User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Player Tokens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a nice system and all but would probably lead to some serious ass kissing to staff members so ya can get a magic token to roll spec.

Cabal's idea is quite good as it would actually probably boost RP on this server

Moderator & Synthetic Senator liltiptop's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rolling spec or sg shouldn't have some modifier, if you get it you get it.

I also agree with Cabal's idea of positive notes for events, currently most notes are just "shit this guy did wrong" that's only used for banning.
    Nick 'Shards' Weller - Delta Marine
    Miles - Synth
    - SYNTH COUNCIL MAFIA GANG -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheeks View Post
    Sounds like a nice system and all but would probably lead to some serious ass kissing to staff members so ya can get a magic token to roll spec.

Cabal's idea is quite good as it would actually probably boost RP on this server
    Positive notes would be nice also for if someone accidentally does something bad. An admin can look at good notes and go “yeah, this guy prolly didn’t mean it, he’s got lots of good notes & whatnot.” And it would do a great deal to reduce the number of events that devolve into random guy goes gun crazy (I don’t think you’ll ever*completely* remove that).

With tokens though, you’d get people begging for them and then getting angry and writing staff abuse reports because they didn’t get one, and “obviously” they deserved one. That’s a headache I’m sure the staff doesn’t deserve could do without.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    making new tactics
    Please, there are already enough people in the CIC making awful moves and now you want to propose a change that makes it a feature that sometimes the CIC makes squads suicide for nothing but getting the officer in charge a nice medal if it pays off?

Also, as for the original idea, being remembered is in large part a factor of how much you play. Even if you are the most amazing player ever, if you rarely join CM, or if you are new you will have a hard time getting these tokens. If this locks you out of certain roles, it'll just alienate you and create more division between the old guard and newer players, because the old guard could just keep hogging those roles.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only if they are specifically called Good Boy Points and you can cash them in to have every MRE be replaced solely with chicken tendies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Only if they are specifically called Good Boy Points and you can cash them in to have every MRE be replaced solely with chicken tendies.
    Hah. Good Boy Points to spend ingame on chicken tendies MRE, mountain dew and 20 minutes on the playstation in Officer rec room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Limited edition xenobites MREs & headbands & caps that protect like the m10 helmet so that you don’t need to look like everyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    Limited edition xenobites MREs & headbands & caps that protect like the m10 helmet so that you don’t need to look like everyone else.
    I don't take the helmet because it protects, I take the helmet because it gives me a non-zero chance of becoming aSL. Cameras yo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvrem View Post
    I don't take the helmet because it protects, I take the helmet because it gives me a non-zero chance of becoming aSL. Cameras yo.
    Oh, headband camera as well then. Essentially just stuff to let you customize without impairing your character’s functionality. So many people do it anyways, may as well not penalize them for trying to make the character their own. It helps with the RP, prolly.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neth and I had a discussion about this with the manager boys about cross round karma. If you were a shithead say to MPs in one round and you got dinged the next round you would be punished by less points you could use for your vendor.

I tell you what, someone gitlab this and write it up really good. Neth really did entertain the idea, but other mangers were like nah favoritism.

We do positive notes, but its for really only doing GOOD stuff to help staff out, not just "Captain XXXX was a really good roleplayer this round" more like "Player X helped staff catch a multikeyer"
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids