User Tag List

Thread: The Egg Morpher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Egg Morpher

No one uses it.

Queens order it constructed, then see what it does, and then proceeds to laugh and apologize for making us build such a useless thing.

Suggestion:

Allow us to feed xeno bodies to it for eggs. Xeno corpses = xeno eggs suddenly make the egg morpher not such garbage, even though it is because Queen has to be ovi to even plant the egg...but it will be less garbage than currently.

Or make it a front line "mini ovi'd queen" thing that allows eggs & three nests to be planted around it, instead of an ovi'd queen and then it's suddenly not useless anymore.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make it use eggs at least

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want to know what stops scouts from c4ing the queen while ovi'd?

egg morphers, you can still feed prespawned bursted bodies into it

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The egg morpher is extremely useful if you build it near where a fight is going on, since it makes getting caps WAY easier. Just drag someone near the morpher and they get facehugged, ez.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Egg morpher is hella good, and the lifeline of a competent Carrier. I use it all the time for front line nesting. On good rounds ive managed to halt marine advances on entire flanks as Carrier, with one or two runners to assist me, netting more than 10 captures, which later snowballs into even more captures with the egg morpher.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only ever seen the egg morpher built in the middle of hives. No one wants to move bodies to a chokepoint where it should be built.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hate dragging bursted corpses, it's so slow and painful. Even though it was a big nerf to xenos I was overjoyed when roundstart bursted corpses could no longer be fed into the spawn pool, because as long as you could get a larva from them you HAD to do it.

But then you needed a builder to unnest them, they take ages to come if at all, not fun at all and I'd apply all that to the egg morpher but somehow worse.

I think it should use eggs and get a longer reload time, or a shorter range, or something like that to balance it. But then I also think huggers should be reworked ¯\_(-_-)_/¯

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god, did you guys look at the date? This is old and I can't close my old threads!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having seen egg morphers at their best I can confirm they are great.

It's all about placement. Hive egg morphers are almost useless and generally eat corpses that could be used elsewhere. In a recent round I built an egg morpher in LV medbay which promptly took down 4 marines before medbay got raided. An egg morpher on it's own one do shit because smart marines shoot it down but it's useful for taking out the army of buckshot marines who try to solo tier 1s.