ordering squads especially in your absence but reguardless of that great response

question five i love the fact you realized the fact it was leaning towards rule breaking then again your are a mod so i expected as much and your answer is amazing

question 6 great answer one suggestion is if you have 2 SOs deputize both because you never want a 1v1 you always want to have the upper hand when it comes to dealing with a threat
    i expected a use of a BE but you are correct about the rules

Congrats! for your +1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between the application itself, and what I've seen of you personally, I think I'm confident on this one. I remember seeing you in the CIC -- and by all accounts, you weren't bad -- but I think you need a little more time until you're ready for the role. I want you to be able to play Command with absolute ease, and I keep feeling that you're still a little rough on the finer points. I believe you have the aptitude and the motivation to do well in Command, but you just need the extra experience. I'm confident you can do well if you keep at this.

Anyway, good luck. +1
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 04-14-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very good roleplayer who has experience in command roles.

Honestly I was surprised you don't have this whitelist yet.

Plus 1
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    based and racist

+1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Racist as fuck, good XO and SO. Has lead the corps to several victories.

+1
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho