Byond ID?
    ReynTime13

CM Character?
    Jaylee Kelly

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    (GMT-6)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Can't get a solid number, sadly

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Not recently, I've been staff on a discord server once or twice, and a Mentor on Civ13 Briefly

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Yes.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    I made A CE job unban appeal

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Not that I remember.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Not that I remember, But I wouldnt doubt it.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    TG: Varies
    Citadel: Unintentional adminshopping
    BOH: Anger issues, apparently.
    Paradise: Apparently antag begging
    Aurora: Being an idiot

Not sure where else. I'm willing to admit to my faults.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Bwoink people involved to learn of the situation, discuss with other staff members or other people, see if it's a first offence. If it's a first offence, or not often, I'd likely give a warn or leave it to the MPs. If its frequent behaviour, I'd consult the rest of the staff about a temporary ban.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Evaluate the situation, ask both sides for the scenario, bring it up with higher ranking staff because I'm not the one handling the whitelists

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Mentor's Job, although I might offer help if there's no mentors online.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Explain the rules, Act calm

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Bwoink, Inform them of naming policy, ask them if they want it changed to something else, change it for them, warn if it happens again, or apply temp ban if it's frequent

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Bwoink, ask them why they have the gear. If there's a valid reason, they can carry on. If not, either leave it to mps if they have it handled and apply a warn, or just apply a warn. If frequent behaviour, Consult logs and other admins for possibility of a job ban or tempban

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Due to current rules, Survivors apparently can't be hostile to marines from the get go, thus, that survivor is getting a warn, or a survivor ban or temp ban if this is frequent behaviour.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Bwoink the Mp about it. That's not permabriggable in of itself. Ask if there's any other reasons why this would happen. If this isn't justifyable, give a warn or, if repeat behaviour, consult other staff about a jobban, and also demand release of the prisoner, potentially. If Justifyable, Ic issue.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Have a minievent with a commanding officer coming in to evaluate the situation, or queen mother the last few aliens into fighting. I can't do much without seemingly favoring one side or another, though. Consulting other staff would be wise in this situation.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ahelp the situation, give full details, and let the admin team evaluate the situation from there. Even If I'm nod, I'm in round. Not my job when I'm in the round.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    The CLF is a hostile. It's Technically not grief if it's a hostile being killed.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Bwoink the perpetrator, ask them why they did it, tell them to cut their shit, give them a warn. if this is repeat behaviour, a temporary ban is possible.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I've been on the recieving end of such an ahelp (Im an idiot) so I know the procedure. That's an escalation violation, and deserves a warn, or, consulting other staff about a ban or applying a ban if it's frequent.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Announce that there isn't a proper mutiny and for everyone to calm down, and, if they want to properly mutiny, ahelp me about it. If they still continue, it's time to hand out warns and punishment if they didn't ask for proper mutiny authorization afterwards.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell them to possibly tone it down due to someone IRL being offenced.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    They Logged in, shot, and fucked off.

Sounds like a ban to me.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Warn them not to do it again, unofficially, if anything, unless it's repeat behaviour. Otherwise, Natural selection

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Bwoink them, tell them to stop, warn them for lowrp. If repeat behaviour, or too extreme, potential temporary xeno ban, although i'd consult staff first.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Not too big of an issue nowadays, seeing as xenos know about the marines, an marines know about the xenos

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Inform the captain that they don't know for certain that it's xenos, and give them a talking to. It might have been CLF. It might have been some idiot dropping their book on the emergency beacon. If this is repeat offender, consult staff about a jobban, whitelist removal, and ban.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I'm not entirely sure if the pod counts corpses on it, but I know that if there's more than three people in a pod, it blows up. I'd consult other staff in this situation, due to the complex nature of it, check logs, check with witnesses, and so on.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Give them a warn for being overly hostile, Consult admins about muting them in LOOC, or deadchat, or taking further action.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Ic issue.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Inform higher ranking staff about this, Try to correct their mistake if I can, otherwise, support any admincomplaints related to the issue.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Read over the rules to check the interperatation, then bring up the situation with higher ranking staff. I'm only a moderator, not Judge, Jury, and Executioner, especially within the staff team.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Mainly, I just want to help CM be a better place, and take some of the work load off of other staff's Shoulders. Not to mention, Might work on a resume as volunteer work.

Mainly, I just want to help.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Professionalism. Instead of rushing to one conclusion or instantly banning or enforcing a rule blindly, Evaluate the situation, consult logs and other staff, and then act. If the situation demands it, of course.

Anything else you
    Anything else I'd Like to add?

I've been going observer recently to help the staff team, and I got advised to make an application. Additionally, I am diagnosed with ADHD and aspherger's syndrome.
    Last edited by ReynTheLord; 04-13-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, you have to many notes within 30 days for me to support this moderator app.

Come back with at least 30 days note free, longer the better and I'll support it.

-1 from me until I see improvement.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    You do not bring it up to higher ranking staff unless they are a member of a whitelist council. Just bring the issue up to the council and tell the player to make a player report.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    You need to be more specific. Answer is only partially correct as well.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Completely an IC issue. Unless they use the rifle to breach a rule.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Moderators don't run events. Senior Mods and Admins do.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    INVESTIGATE the situation first.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    no, not natural selection. One of the xenomorphs main limiting factors is their numbers. This is a rule 4 break if consistent.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    You can mute their LOOC yourself.

You have a large number of notes that have been accumulated within this year.
    Your answers lack effort and your ingame behaviour is unsatisfactory.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understood. Closing it, I have a lot to learn.
    Last edited by ReynTheLord; 04-14-2020 at 04:33 AM.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closed - Withdrawn
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.