Byond ID?
    Rezbit

CM Character?
    April 'Sky' Conagher

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    CST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20-30 hours

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I've had experience modding in other games such as TF2, Minecraft, CS:GO,

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    //showthrea...or-Application (Mod - Withdrew due to poor answers and ignorant behavior.)

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    No

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would PM the person in question why they shot the person at round start. If the person responds that it was an accident, I would look at logs to determine whether it really was. I would look for logs involving wielding, amount of times shots, what he said as well as the others. If it was truly an accident, I would warn them by telling them to be careful next time. If not, the situation was dealt with IC and place a note on them involving the shooting. If they already had multiple notes involving this, issue a 3 hour ban.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would try my best to converse with the player and see if the predator truly violated the code or not. It would ultimately have to be resolved in a player report since moderators have no authority of whitelist issues.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would try to get a mentor to help them since I'm not a very good teacher, however I will contact the player and teach him the basics such as the Intent and Hand system as well as preparing as a marine. I would also refer them to the wiki for more information and help.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I wouldn't be prone to rude remarks so it wouldn't affect me. However if they're arguing and requesting for an Admin, I would try to get the advice of a senior mod if they would be allowed to or not since it would require interrupting an admin during their free time or if they're playing in the game.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would first ask the marine in question whether if he is new to the game or not. If the player is new, I would advise him that names that are famous or well known in history, gaming, or movies cannot be used and I would teach them from there on. I would also try to change their name to one that they would want or in to a random name. If the player is not new based on playtime, I would check their notes to see if there were previous instances. Dictating on the amount of notes, a ban will be issued.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    So, this is an IC issue that MPs should handle in game since it's an SOP policy that people in the Almayer are required to wear the standard uniform with no weaponry. However, if too many players are uncomfortable with the MT running around with gear, I would try get someone with leadership or in a higher rank than the MT to handle it rather than getting pinging the MT in question.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors are not allowed to be hostile to the marines unless given an actual reason such as being shot at or of the same sort. I would advise the survivor that they are not allowed to be hostile against marines under any reason. I would also note the survivor incase this happens again. If they already had previous notes regarding this, I would issue a job ban.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would first ask the MP in question what he arrested the player for and why. I would also ask for the full testimony of the player that ahelped. If the MP's testimony contradicts the player's testimony or vice versa, I would check logs in order to verify the testimonies of each. If the MP was correct in putting the marine in to perma, I would tell the player in question that the perma was justified and why. If the MP was INCORRECT in putting the marine in perma, I would tell the MP to refer to marine law in the process of jailing marines and tell him to move the prisoner to its rightful jailcell with the time lowered for inconvenience. I would also note the MP incase he gets ahelped for the same reason.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    For the marines, I would try to HC Fax command a reason for trying to free the planet, for example that a price was put on it, or that another representative is rewarding the marines for the extermination of the xenos planetside.

For xenos, I would basically try to get them to fight to their last breath. I try to hype them up to kill as many marines they can before their eventual death, or if they were really good, do a comeback.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'm not sure if the same applies here in CM, but I can not be involved with situations involving my own spirit. I would have to contact, or in this case ahelp, another staff to see if they can deal with it.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would respond to the CLF member that since the marine and the CLF are against and hostile with each other, it would not count as EORG.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This is another case of the situation being an IC issue, and would tell the victim to try to contact an MP to handle it. If the situation escalates even further, I will begin to interfere and handle it.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    So before any form of punishment happens, I would look at the logs to see if the improper escalation occurred. Once I have verified the IE, I would advise the murderer of the improper escalation ruling, give them a heavy warning and issue a note. If they had the same notes, I would issue a ban.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would first say in MOOC that marines are not allowed to mutiny against command due to not ahelping and giving a valid reason to mutiny.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Unfortunately for the player, there's not much I can really do since there's no rule against minor racism IC. Enforcing would also bring down the enjoyment of the other 9 players, so it wouldn't be recommended at all.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would first see if I can heal everyone affected or get someone that can. I would then look for their ckey, add a note, and issue a ban and file for perma.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would PM the player asking why they immediately ran towards the frontline since that is considered a combat larva. If the player had notes for it previously, I would unfortunately have to issue a xeno ban. If they didn't, I would warn them heavily not to do it again and apply a note.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would inform the player that there are RP rules involving xenos and they can't spam memes and meme words. Insulting the Queen is IC and the Queen could banish the xeno for it. If it goes too far, I would intervene and give the player a note.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    This isn't that big of an issue since expected contact has been a thing. Unless they keep spamming, then it would be LRP and handled.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Even though expected contact is a now a ruling, this only allows marines to understand xenos and their structures. The marines don't have much information regarding the planet, however aliens isn't a big issue since the wording of it is technically correct. If the staff player said Xenos, then I would ping the staff player that marines still don't know what's going on in the colony.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    So this issue depends a lot of the situation at hand. If the xenos were extremely close and it was the last pod, the unfortunately for the victim, it would be ruled as RP, however I would tell the killer that it would be preferred to not do that again since it can cause a lot of trouble later on. Now if the pods barely opened and there were no enemies around with a lot of pods open, then I would warn the player heavily and place a note.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Depends in where theyre ranting. If it was LOOC, I would tell them to knock it off since it could be annoying other players. If it was deadchat, I wouldn't intervene unless it got out of hand, which I would then warn them and give them a note.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Unfortunately for the player, I cannot grant another person a heal due to them being SSD since it would be unfair for the xenos and they aren't the only one that it happens to.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would try to converse with the other staff member and try to correct the enforcement of the rule as well as give information based on the rule. If we're not able to reach a resolution, I would try to contact a Senior or Mod Manager to help out.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Every rule is based on the moderator's own interpretation of the rule, so this is really dependent on the situation. Overall, I would not join in the discussion and would instead try to contact a Senior or Mod Manager to try and resolve this conflict if it gets out of hand.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I initially wanted to become a moderator because it's almost my instinct to help other people learn and enjoy the game while also enforcing the rules on those that break and ruin the game. After moderating in multiple games, it's only natural that I wanted to be one after playing for so long and enjoy playing the game.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    The most important quality for a moderator is fairness and patience. A moderators main goal is to help players learn and enjoy the game, while also protecting the game and enforcing rules with patience, fairness, and respect.

