Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Player Tokens

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Player Tokens

Thought of a neat system: GPTs, which can be awarded by admins or higher for good behavior, interesting roleplay, making new tactics, helping new players, anything in that vein. I'm thinking people should be limited to earning one GPT per day, but making sure admins give them liberally to encourage good behavior.

What you could spend these on should be a guaranteed evolution to a certain xeno tier (you'd still need to evolve into it normally) or getting any non whitelisted role as marine. These would be spent before the round starts in a seperate menu, and if somehow it's not able to be used (five people using tokens on spec role) then refund them. Maybe also let people spend them on custom names as xeno, or preferred squad when spending a token on a specific job.

Lemme know what you think, i think it's a good idea.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something like that was proposed long ago in form of "positive notes". Council of Beetroot is against because... I even forgot the reasoning and I'm too lazy to check it out on the old forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The execution of this would always be flawed, because name recognition means a lot in this game. One of the biggest worries about implementing xeno names was that the xenos would use it to meta promote the more skilled players to higher tiers. There's no way that the admins can watch everyone, and the people that will tend to be watched are the big names. I'm not saying that 100% of the tokens would go exclusively to a small subset of players, but I think that a large majority of them would.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To be fair, i don't think we should reward good behavior. Players should have a good behavior by default.

However, i agree in rewarding playing where those tokens could be used to have a "priority" over normal players. And i would raise that from one per day to one per 2 weeks maximum.

It would ensure that a player wouldn't become a metabuddy from staff and maintain the impartiality.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As awesome as an idea that this is... Bias. BIAS. Bias exists. Does the CL who raises the mega-space-carp get a token for gawking at the giant fish? What about the marine on the ground who is talking about how he just got his 6 month AA chip, as he ignites his cigarette with the pilot light from his incinerator unit? I recommended a PVT for a medal yesterday because they rushed into a hive, dodging acid and friendly fire (literal fire, there were two mini pyros there besides me) all to reach me and drag my ass to safety. The medal never got awarded, even after the CO acknowledged the request. It was probably because he was busy, they were a lead from the front type, but what matters is that even if they weren’t busy, there’s no guarantee that it would have happened. Admins and mods are busy, either playing, or watching out for that one guy who sets off 180u of Octagen in the DS. Making it a player vote wouldn’t work because it would devolve into popularity contests. Believe me, I want some sort of benefit for doing RP and being a helpful player. But because an unbiased system is nigh impossible to implement, we’ll all just have to live with the satisfaction that comes with role playing well.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hard enough to get spec and sg rolls, dont need some muh rp guy getting priority over me because a staff member likes him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can i submit my GPTs for tendies?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn´t this just mean you´re punishing those that rarely play? They won't have a lot of chances to demonstrate that they're good meaning they will probably lose out often, or always, to those that do and then use their token on a spec or sg roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5688 View Post
    Wouldn´t this just mean you´re punishing those that rarely play? They won't have a lot of chances to demonstrate that they're good meaning they will probably lose out often, or always, to those that do and then use their token on a spec or sg roll.
    They're not suggesting that these points be handed out for those that are just good at the game or can get the highest kill count. You don't have to be a particular role to do anything they've suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter
    good behavior, interesting roleplay, making new tactics, helping new players, anything in that vein.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is really needed are those "Positive Notes" for admeme eyes only. Just like normal "Negative Notes". And not for marine role priority.
    Too many times admemes picked up some random baldo for event that required a bit of RP and said random baldo just shits on everything and goes guns blazing. Countless examples of WY PMCs going to just talk with CO, but end up killing entire CIC and MPs, because one of PMC fucks started blasting.

Positive notes to players for RPing should be a thing. And don't tell me this would promote elitism, or metabuddying, because already famous guys get certain event roles as admemes atleast know they can RP, so it would be only formalising such process.

Be Ebent Admeme and tell me you wouldn't benefit from pool of "Positive Notes" where you could decide to pick someone for RP role, outside of those players you know very well from furscord.