Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zachistka - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Zachistka

Player Name You Use Most?
    Bill 'Cornbread' Sutton

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...e-Ban)&p=46127 | Suicide with C4 as CE to avoid arrest; 3 hour timeban, jobban (lifted)

//showthrea...or-Application | Mentor (accepted)

//showthrea...or-Application | Mentor (accepted)

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    The BE is always the least preferable option and should only be seriously considered under exceptional circumstances. It is a last resort emergency action to be taken where other measures would be insufficient.

While regular execution is a punishment that may be applied as necessary, the battlefield execution is used to halt a threat to the operation where the urgency is too great for normal arrest and execution procedure.

An example of this would be the summary execution of a marine attempting to rally his squadmates to mutiny against the deployed captain during the last stages of FOB defence. In this situation, their actions would represent an immediate and credible threat to the operation, and the captain would be justified in taking immediate action to preserve the chain of command.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    The marines are often plagued by infighting and a lack of cooperation between departments. I strongly believe that encouraging a Blitz mentality (all pull together) will help this. Megaphones, medals, and announced commendations of hardworking marines will be heavily emphasised, giving the marines a goal to aspire to knowing that their efforts will be publicly acknowledged and appreciated by the rest of their team. This approach gives them heroic figures to trust and rally behind when things become desperate and the normal chain of command is threatened.

Insubordination is a problem in almost every round. Wherever possible, it is always best to hear out and resolve grievances and have departments return to work without their capabilities being compromised by arrests and executions. Unfortunately people will not listen, and short briggings can be necessary to "encourage" personnel to return to work. If staff are working alone to keep a department running, it is a good motivator to acknowledge this to the marines to let them know that their efforts are appreciated. A little positive encouragement goes a long way in encouraging players to give it their all.

The goal is to have the department continue operating with its functionality affected as little as possible, not to punish those who slack off. Only in repeated and serious cases should major brig sentences be applied. Overmeddling and micromanagement causes resentment in departments as they feel command does not trust them. Direct involvement should be left for when serious concerns arise over functionality.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    Some people think the Commander's only job is to dictate tactics. In reality, their job is to *lead* - to ensure morale is high and the marines are united. By directly helping to keep the ship running (understaffed reqs, mediate brig sentences, load OBs), you put yourself on an equal level to marines, and this makes them more likely to trust you to lead them. If departments are quarrelling or squads unhappy with their treatment, it is the captain's first duty to ensure their loyalty to the team - and to this end, peaceful negotiation and compromise is always the best possible outcome.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I hear the medal UI could be optimised.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I would like to bring a positive atmosphere to rounds in the style of a stoic British officer, gallant in the face of insurmountable odds who can inspire his men to stand beside him no matter how desperate the situation.

Although a lot of people know me for silly antics, I really do enjoy serious roleplay. I believe strongly in creating fun little objectives for marines to make rounds more memorable, and want to encourage a positive round atmosphere, which I feel the "Heroic Idealist" approach would greatly contribute to.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    He woke in a cold sweat, jerking forward and immediately hitting his head on the low ceiling. Cursing as he rubbed the fresh bruise on his forehead, he looked around the dimly-lit captain's cabin. At least he was awake now that he'd cracked his skull.

0400 hours. Another nightmare, worse than usual - he vaguely recalled something about an engine failure and an impact tearing through the main cryosleep storage bay. Maybe it was time to ask the professor about changing his medication. There was no point trying to get back to sleep after that knock on the head. Bleary-eyed, he hauled himself to his feet, putting on his slippers, adjusting the fancy white peaked cap on his head and grabbing his bathrobe off the coat rack on his way out. Like seemingly all USCM captains, he needed a coffee. He somewhat unsteadily made his way out of his quarters and down the hall to the abandoned officer's mess. At least there was no one around - it simply wouldn't do for the captain to be seen so underdressed.

Pressing a button on the bright red machine, he stood patiently as the cup filled itself, the smell of a black coffee managing to rouse him to something resembling wakefulness. Gingerly passing the flimsy uninsulated paper cup from hand to hand, he strode into the bridge, still in his pyjamas and dressing gown. A clearly bemused XO stood to attention.

"Good morning, Captain. I take it you slept well. What was it this time?"

"Engine fire. Tell the CMO I need another appointment with him this afternoon."

"Aye-aye. Bosun dropped by with a little gift from the engineering department, said it was donated by the suit."

That put a bit of a smile on his face, at least. Swiping his identicard into the reader, he sat down heavily at the console, carefully moving the conspicuous bottle of Bollinger '86 out of the way.

"Good morning, ARES. Situation Report?"

Dials flickered and buttons flashed. The console rattled as it printed out a long piece of paper covered in meaningless calculations and readings. A flat, emotionless electronic voice rang out from the speaker.

