Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Jones is a stupid cat

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DekoToast View Post
    To be honest, I really don't mind killing Jones being an IC issue. Hell it even means there are actual crimes the MPs can solve. As long as it doesn't become an OOC issue, it really shouldn't be that much of a problem.
    It's an OOC issue once they make it so that the captain can be removed from the round for shooting Jones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Jones wants to be let out of the room but I keep the door closed, is that illegal confinement?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a sneaky suspicion that in any military, if you killed your commanders pet, you'd be locked up.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvrem View Post
    If Jones wants to be let out of the room but I keep the door closed, is that illegal confinement?
    Yes.

If you pet him without his consent, its Sexual Harrasement.

Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    I have a sneaky suspicion that in any military, if you killed your commanders pet, you'd be locked up.
    Nobody says you shouldn't. Whole argument is that it shouldn't be counted as murder of another marine, because even if it is CO's pet, its still... Pet. Also I doubt that CO would be locked up after killing his own pet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ML shouldn't provide an easy way to lock up the CO if he shoots his own pet. It should be possible, perhaps easy, but not cakewalk. COs are (should be?) held to a high standard OOCly, so them killing their pet will (should?) be part and source of shiside RP.

Other than that, I have no issue whatsoever with that part of ML. This is a military vessel and the rules here have nothing to do with civilian laws and rights. Putting a cat on the same level of a human being is just an easy and understandable way to word the law. It works as intended, and any dumb PFC (that bothers checking) will get the idea right away : don't mess with the captain's pet. Regardless of his official rank, this is an isolated bubble of atmosphere light years away from civilisation we're working in. You just don't disrespect the captain's cat. Or you get royally in trouble, even more than if it were a marine and it's completely legitimate.

I'm also ok with letting MPs deal with the lowRP that goes with marines killing Jones. They now have the legal guidelines allowing them to deal with it legitimately, and build the RP around it, without any OOC issue breathing down their neck. That does not mean that staff cannot and won't step in of Honk McPFC is running around lowRPing; killing jones does not excuse lowRP behaviour that would otherwise not be tolerated. RP being enforced properly is another discussion, and I'd rather it didn't influence how ML is written.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Military working animals are normally given official ranks so soldiers will not disrespct them. Most working animals are given a honorary rank of E-9. As far as Law Enforcement dogs so to say, some states give enhancements that attacking/killing a police dog is the same as attacking/killing a cop.

However I am in discussions with Nanu/Vamp about it, but my view is just a one time shit show doesn't mean we should change it, and I will be watching in the future when the new ML/Justice system is in place during rounds.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Military working animals are normally given official ranks so soldiers will not disrespct them. Most working animals are given a honorary rank of E-9. As far as Law Enforcement dogs so to say, some states give enhancements that attacking/killing a police dog is the same as attacking/killing a cop.
    BoomerVision.jpg

Yup. This is how I feel seeing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Military working animals are normally given official ranks so soldiers will not disrespct them.
    Also so they know what to pay the owner, since those animals do bring home a paycheck. Should I be insulted that those dogs make more than me?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alternative thing I've been speaking to Nanu about is changing it from a capital crime to a new "Cruelty to Animals" crime. It would fall under the SOP about wild-life. Something that says marines shouldn't be killing domesticated animals (jones, mr/mrs wiggles, cows) and non-hostile wildlife (monkeys/yiren/those furry thingys) unless its for research purposes.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine by me. It actually makes some sense to not waste ammo and generally to not be cruel to neutral/friendly lifeforms and in world of CM where creatures like Arcturians exist, to prevent another war.