0 Thread(s)

wetriedkek - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Wetriedkek

Marine Name
    Jack'Gulie'Warner

Other Whitelist Applications
    wanted to apply for Predator but those are closed.

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Butcher

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    yes.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    a man enters CIC and shoots the CO.

Synthetic Character Story
    *note* for this character story, he would require one exception from the synth rules and be allowed to use MP non Lethal gear.*

Butcher is a W-Y experimental police drone. The company was looking over the numbers and saw that perhaps if they replaced all W-Y prison guards with synthetic machines they could save money on both worker salary's and food costs for the guards.
    His Capabilities and programing were being tested planeside when the Xenos escaped from containment. His mission parameters are to serve and protect the populace so as soon as the colony fell he assessed that there was no recovering the facilities. His mission became to find as many survivors as possible and get them to safety and away from the Xenos. Hopefully, the emergency beacon is still functional and will call a USCM ship.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    spelling error announcements and then need to process conversations. he is slow but dutifully dedicated to the Law. he will always take commands side in things except when presented with facts and evidence that the CO has broken marine Law.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    8-10 familiar

How familiar are you with Command?
    0-10 never

How familiar are you with Medical?
    0-10 never tried because I don't want to be the guy that stands there when someone is dying.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    5-10 I did a req window a few times. never fun.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I always thought it looked fun and I believe I could do the necessary role play for the role. I always try to obey the rules of the server and have only ever gotten EORG a few times the past 2 years.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    EORG. Was CAS and it was the end of the round. A guy say he flared an empty building and wanted to see a show. I fire. Banned for 3 hours.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    no

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    if this is denied please state steps I must take to reach the point where I can be approved.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I have seen you in-game, but there are a few things wrong with your app:

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

a man enters CIC and shoots the CO.

For this question, you should tell us what you can do to stop the man. Can you beat him with a baton? Can you disarm and arrest him? Can you help him shoot the CO? The answer in general needs to be longer.

Synthetic Character Story
    *note* for this character story, he would require one exception from the synth rules and be allowed to use MP non Lethal gear.*

Butcher is a W-Y experimental police drone. The company was looking over the numbers and saw that perhaps if they replaced all W-Y prison guards with synthetic machines they could save money on both worker salary's and food costs for the guards.
    His Capabilities and programing were being tested planeside when the Xenos escaped from containment. His mission parameters are to serve and protect the populace so as soon as the colony fell he assessed that there was no recovering the facilities. His mission became to find as many survivors as possible and get them to safety and away from the Xenos. Hopefully, the emergency beacon is still functional and will call a USCM ship.

This is a 1-2 paragraph story. A synthetic story needs to be at least a page. I'd recommend using google docs and sharing your story for others to review.

spelling error announcements and then need to process conversations. he is slow but dutifully dedicated to the Law. he will always take commands side in things except when presented with facts and evidence that the CO has broken marine Law.

Synthetics have to side with command always. You have to follow marine law no matter what. And what do you mean spelling error announcements? Announcing has a minute long cooldown and should only be used by CIC staff to make important updates.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    8-10 familiar

How familiar are you with Command?
    0-10 never

How familiar are you with Medical?
    0-10 never tried because I don't want to be the guy that stands there when someone is dying.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    5-10 I did a req window a few times. never fun.

You have to have a 10-10 in every one of these categories. A synth must know how to do basically everything.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I always thought it looked fun and I believe I could do the necessary role play for the role. I always try to obey the rules of the server and have only ever gotten EORG a few times the past 2 years.

OK, not getting banned is good.

Overall, you need to work on every aspect of the game. Play MP/Doctor/Researcher/OT/CT and then play the department head of those jobs. CMP/CMO/CE/RO

Also make sure to play staff officer and executive officer to get a good grip on command.

If you follow these steps I would most likely have to give you a +1 on your next application. Also, take a look at other synthetic apps:

//showthrea...ic-Application - APPROVED
    //showthrea...ic-Application - APPROVED

Do what these people did ^^^

Also look at denied apps to see why they got denied, then don't do what they did to get denied.

Also make sure to be active on CM discord for updates to synthetic rules and whatnot.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your answers are quite a bit short and your story only has one page. I recommend using Google Documents to write your story.
    I don't understand your quirk and personality quite well.
    The fact that you don't have experience at Medical or Command is very concerning. You need to have a basic knowledge on all support roles before applying to a synthetic.
    I recommend you grind Command and Medical before applying.
    For now I will be NEUTRAL but leaning to a -1 until I see you in-game.

Edit 1: I will have to -1 this. The reason being the above.
    Last edited by Axyinious; 04-17-2020 at 08:39 PM.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your story is way to short, it shows no dialogue or exemplifies your quirk in no way whatsoever. I don’t completely understand what your quirk is supposed to be? But alright.

You state you have no experience with Command, Medical, and little of req. This instantly puts me on the negative side. To be a Synth you must understand ALL aspects of the support roles.

I’m going to toss this the old -1
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please look at other apps and ask for help on discord next time. Fortelian gave you good feedback.

Denied
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.