"GOOD MORNING, CAPTAIN. SITUATION REPORT: SYSTEMS NOMINAL AS OF 0400 HOURS. NO HULL BREACHES, MECHANICAL FAILURES, OR ATMOSPHERIC FIRES DETECTED. WE ARE CURRENTLY IN ORBIT OF: PLANETOID CHARON IIIA, CLASS IV HABITABLE WORLD FOR LOW-INTENSITY MISSION OF CIVILIAN PACIFICATION.

PRIORITY INFORMATION BULLETIN: SUBSPACE SENSORS INDICATE PRESENCE OF UNIDENTIFIED JUMP-DRIVE CAPABLE VESSEL ORBITING CHARON IIIA IN THIS SYSTEM. MINIMAL ENERGY SIGNATURES DETECTED FROM THIS VESSEL."

He perked up an eyebrow at that. "Sanders?"

The XO coughed. "Aye, Captain. Been keeping an eye on it, but there's no activity at all. Couldn't get a response out of it, and looked dead as can be when we passed by it. Most likely a derelict hull."

"I see. Set a course for a geostationary orbit over Avaris, and we'll send a contingent down at 1500 hours. God willing things will be straightforward for once and we'll be home in time for dinner..."

He was cut off as the console began to rattle again.

"PRIORITY ALERT: FALSE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED. AMENDED INFORMATION FOLLOWS: SUBSPACE SENSORS INDICATE PRESENCE OF MULTIPLE UNIDENTIFIED JUMP-DRIVE CAPABLE VESSELS ORBITING CHARON IIIA IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO ONE ANOTHER. SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN ENERGY LEVELS EMANATING FROM THESE VESSELS DETECTED. UNKNOWN VESSELS ARE NOW MOBILE AND WILL INTERSECT WITH COURSE OF USS GIBRALTAR IN APPROX. TWENTY MINUTES."

"...Fantastic. Lower communications jammer and establish contact with unknown vessels."

The communicator's monitor flickered to life. The visual feed boldly declared there was "NO SIGNAL" in large yellow lettering on a background of static.

"This is the USS Gibraltar. This planet is under quarantine due to civil unrest. You are in direct violation of general isolation order R-7912. Under the authority of the United States Colonial Marine Corps, you are hereby ordered to identify yourself."

Nothing.

"This is the USS Gibraltar to unidentified vessel. You will state your identity and affiliation, or we will be forced to assume you are enemy combatants. Stand down immediately."

The monitor flickered briefly as the static was replaced by a red "CONNECTION TERMINATED."

"Right. Guess we'll put the garrison job on hold, then. Elevate security code."

The XO saluted as he hurried out of the bridge, hurriedly making his way back to his cabin. The klaxons began to blare as the dimmed night-lighting suddenly increased to full intensity. Swearing under his breath, he blindly fumbled his way to his bunk, throwing off his robe and halfway-managing to fit on his uniform over his pyjamas before giving up and just buttoning on the jacket instead. Hopefully everyone would be too preoccupied with the imminent boarding to notice. Clearing his throat, he learned forward into the PA system on his desk.

"General Quarters, General Quarters, all hands man your battle stations. This is not a drill, this is not a drill, all hands man your battle stations. I say again, General Quarters, General Quarters..."

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Bill 'Libtard' Sutton, I'm afraid I'm going to have to cite your extreme and over the top dedication to improving the rounds with your positive interactions as SGM for this app. Instead of being a massive autist pseudo MP, you're actually helpful and enjoyable to be around, and you actually act like a human bean. If your behavior from SGM rolls over to the CO whitelist, my heart would be embiggened 3 times larger than the mass of cholesterol choking my veins to see such a memorable and worthwhile player take charge of the round.

I didn't read your story btw lol +1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vote yes

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say I see you as anything other than... SEA. I will have to stay NEUTRAL until people either vouch for you playing XO or I see you personally as XO.

Good app overall though.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen you only as SEA and i am with Fortelian with this one i will remain NEUTRAL untill i see you as XO or people start vouching for you i do like the application i wish you explained the BE more briefly but other wise good job and once i see you play XO a few times ill ask questions and depending on that youll get my +1
    Otherwise good Luck on the app!

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, yeah, the guy who barged into my bedroom while I was changing so he could snag a white cap and a sword. It's one hell of a first impression, honestly, if a bit embarrassing.

Obviously I've had you as my XO. You're pretty good, definitely memorable from the stuff that happened with you.
    You've got good capabilities and leadership potential, and I can see you've also got the RP side of things (from your therapy session) so that's a pretty nice thing you've got going.

Your app's good, too, don't see any problems with it and you've got a pretty good story as well.

While the folks above might not've seen you as XO, I have, and so I'm giving this a +1 based on the personal experiences I've had with you. I don't think too many people'll have a problem with you actually owning the white beret and cap for once. Good luck!

please don't break into my room again without knocking >:(
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen him lead as CMP or CE a few times, I think we won all the rounds with him in command. Knows marine law very well and is a good roleplayer. I am more than sure he'll do fine as a Captain.
    The story is entertaining, at least for me. +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app that I may or may have not read more than twice.

Just don't do any really stupid shit as CO.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay imma support this application. +1 good luck.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ehhh sure +1