User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: On Jailbreaks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mps would not have OOC protections if a FEW select people didn't use them super often in the past to lynch mps.

However, we have people, even staff who have a personal problem with mps and will use any non punishable way to grief them. Lifting that would cause MPs to become far more strict as we were in the past.

I'll personally explore the idea with some mps and staff because I DO think we should have less OOC restrictions but we also shouldn't be seeing MPs killed because some deltas decide to unga and free someone who they don't even know the charges of.

Ill be proposing a new mutiny system on gitlab tomorrow or Sunday and that should make a lot of things a lot easier, if it makes implementee (tldr, Mutineers and loyalists enter a command which appears on loyalist/Mutineers huds next to sprites and makes the other side valid unless they enter a surrender command or theyre dead. Mutiny isn't won until everyone is surrendered or dead and you can't re opt in after capture/surrender, which will incentise capturing people from other side)
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medi View Post
    What I want to try to understand (since I have never really felt the need to C4 the brig) why everyone wants to immediately jump to that as being THE solution that they feel is necessary?
    It's probably a pretty healthy combination of marines feeling like it's the only way that 'true justice' will get served, the fact that there are marines that intentionally antagonize MPs because that's what the cool blue kids do, and that there's plenty of players who wish CM13 was an active shooter sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Medi View Post
    Is this stemming from a distrust / unfamiliarity with the systems in place for getting this sorta stuff appealed?
    Most marines don't even know an appeal system exists and quite frankly, it's hilarious, but even so, the appeal system only works for you if you've been wrongfully convicted of a crime. From what I've seen when it comes to jailbreak shenanigans, most of the time the marine who gets brigged is truthfully guilty of the crime they're brigged for, but the issue lies more so with a feeling that their punishment was too harsh, which the appeal system does not cover.

Overall, the only truly valid jailbreaks are for prisoners who are in perma and have had their appeal denied. Even then their intents are dubious 3/4ths of the time. Any jailbreak for anyone else for anything else is honest to Allah attempts at forcing the situation to naturally escalate into a mutiny because either one or both parties decided to act like spazzes at some point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    It's simple, remove the MPs, we don't need an antag role in CM.
    I actually agree with this.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DekoToast View Post
    To be honest, I have never actually had a problem with the Military Police. Maybe I'm just lucky, but the easiest way to avoid arrest is to not commit any crimes.
    Oh, no A-grip in req, and squad req? What a bummer... But wait! What I see in Grape Req, lying on the floor! Its A-grip! Oh, I don't have access, but this fine MP sure does.
    Hey, MP, can you please open this door for me to get attachement that isn't in normal Req and my squad req? No...? Well, what a bummer. Oh, a grape marine, can you help me? You invite me inside? You opened the door and said "come in"? Allright, I'm comming... WHAT? Tresspasing? This PFC literally let me inside, no I didn't break the law, PFC let me in!

Bang, brigged.
    Did you know that PFC can't let any other PFC to area this PFC has access, but other doesn't? While MPs can technically not pay attention to that, its not illegal for them to not brig you and slap max charge for "blatant" break of ML. Ahelp? Frick you, its legal. Shitler MPs know where to poke to not get burned and they can always sniff crime where nobody in their right mind would see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    However, we have people, even staff who have a personal problem with mps and will use any non punishable way to grief them. Lifting that would cause MPs to become far more strict as we were in the past.

I see that alot too. One would have hoped those few staff memebers would have dropped their Unga anti mp stance, but havent seen alot of evidence of that. Its one of the reasons im on the just remove the MPs and let staff deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Did you know that PFC can't let any other PFC to area this PFC has access, but other doesn't? While MPs can technically not pay attention to that, its not illegal for them to not brig you and slap max charge for "blatant" break of ML. Ahelp? Frick you, its legal. Shitler MPs know where to poke to not get burned and they can always sniff crime where nobody in their right mind would see it.
    Yeaah, MPs no longer set the time, ARES does.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >The major reasons are typically soapboxing and metafriends with important roles being brigged

Can we talk about the MP discord for a moment as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    >The major reasons are typically soapboxing and metafriends with important roles being brigged

What discord? There is a discord?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post

A reason I said metafriends, they don't coordinate it through discord or teamspeak or whatever. They just organize it in game when a buddy gets brigged and they notice so they try to bail them out anyway possible.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Mps would not have OOC protections if a FEW select people didn't use them super often in the past to lynch mps.
    MPs had OOC shield as long as I can remember and that was the time when Queen could charge and Crusher could do mini-screech. You want to say that MPs were lynched as far as around 2-3 years ago? Hard to belive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heera-o View Post
    What discord? There is a discord?
    MP discord is mostly shitposting and asking for clarifications and rulings made by staff regarding ML. There's mostly just shitposting.

If you have any questions about it DM me on discord, Raddish Red#8120, as people are not supposed to talk about other discords on CM.
    Last edited by RaddishRed; 04-18-2020 at 12:39 AM.