Anything else you
    Even though I have had multiple experiences being a moderator for multiple games, I feel there's always room for improvements and perfection, especially with a game that is complex like this. I will happily accept any form of criticism and correct it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are an active player, have no recent notes and the answers while not too great are acceptable. Everything can be fixed during trial.

+1

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there, thank you for applying.

I will go over your answers first, then give you my general feedback on the app:

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Avoid doing this, especially if you are not a whitelisted predator yourself. Staff members, just like regular non-whitelisted players, are not trusted to make informed decisions regarding whitelist issues. If there is a council member online (DommyGaming is a moderator and a member of the predator council, for example), contact them about the issue and have them look into it. If there is none, tell the player to make a player report. Feel free to offer the ahelping player to PM them the predator's ckey, so they can fill out the report form in more detail and possibly speed up the subsequent investigation.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    That's fair and ok. Every little bit helps, even very basic things like that. The main thing that needs to be done is instruct the player that he should mentorhelp (and how to do it) to help him learn the game. If there happens to be a SEA currently on, feel free to PM them about the player as well.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    People doing these kind of things get banned, because being rude and aggressive to staff is not tolerated. When something like this happens you should warn them to remain calm and respectful and explain that you are handling their issue and not anyone else. If they persist, ban.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    No need to PM the MT, period. It's not our concern in the slightest.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Can you expand on this answer please? Are survivors allowed to attack back if attacked or they shouldn't act hostile at all, ever? Also, how would you know if someone had commited a rulebreak before if it hadn't been noted?

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Oh no worries, this applies here ABSOLUTELY. Don't solve issues you are involved in yourself on your own, just ahelp it. There were, and will be, instances where a mod resolves an issue they were involved in themselves, or even worse initiated the whole thing themselves and it always ends up ugly for the mod in question.

This is another case of the situation being an IC issue, and would tell the victim to try to contact an MP to handle it. If the situation escalates even further, I will begin to interfere and handle it.
    Absolutely not. This would constitute roundstart shenanigans, which is a breach of our rule against griefing. The correct course of action here is to asleep, interrogate the offender, then note/punish him accordingly, following ban escalation protocol.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    It's not a roleplay issue in the slightest, because it's allowed per roleplay standards. You need to explain to the ahelping player that this is not an issue.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    So. As you might have ascertained by this point, while you have made some very good and above-average answers, there are many more which are pretty bad. However you're a good player who follows the rules and doesn't cause trouble, plus your attitude has improved a lot and you're pleasant to interact with now, you used to be pretty salty and toxic sometimes.

I would like to go on a limb and make an exception just for these things I've mentioned, I really would. But there's far too many bad answers here that I simply can't overlook. Read and review the app answers on the accepted moderator applications - hell, ask an existing staff member for help or clarification for all I care. But unfortunately this app is simply not good enough, with some answers being outright wrong as I've already described.

Best of luck next time.

