User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: On Jailbreaks

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admins enforcing LRP rules MPs enforce will lead to baystation shitmins, hell we don't even have a standard for MRP for the admins to use or players to know so great shit that half the admins will ban hammer you for coughing too loud and other half will call spamming the gamer word 'HRP'

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    MPs had OOC shield as long as I can remember and that was the time when Queen could charge and Crusher could do mini-screech. You want to say that MPs were lynched as far as around 2-3 years ago? Hard to belive.
    You may find it hard to believe but it doesn't change the fact.

Well perhaps you were absent or on LOA. Its a very memorable time for old mp mains of the past. Remember marine law and MPs also went through stages of development when they were changed from the glorified honour guard during the sulaco days.

Broden Ackers and a zerg of deltas used to kill me and the others mps often when dragging a suspect (making us a huge target) and we actually bonded down the road and laughed about it.

I'm a huge fan of relaxing rules and making things IC, hell, I enjoyed the old jail breaks of the past. But that was ruined by a small minority because some people will jump at the chance to mutiny for any reason.

And that creates work for staff.

And if its happening everyone round and its a big shitstorm, it'll get made easier for staff because honestly I don't blame them for having to deal with a shitstorm every round when they just wanna put in a few hours at the end of a hard day.

This is the same reason MPs won't be removed because MPs maintain roleplay quality by IC punishment. Nobody wants to be getting notes for little silly shit we kinda all do from time to time.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More like half the server gets banned for being planetside without armor on at all times except when medevacing, or calling their SO a shithead, or breaking windows for Charlie's attatchies, or fist-fighting a Charlie who was offended by said act.
    That's the whole point of MPs and IC zero-tolerance marine law, to allow minor disruptions of standard gameplay for the sake of RP that reflects the licensed content that the server was based on from the beginning. This server would be a complete bore if everything stated in marine law was an OOC rule that resulted in timed bans. It would truly become a brief-shoot-turtle-evac-turtle pipeline on every standard marine loss round.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Oh, no A-grip in req, and squad req? What a bummer... But wait! What I see in Grape Req, lying on the floor! Its A-grip! Oh, I don't have access, but this fine MP sure does.
    Hey, MP, can you please open this door for me to get attachement that isn't in normal Req and my squad req? No...? Well, what a bummer. Oh, a grape marine, can you help me? You invite me inside? You opened the door and said "come in"? Allright, I'm comming... WHAT? Tresspasing? This PFC literally let me inside, no I didn't break the law, PFC let me in!

Bang, brigged.
    Did you know that PFC can't let any other PFC to area this PFC has access, but other doesn't? While MPs can technically not pay attention to that, its not illegal for them to not brig you and slap max charge for "blatant" break of ML. Ahelp? Frick you, its legal. Shitler MPs know where to poke to not get burned and they can always sniff crime where nobody in their right mind would see it.
    You make a good point, I was just stating that I myself, have never been brigged, seen anyone else brigged, or brigged someone else for "borrowing" equipment out of another squad's requisition. Again, perhaps I've just been exceedingly unlucky, but I can't help but feel that much of the hate for MPs is misplaced.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly, its plain to see that there are a number of different positions on the matter. I personally can't help but feel that there is always some kinda antagonistic distain for even good MPs/Sec/Law Enforcement in general due to them being the "authority". That aside, I also agree with Snooper that the majority of the server couldn't handle the ramifications that would come with us "getting rid of MPs."

Our current standard of MRP is hard to maintain due to a number of variables and the fact that we're not a typical "station" type setting where we have a bit more control about what's going on. We run the equivalent of "Nuke Ops" every single round but the only difference is that everyone is better armored and better equipped for a longer fight. That, in of itself, is chaotic and maintaining a high degree of RP at the same time would start catching a Lot of people who even think they're in the right. That's not even to mention that all of ML would have to be adopted into rules and we have to start warning/noting/banning people for even the most mild of infractions that start to tally up in rapid succession.

For that reason, I think that the MPs are absolutely required but do need amending. Personally, just as we have a SEA, I would recommend an admin only IC character who serves as a JAG officer / magistrate. Someone separated from command and pretty much everything else and is responsible for adjudication and proper charging. This can be someone admins can jump into and out of as needed between calls and such which makes it somewhat alright for admins who dont have to just sit in a box and wait for arrests.

At the same time, I also think the standards for base level MPs as well as the CMP need to be doubled. Playtime requirements in relevant fields at minimum should be extended. In turn, I believe that MPs should actually be BUFFED in their tools and abilities to handle situations. All the hatred towards MPs makes it an undesirable role as is, but as we stated earlier its necessary, so best to improve their standing.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait so...there's a discord all about MPs plotting to shit all over the marine player base, increase their skills at MP, and stand in solidarity with their fellow redtiders...

AND THEY DIDN'T INVITE ME? WHAT THE FUCK GUYS COME ON

Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    It's already been stated that the fax machine doesn't help, since that's just an IC ahelp. Ahelps against shitter MPs don't do much either, unless the MP is being particularly bad.

Yes, throwing eggs at the CO is stupid. That is a completely valid arrest. This isn't about MPs making valid arrests though, this is about MPs that intentionally antagonize and bait people into getting arrested. How often do you see MPs jump at the chance to arrest a brand new PVT who's just trying to figure shit out? It's quite common, I saw it happen at least two times in the last week, because a PVT was trying to figure out how to use a shotgun, and he didn't know there was a firing range on the ship.

I'm not calling for the removal of MPs, but MPs need to be held to a very high standard, given stuff to do besides sit at Delta req and try to bait people into getting arrested, or make it so they don't have complete and total OOC protection to ruin peoples rounds.
    i basically almost never arrest pvts, if this happens fucking namecall them, that's shit and ruining the newplayer experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If an MP seriously arrested someone for not wearing armor right after being revived they should be jobbanned. That's bullshit.

