User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Good Player Tokens

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karma unlocks hats. We become hat simulator. Usurp tf2 when?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvrem View Post
    I will point out, some RP is both roleplay and LRP, which means it can still have roleplay depth. Greg Lauffer's speeches are often a great example and so are those CLs that keep making faxes that make deadchat giggle, because a lot of their best moments are them making meta-jokes or pitching their movie-script or whatever else and it is engaging, but not really serious.

Is a CL writing a fax to ask for a pizza with extra garlic mayo with a P.S. of 'also send deathsquad' deserving of a good player token, if it is amusing enough?
    And here is where we fall into arguments about “what constitutes MRP vs LRP.” I fully believe that if you play a caricature, like full blown stereotypical something, you fall into either H or M levels of RP. Whether it’s H or M is dependent entirely on the server. Anyone who’s seen me play CL knows that I ham the role up. My faxes are usually along the lines of:

Hello Corporate overlords,

We have parked the Almayer in high orbit around LV-624. You will have to remind me, as I rarely pay attention at those quarterly sector reviews, is this the planet where we are using hydroponics to grow the newest taste sensation, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Meat (TM), or is it the one where we research macrofauna grade biological weapons? I get those two confused sometimes.

Warmest regards,

Nicholas D. Roberts, Company Liason
    So, on VG or TG, that might be considered HRP, since the standard SS13 universe is cartoonishly over the top. On CM, I’d argue that that falls into the range of MRP. You’re taking the Robocop approach, a serious (mostly) storyline surrounded by absurdity “I’D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!” This was a style used to much excess in the 80’s. Depicting corporations as cartoonish supervillains, and representing consumerism as profoundly absurd, are commonly recurring themes throughout most sci-fi of the era.

The Aliens universe is... less over the top (the original 3 at least). So I’d argue that the CL letter I showed here is MRP. It doesn’t reject the universe and substitute its own. It doesn’t crap all over the OP, since ultimately, the CL has no power. Plus, if a staff does not wish to make LV the land of meat substitute, they can just send a fax with The reply “the second one.” Someone who is LRPing CL wouldn’t bother to fax, much less try to talk to any command staff, or any of the science staff. They’d arm up as soon as possible, and sneak onto a drop ship to start busting up xenos (though more likely they wouldn’t roll CL in the first place).

So I’d say that what you said about the zany CL faxes falls into MRP because it’s still engaging the universe, even if it’s in a universe-self-reflective-meta sort of way.

So, examples, I guess.

“[Insert Greg Lauffer speech here]” - HRP
    “I sure hope we don’t wind up fighting giant bugs today.” - MRP
    “End brief already so we can kill beanos!” *Frag out* -LRP

When I say depth... all I mean is a level of engagement that goes beyond: run, shoot, & yell at people not as good as you think you are.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    This is such an offensively bad idea that I do not even know what to say.
    You are an offensively bad idea

Gottem
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    You are an offensively bad idea

Gottem
    "Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of the admins giving notes, Let other people comment on each other's behaviors,
    Its something like a rating system for how good someone's RP and how fun it is to play with them,
    People will be able to see each other's rating but they cant see thier own rating

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Positive notes used to be a thing. I used to hand them out on a rare moon.

Unfortunately, it would likely just encourage favoritism on a wider scale.

I wouldn't be terribly against having playtime being rewarded however.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Buff xenos so they are not sheets of paper to poke through and aim for a 70% xeno winrate. Why? Xenos used to be terrifying. People had to work as a team. Working as a team encouraged people to interact. Interacting made people talk in OOC with eachother.

Is this all boomer nostalgia goggle talk? No, change is good, but we have lost a core part of CM along the way, and good boy points are gonna make things worse.

Yeah, rimmytide and ssethtide made things shift. As with all surges in SS13, the tiders are usually not the type of people that appeal to SS13, like people who like Traditional Games or Face Punching people or having big Goon Squads, but are more of the mainstream audience. But as always, they will either 1. Assimilate, become on of us - 2. Not assimilate and leave - 3. Not assimilate and stay, fucking up the balance of SS13.

TLDR: old CM was factually better on the grand scheme of things, focus on QoL that doesnt strain the game and make shit more of a challenge.

This^^^^^^^^^

For the love of god please stop aiming for that TF2 balance where both teams have a 50/50 chance of winning. This is not startship troopers, this is supposed to be colonial marines. Xenomorphs should be terrifying, a real challenge to overcome by working together IC with other people, not just a mild obstacle you can easily swat aside if you just throw enough marines early enough into the round.

If you balance this like TF2, you're gonna get TF2 levels of memery and general fuckery and that in the long run will just devolve into more and more admin OOC involvement to keep people in check or from posting a copypasta in command announcement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i beleive Rp could be ''rewarded'' simply by saying their names at the end of rounds, similar to medals or fun fact, but it would be choosed by admins/dchat or something like that.
    ''good player token'' should NOT give you advantage or anything special in game.

exemple:
    this round ''xplayer'' as been rewarded with great rp honor for ''short description of the high rp''

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounded like the social credits system in some countries that totally do not exist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone wants this in until it's in-game and we get threads about how no one wanted this and it's rigged.