User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Player Tokens

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate people who ahelp constantly about non-issues or IC stuff constantly, and I hate it even more when it becomes painfully obvious that they are brownosing and just want to chit chat. Worst case was when a player ahelped about their boots getting stolen, I said, IC issue, then they decided to talk about the weather in NYC. Shortly after, they ahelped about getting pushed over and started asking if synth is fun to play.

Dont encourage this pls, makes my brain Hurt Hurt
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    I hate people who ahelp constantly about non-issues or IC stuff constantly, and I hate it even more when it becomes painfully obvious that they are brownosing and just want to chit chat. Worst case was when a player ahelped about their boots getting stolen, I said, IC issue, then they decided to talk about the weather in NYC. Shortly after, they ahelped about getting pushed over and started asking if synth is fun to play.

"hey man what's your discord wanna ERP sometime?" - PFC Bro W.N. Nosington

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    But how else are we gonna get our Good Dog Boy / Brown Nose Brownie Points?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super hard thing to implement as well known names are much more likely to get tokens.
    Furthermore, notes aren't always bad and sometimes simple reminders or inclines to someones behavior. Tying any system to notes is difficult as then the staff team needs to be super careful as to what they write down in someones notes.

I use to give donor items to players who reported game breaking issues.
    eg; There was a bug that you could crash the entire server for I asked someone to show me how to do it and I gave them a permanent round start yellow cap. Likewise I'd give out a red cap for combat oriented bugs... eg; someone showed me how to insta kill anything with a bullet bug so I gave them a permanent starting red cap.

I'd argue that if you report game-breaking bugs the current staff team could implement a small system like this.. it's super easy to do.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    I use to give donor items to players who reported game breaking issues.
    eg; There was a bug that you could crash the entire server for I asked someone to show me how to do it and I gave them a permanent round start yellow cap. Likewise I'd give out a red cap for combat oriented bugs... eg; someone showed me how to insta kill anything with a bullet bug so I gave them a permanent starting red cap.

I suggested a Roleplayer of the month award that would be voted on by everyone and then chosen based on if it was valid or just metavoting. Neth and other devs loved the idea of someone getting a custom hat and OOC color for the month. Emeraldblood shot it down

The only reason we dont really do positive notes or this stuff is because of a situation like this

Mod: Hey you broke a rule, and you have a previous note, I gotta 3 hour ban you
    Player: NO WAIT I HAD THREE GOOD NOTES PLS DONT BAN

I am in favor of a IC karma system that could carry over every round once the DB system is working like a service/personnel file. Get a medal, get an epic kill streak, get good karma. Get jailed by MPs, Get Demoted, get bad karma.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling that going the way of cosmetic upgrades and custom/special clothing, etc. is ultimately not that great for RP overall. A marine putting on a red bandana is one thing. A Good Boy (TM) Marine dressed in unique looking armor might be pushing it.

People should want to be good players and have their name be recognized, so that when they enter a room, people who know them will think "Hey, it's that guy, I like him.", that's ultimately why 99% of us only use one name.

Why not use an existing system already in place - medals?

There's The Medal of Distinguished Conduct, that can be applied to a numerous amount of situations, as long as it's not overdone. You certainly can't award a medal every time a marine says please and thank you at the RO line, but you CAN award it to a player that's been on guard duty nonstop for 2 hours, passing the time by roleplaying.

Alternatively, you can always add a new medal type.

And in case this is a little bit too OOC, you can always take the medal system template, literally title it Good Boy Notes. Have it work exactly like medals - appears only in your statistics screen - and have it be awarded by Admins/Mods only. When you're a player and you stick for the whole round and you play well with others, ending the round and checking your statistics screen to see "Good Boy Notes: +1" and a brief description of what was it that you've done that an Admin liked, is much more rewarding, because at that point, you know that someone was watching you and they enjoyed it, and you weren't just dicking around for your own amusement.

Ultimately, it still all boils down to people wanting to be good players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I suggested a Roleplayer of the month award that would be voted on by everyone and then chosen based on if it was valid or just metavoting. Neth and other devs loved the idea of someone getting a custom hat and OOC color for the month. Emeraldblood shot it down

The only reason we dont really do positive notes or this stuff is because of a situation like this

Mod: Hey you broke a rule, and you have a previous note, I gotta 3 hour ban you
    Player: NO WAIT I HAD THREE GOOD NOTES PLS DONT BAN

I am in favor of a IC karma system that could carry over every round once the DB system is working like a service/personnel file. Get a medal, get an epic kill streak, get good karma. Get jailed by MPs, Get Demoted, get bad karma.
    Any kind of voting will always go to the most popular player by name only.
    You're also completely sinking Xenos on this end as well as they have no recognition.

However, is it really that bad for the community to reward the most popular player? Not really.

Ya, don't ever do positive notes.. you're just asking for a huge headache.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roleplayer of the month is too rare and favours guys in power. Good luck doing "best" RP as PFC, or SG, or Spec, or anything that isn't CO, Synth, or Pred.

Positive notes. Visible only to admeme and higher eyes only (not even mods can see them). Given only for good RP, having 0 impact on OOC rules behaviour. Thats it. As simple as that, as accessible as that. Any PFC can RP good, not any PFC can be the best RPer of the month.
    And no retarded snowflake gear for it either.

Guess what... Benos in this case can also be rewarded. For RPing with survsynth, for RPing with colonists, for acting like a fucking Alien would, for RPing with researchers in contaiment etc. Everyone gets a piece of cake, no special systems to give someone some fame and gear.

The best way for admemes to give them out would be for them to play some special Ebent role and then seeing how good people try to RP with it.
    Last edited by CABAL; 04-22-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Roleplayer of the month is too rare and favours guys in power. Good luck doing "best" RP as PFC, or SG, or Spec, or anything that isn't CO, Synth, or Pred.

Positive notes. Visible only to admeme and higher eyes only (not even mods can see them). Given only for good RP, having 0 impact on OOC rules behaviour. Thats it. As simple as that, as accessible as that. Any PFC can RP good, not any PFC can be the best RPer of the month.
    And no retarded snowflake gear for it either.

Guess what... Benos in this case can also be rewarded. For RPing with survsynth, for RPing with colonists, for acting like a fucking Alien would, for RPing with researchers in contaiment etc. Everyone gets a piece of cake, no special systems to give someone some fame and gear.

The best way for admemes to give them out would be for them to play some special Ebent role and then seeing how good people try to RP with it.
    You don't really want to reward the playerbase based on subjective opinions of individual staff members.
    Especially on a volunteer game where all the staff also play the game.

The reason bad notes work is due to; Player does evident bad thing = Bad note
    The correlation is that there is evidence in logs or screenshots that say the player did something bad and the bad note can be supported by that.

A staff member writing good notes on someone is hard to back up with evidence since it's primarily the opinion of an individual staff member.
    Favortism and friendships are too strongly connected between staff and the playerbase so you cannot put rewarding behavior notes or items in.