Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones is a stupid cat

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, do this. Change the Jones' law to say:

"Killing the captain's pet is not punishable OOCly, unless you are an MP and are on orders to not kill Jones. In addition to this, killing Jones cannot be punished ICly other than a charge of hooliganism. However, the captain reserves the right to battlefield execute anyone who harms, kidnaps, kills, or disrupts Jones in any way."

So I can set it in brig and watch through my office cams then BE whoever kills Jones.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... none of you have ever been part of the Lynch mobs for when some nutjob murders Mr Wiggles or Lisa?

Not that I would ever partake in any such vigilantism... even if I do scream in joy over coms every round whenever one of those two is successfully evacced, and tell people that those animal’s safety is paramount. Just make it that the nuclear launch sequences can only be decided by their brainwaves or something. We shouldn’t have to tell players that randomly killing animals is a sign of serious mental disorder, even if they’re just 2-D space man’s pets.
    Last edited by Moosetasm; 04-14-2020 at 04:55 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    So... none of you have ever been part of the Lynch mobs for when some nutjob murders Mr Wiggles or Lisa?
    Nope, we are in a war. We dont have time for things like this. This is really shipside concern.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can already predict the mad men that will break in the CIC, kill Jones and then frame the Captain for it.
    But seriously, don't kill Jones. He's the best Sky Marshall we ever had.
    Last edited by Axyinious; 04-14-2020 at 06:17 AM.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Players act LRP, so admemes implement LRP law. Admeme RP most affected.

Instead of just granting Jones OOC shield, or making him unkillable, staff gave him more rights than ARES has. Sounds reasonable, isn't it?

Attachment 1248
    I dont think destroying ARES is allowed? and if it was that would be stupid, besides, ARES is just a stupid machine you can fix later, unlike Jones which is a life.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimo View Post
    I dont think destroying ARES is allowed? and if it was that would be stupid, besides, ARES is just a stupid machine you can fix later, unlike Jones which is a life.
    Well, destroying ARES is not allowed, but there is no stupid law that ARES has the same rights as marine, it is simply OOC protected. Just like a cat could. And this would be fine with me, no LRP hardcoded into the lore as Marine Law is a part of it..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Well, destroying ARES is not allowed, but there is no stupid law that ARES has the same rights as marine, it is simply OOC protected. Just like a cat could. And this would be fine with me, no LRP hardcoded into the lore as Marine Law is a part of it..
    well, there is no reason to protect Jones OOCly as it does not disturb the flow of the round, but ICly, there is plenty of RP reasons not to harm a pet.

ARES on the other hand, should be protected OOCly cuz it can be game breaking.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimo View Post
    snip
    One of those reasons should't be that its death is treated exactly as murder. For admemes is appears to distrub the flow of the round since it is such a big problem. I can't quite grasp how COs were the main cause of LRP Jones deaths, yet they can't be punished for LRP, we literally have to have IC LRP laws to protect us from LRP. This shouldn't work this way.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatHoovyDood View Post
    Alright boys, I got a flawless solution. We make Jones player controlled, and give Jones Ol' Painless. This will certainly be fair and balanced I swear, I already have my Jones whitelist ready to go.
    actually just making jones player controlled and able to cause low level mischief around the ship would be really funny to watch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    actually just making jones player controlled and able to cause low level mischief around the ship would be really funny to watch
    Jones Whitelist when?

But seriously, don’t cats have trip mechanics in base SS13 code? Like if you walk onto a tile with a cat, you go prone?
    That would be GLORIOUS.

Scenario:
    A marine is running from the advancing xeno horde, with a Praetorian just about to get within tail stab range...
    And then Jones pops out from a maintenance hallway and trips... the Praetorian.