Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danke, Fortelian!
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My initial concerns were regarding the story and the CO shooting your hand off. Seeing your answer has made me re-assured that you atleast know Synthetic characteristics and lawsets to an appropriate standard.

I've seen you play some support roles before and I certainly do not doubt you'd excel in some departments that Synths need to be excellent at such as Command (you did just get CO after all). However, I have seen you play Medic and your performance as a Medic has created some personal concerns.

However, I believe that you would make a good Synth so I'd like to ask some questions just to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge in Medical (one of the most essential departments as a Synth).

1. What does a stasis bag do to its occupants? Name a few examples where you'd use a stasis bag.
    2. If a marine is heartbroken and you are expected to recover the marine as a Squad Medic, what do you do? (You do not need to comprehensively answer, just give a brief overview.)
    3. If a marine is hit by neurotoxin gas and you are able to recover the marine, how do you treat the marine?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post
    My initial concerns were regarding the story and the CO shooting your hand off. Seeing your answer has made me re-assured that you atleast know Synthetic characteristics and lawsets to an appropriate standard.

I've seen you play some support roles before and I certainly do not doubt you'd excel in some departments that Synths need to be excellent at such as Command (you did just get CO after all). However, I have seen you play Medic and your performance as a Medic has created some personal concerns.

However, I believe that you would make a good Synth so I'd like to ask some questions just to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge in Medical (one of the most essential departments as a Synth).

1. What does a stasis bag do to its occupants? Name a few examples where you'd use a stasis bag.
    2. If a marine is heartbroken and you are expected to recover the marine as a Squad Medic, what do you do? (You do not need to comprehensively answer, just give a brief overview.)
    3. If a marine is hit by neurotoxin gas and you are able to recover the marine, how do you treat the marine?

Firstly, I would like to say thank you for responding to my application and asking me these questions. I had quite some issues as a squad medic as I couldn't statis some marines a while back as my mouse had a TERRIBLE performance as I had to click it twice so it could respond. It has been fixed now.
    Now, regarding your questions:

The statis bag is used to halt critical health conditions that standard issued pill bottles or trauma/burn kits can not heal essentially. Statis bags can halt xenomorph larva growth, halt internal bleeding and blood loss and keep the patient alive until he is transferred to the nearest medical station in the operation for surgery. As an example, I would use a statis bag if a marine is: infected with a larva, heartbroken, with organ damage or on overdose.

If I saw a heartbroken marine near the frontlines, I would drag him to safety and put him in a medevac stretcher. I would communicate with the Medevac PO to pick him up once he is in the air. If Medevac is not available, I would attach him to a statis bag and to a roller bed and take him to the Transport dropship or to a field doctor with a surgery tray as soon as possible.

Marines hit directly by a neurotoxin gas or caught in one will get stunned and suffer from oxygen damage until he is taken out of the gas blob. I would give the marine a single dose of dexalin plus or dexalin and inaprovaline to stabilize him from critical. If he had some burn or brute damage, I would give him one dose of bicaridine and kelotane and treat him with trauma and burn kits. Neurotoxin gas doesn't damage synthetics, I would rescue a marine from the blob if I could and drag him to safety. As a squad medic, I would try to drag him once the gas drops or the gas is dropping.
    Last edited by Axyinious; 04-23-2020 at 11:44 PM.

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Kleiner View Post
    Firstly, I would like to say thank you for responding to my application and asking me these questions. I had quite some issues as a squad medic as I couldn't statis some marines a while back as my mouse had a TERRIBLE performance as I had to click it twice so it could respond. It has been fixed now.
    Now, regarding your questions:

The statis bag is used to halt critical health conditions that standard issued pill bottles or trauma/burn kits can not heal essentially. Statis bags can halt xenomorph larva growth, halt internal bleeding and blood loss and keep the patient alive until he is transferred to the nearest medical station in the operation for surgery. As an example, I would use a statis bag if a marine is: infected with a larva, heartbroken, with organ damage or on overdose.

If I saw a heartbroken marine near the frontlines, I would drag him to safety and put him in a medevac stretcher. I would communicate with the Medevac PO to pick him up once he is in the air. If Medevac is not available, I would attach him to a statis bag and to a roller bed and take him to the Transport dropship or to a field doctor with a surgery tray as soon as possible.

Marines hit directly by a neurotoxin gas or caught in one will get stunned and suffer from oxygen damage until he is taken out of the gas blob. I would give the marine a single dose of dexalin plus or dexalin and inaprovaline to stabilize him from critical. If he had some burn or brute damage, I would give him one dose of bicaridine and kelotane and treat him with trauma and burn kits. Neurotoxin gas doesn't damage synthetics, I would rescue a marine from the blob if I could and drag him to safety. As a squad medic, I would try to drag him once the gas drops or the gas is dropping.
    Faster than I expected; very good.

Your answers are ok but PLEASE REMEMBER that dead marines do not fit in stasis bags at all; you cannot fit a heartbroken marine inside a stasis bag so just use a rollerbed; when you are in transport with a heartbroken, providing CPR and early treatment can potentially save that marine from going braindead.

Additionally, stasis bags can also be used to halt metabolism of drugs which can be good for overdosed patients; this also halts any healing so do not use stasis bags for all crit marines. Though neurotoxin gas doesn't directly damage Synthetics, it can damage their hearing and induce a light stun + slowdown which can be very detrimental. Of course, given that you haven't played Synth, this would be unfair to judge you wrong against.

For your third answer, Dexalin+ should be sufficient for all situations because Neurotoxin Gas does a lot of Oxygen damage (unless the marine is dead, then just ignore Dex+).

Although some of your med knowledge is a bit rough, I'm sure with extra practice and learning you'll be able to improve during the processing of your application.

+1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I am grinding a lot of squad medic and doctor as I posted this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viktor, has been with me during alot of roleplay scenarios, and saved my behind plenty of times as a standard squad marine. Viktor's also giving me some teaching of CM come my first impressions of it, and has even helped me straighten my ways to better my career inside of CM. Giving this, and the time and dedication I KNOW. Vik put into the application, and reviewing it myself inside an unbiased standard, I'll proudly drop a +1 here, even if it doesn't mean anything in the long run.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danke, Jaio!

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hand blowing off thing is REALLY bad to me.

Can you write me a dialogue between your synthetic and an inexperienced doctor with too many patients?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    The hand blowing off thing is REALLY bad to me.

Can you write me a dialogue between your synthetic and an inexperienced doctor with too many patients?
    Apologies for the delay. It was quite late here when you replied so I had to hold back off a bit to rest and think about the dialogue.

While I do believe that I have....exaggerated with the hand blowing off part, My intentions were to add a bit of twist to the story so It wouldn't be my synthetic doing things and talking with the Captain. I wanted to add an interesting and surprising part in the story and a what if scenario. Technically, that would hardly happen in-game as a Captain has to adhere to server and whitelist rules that must not be broken. I am a Captain myself and blowing someone's hand off for no reason is not tolerated unless it is a life-threatening situation that requires the offender to be taken down until a Military Police unit is requested to the location immediately. However I just wanted to add a bit of twist to the story so It could be more interesting. I do know how a synthetic acts in-game in these situations that would be quite a bit different from the story. I would either query the reason and if a good one is not provided, I would either player report the Captain or ahelp and look for an active council member, councillor in-game or the manager to deal with the issue.

As requested by Jakk, here is the dialogue:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

It is quite a bit long. It has 2 pages, 774 words with 4601 characters.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about the hold up with this app, you cleared up my concerns.

+1, good luck hoss.
    Synthetic Senator