User Tag List

Thread: Jace Tilton - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jace Tilton - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Aiken Eld
    Character Name?
    Leale Gardner
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    -
    Total Ban Duration
    Unknown, seems to be perma?
    Remaining Duration
    See above.
    What other servers do you play on?
    Star Trek 13.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Not that I can remember at present.
    Reason for Ban
    "While playing as an engineer, one of her squadmates told her the FOB needed to be built inside the nexus and not the LZ. Proceeded to ragequit on the surface."
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Hey, hello. I was playing before Christmas (I think?) and decided to try my hand as a engi marine or whatever their proper title is. We were on FOB duty, barricades were put up in the Nexus proper 'cause I took the command barricade the Nexus a little too literally without giving it too much proper thought of where I usually see them and there was soon enough people yelling away at me. I was told to move them east or west or something and accidentally went the wrong way with the unanchored barricade, marine started flipping out calling me a retard etc. so I kinda just had a moment of, eh, this is too much stress from some all caps randomer online for a stupid mistake and said something to the effect of fuck off or fuck yourself and logged off to go get some dinner. Figured it was best to give it some distance before coming back to it in case I got irate about it and asked on the discord yesterday about where best to apologise for ruining it a bit as the squad's only engi at the time. Got told to appeal it so uh, yeah. I'm sorry.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst not a major issue, I checked your playtime since the job ban was issued, you played roughly 2 minutes after the ban in November, nothing in December and only 3 hours in January. Its not a big issue but its hard to gauge whether you've learnt from your lesson after only playing so little after the Job ban was placed. However for the time you did play you did receive a positive note about being a respectful player. You seem to admit what you did but out of curiosity if you feel you need to quit the round, what should you do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to be completely honest here, with exams I just finished this week it didn't make much sense to be sinking a whole lot of time into SS13 in general, especially with this whole issue present in my mind for a couple of weeks there. I won't lie, I can't off the top of my head recall the proper process but what makes sense to me given the lack of OOC during most if not all rounds, call it out over IC comms and get to a sleeper if possible but in a situation like that where I'm an important role and/or leaving due to conflict I believe the best course of action is to ahelp. If everything is fine and I'm given a go-ahead, take the IC steps unless I'm being ejected from my body for a ghost or some such.
    Last edited by Jace Tilton; 01-16-2019 at 07:41 PM. Reason: misspoke about weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since it's essentially a ban for logging off and you know what you should be doing about that now, I'd say this could be lifted.
    Just ahelp if you can't reach cryo before you log off a limited role.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I'd like to see a bit more playtime myself, you understand the proper process now, so +1.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would consider this the same as a SSD job ban, so I won't factor activity in this one.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mistake acknowledged and lesson learned. Keep your sodium levels in check.

Resolved - Engineer ban lifted