The dead guy's armor might not even be on the ship with him depending on what happened.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medi View Post

Our current standard of MRP is hard to maintain due to a number of variables and the fact that we're not a typical "station" type setting where we have a bit more control about what's going on...
    Please, stop. If you can't see LRP in cat laws and majority of events, then just stop.

I could only imagine how hard it is to maintain "MRP" when LRP laws are hardcoded into Marine Law, when nobody (yes, especially higher ups) takes CM world serious.
    CM doesn't run "equivalent" of Nuke Ops. Its way closer to Miners going into lavaland to fight fauna there and sometimes fauna comes to the station. If some shithead Sec would arrest people during Nuke Ops, he would be lynched no matter how good he would obey spess law, because what he actually does is decreasing chance of his side to win. Yet another reason why people don't like MPs. No matter if Jesus Christ was CMP with Dalai Lama, Ghandi and Mother Teresa as his MPs, they would be seens as the worst scum for arresting crew during emergency for minor shit.

I don't really see players as major/only obstacle to MRP. You can look at other servers, how HRP ones exist? Oh, I wonder. Miracle? Ancient Artifacts embeded into server room where they store their data? No, the answer is that Admemes treat those servers seriously. Damned Vore Station takes world presented in their server more seriously than CM world is taken.

The only real difference between "normal" servers and CM is that "normal" servers rounds aren't so god damn repetitive and stale. This is what pushes people into doing stupid stuff. This is why some throw eggs at CO, this is why some break windows, this is why some are generally disruptive (we of course have to exclude universal shitlers who would LRP and/or grieff on the best run server there could be).
    This and also stupid restictions. Imagine that CM world is one where Commander's cat has more rights than AI who is running entire fucking ship and is definatelly more self-aware both OOC and IC. The same world just happens to not have transhumanists who would like their fleshy limbs changed into kickass cybernetics, because its not what "sane" marine would want.
    See the contradiction? Cat rights bigger than practically self-aware AI running military ship, during operation against dangrous hostiles, on which said cat shits on the carpet? Fine MRP example. Marine wanting to become a cyborg? Disgusiting LRP. The same world where Sexual Assault doesn't exist and if commited is less severly punished than marine refusing to deploy? Oh, gods hate this kind of crime, they punish it, so there is no need to keep it as illegal.
    Try to keep MRP with those parameters in mind.

I swear to Kane, just as one of you guys get this funny yellow tab under nickname, you all change into blissful staff who always blames players and if someone also is blamed, players blame is definatelly bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    i basically almost never arrest pvts, if this happens fucking namecall them, that's shit and ruining the newplayer experience
    Rex Texas. Here, namecalled, nothing happens. As I said before, those like him know how and where to poke to not get burned.
    Last edited by CABAL; 04-18-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand why you would assume all staff blames players. Personally I put a lot of fault on the staff for the lack of RP or reasoning for players to engage in any sort of RP. During community streams it has been made clear that the staff wants nothing to do with lore and believe that is entirely to the playerbase. They see RP and lore being maintained by the community and that it is the job of the players to foster the RP making it difficult to even formulate an MRP environment.

Personally I think the best step in the right direction would be some sort of lore team. As of now zero players know anything beyond we are marines of america and the enemy are xenos invading company territory we were sent to protect. I believe a team should be established and we should branch off from ALIEN lore and develop our own hybrid lore with a mix of ALIEN and the rest being community-developed. It would give people the chance to let their imaginations run free without being limited to the ALIEN timeline. With it we can begin doing small events that actually are relevant to our timeline and develop actual storylines which people can add to their characters, making it fun for everyone rather that stagnant PVP.

I personally have established a CM lore discord for this reason, it has been a little inactive due to finals approaching along with the end of school but if anyone is ever interested to contributing then do not hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper44 View Post
    I don't understand why you would assume all staff blames players. Personally I put a lot of fault on the staff for the lack of RP or reasoning for players to engage in any sort of RP. During community streams it has been made clear that the staff wants nothing to do with lore and believe that is entirely to the playerbase. They see RP and lore being maintained by the community and that it is the job of the players to foster the RP making it difficult to even formulate an MRP environment.

Personally I think the best step in the right direction would be some sort of lore team. As of now zero players know anything beyond we are marines of america and the enemy are xenos invading company territory we were sent to protect. I believe a team should be established and we should branch off from ALIEN lore and develop our own hybrid lore with a mix of ALIEN and the rest being community-developed. It would give people the chance to let their imaginations run free without being limited to the ALIEN timeline. With it we can begin doing small events that actually are relevant to our timeline and develop actual storylines which people can add to their characters, making it fun for everyone rather that stagnant PVP.

I personally have established a CM lore discord for this reason, it has been a little inactive due to finals approaching along with the end of school but if anyone is ever interested to contributing then do not hesitate to shoot me a PM.
    A lore master role for the dev team and a RP maintainer for admin team would probably be a good idea as they can help standardize and work with people on what should be lore....

That or they'll do what they always done and just say read the aliens wiki for lore. Though having some RP standard hammered out for admins and players to follow wouldnt be the worst idea. It can work where players can finally guess how they should act to a degree. For example... Marines would act like those typically 80s movie marines; mixtures of tough guys, cowards, this that, but they all try to act cool and dick around, a laid back mil-RP. Aliens have low standards for their RP and mostly should be trying to use alien terms to describe marine stuff as honestly I think this encourages players to think as an alien rather as a player and can help encourage further RP but would be more a guideline rather then heavily enforced, while for actual RP just act like an alien and try not to be a dick to queen or QM as that is not what a hivemind does.