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello thank you for applying. I have some clarifications on some of your answers

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    It is IC issue if it does not affect the whole game entirely or if the thefts are only to one person and as long as the thing stolen isnt valuable (spec gear, sentry, etc).
    If a player ahelped about getting mugged ask them if that person stole from them in the previous rounds. If so escalate since thats metagrudging. Make sure to read if two people are just doing banters to each other and check the logs for authenticity because they might have an IC reason for the theft. (Stripping dead revivable people without medhuds etc.) Determine if its just a squad thing too. Deltas pushing or punching each other or stealing boots from each other as friendly banter.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would first say in MOOC that marines are not allowed to mutiny against command due to not ahelping and giving a valid reason to mutiny.
    If the marines already stormed the CIC. Use sleep on the mutineers or everyone involved. Then MOOC that there was no mutiny ahelped. We can deny mutinies if its for a dumb reason or if its early round. Either way your answer here is fine.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Unfortunately for the player, there's not much I can really do since there's no rule against minor racism IC. Enforcing would also bring down the enjoyment of the other 9 players, so it wouldn't be recommended at all.
    Correct. As long as its only one person getting offended by minor IC stuff the persons doing it should be let go.
    But escalate if a lot of people are complaining about it. Tell everyone to tone down.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would first see if I can heal everyone affected or get someone that can. I would then look for their ckey, add a note, and issue a ban and file for perma.
    Shooting people for no reason is an OOC issue. Aheal everyone affected if possible. Your answer is correct however sometimes depending on the situation(if there are server raids griefing etc.) thats when we only do a perma instantly. If they log off before you can PM them Escalate their ban to 1D instead of 3 hours for griefing.

This isn't that big of an issue since expected contact has been a thing. Unless they keep spamming, then it would be LRP and handled.
    Incorrect. Xenos are allowed to use those terms even before the new RP style. LZ1, Dropship, etc.

Xeno RP guideline
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Thats all. And also if there you have a problem with another moderator, admin, manager. You go to their respective managers to voice your complaint.

You have my +1.
    Every skill is learned through practice. I dont see why we shouldn't give someone a trial even if they got one or some answer wrong. Thats why trials exist.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50Rem and Sakuyoi here have gone over yer app and while there is a lot of mistakes throughout your answers I do believe our training team can fix these issues.

I will support this app, +1, and I hope to see you on our staff team!

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda am siding with 50 on this one, but I think you can have a chance to work out the bad before we just throw this application away personally. The answers are rather lackluster, but that can be improved during the trial period.
    Synthetic Whitelist - Brian Predator Whitelist - Baln'frim Arvhek
    Trial Moderator: 3/29/2020 - 4/4/2020 || Moderator: 4/4/2020 - 7/16/2020 || Moderator: 2/12/2021 - 5/27/21 || Discord Staffmember: 2/28/21 - 5/27/21
    Logs filed for reports: 5

Discord: rin#0142
    Moderation Staff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like has been pointed out some of ya answers are really good while others not so much but for me there is enough good in there for me to give a +1 for ya

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thank everyone for the criticism for the app and the answers. I guess I should clarify on for some of the criticisms.

Can you expand on this answer please? Are survivors allowed to attack back if attacked or they shouldn't act hostile at all, ever? Also, how would you know if someone had commited a rulebreak before if it hadn't been noted?
    So, while survivors are not allowed to be hostile to the marines right from the get go, that does not mean that a survivor cannot retaliate in their own way. Another way to expand it is with an example. Should a survivor hold out in a room only for a marine to shoot them with no clear reason, they're allowed to retaliate back. That does not mean that it's a get out of jail free card, this is also very situational and would by preferred to be ahelped. Another way to check to see if someone committed a rule is to speak with other staff members if the survivor in question has broken any rules in that past.

It's not a roleplay issue in the slightest, because it's allowed per roleplay standards. You need to explain to the ahelping player that this is not an issue.
    So this is based on personal experience because I have previously referred to the DS as Dropship as a xeno, but I have gotten PM'd by moderators saying that I wasn't supposed to call it a dropship but rather *metal bird*. RP is a finicky subject due to the problems revolving it. I'll rethink of the way RP is considered for xenos with this new information.

If the marines already stormed the CIC. Use sleep on the mutineers or everyone involved. Then MOOC that there was no mutiny ahelped. We can deny mutinies if its for a dumb reason or if its early round. Either way your answer here is fine.
    I didn't even know that moderators had access to sleep and healing and thought it was only accessible by mods. I will keep this in mind in the future.

Thank you very much for criticizing my answers since it helped me understand the rules and moderation. If you have any criticisms please mention them. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone's pretty much gone over it already. Answers aren't stellar but we all got to start somewhere, nothing indicating a glaring behavior issue that can't be resolved easily with a trial.

+1

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. I'm very satisfied with your reply. And I think I've went too hard on you. But that's just me being me.

Once again you've shown that you have a great attitude for a moderator so I see no issue in changing my vote to a +1 because despite all the glaring errors I'm confident enough that you will be more than willing to learn and become a really great mod. Or burn out trying.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!