User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Good Player Tokens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to tell you guys storys about RP servers I used to be on for many many years before I started playing CM.

It too had a reward for rewarding players for good RP. Given it was a high RP focused place, but still, many mechanics and abilities were locked behind the ability to be 'noticed'. It didn't matter how much everyone else appreciated or felt about your RP, so long as a few members of the staff could pretend like they had no association with you, to boost you up. And every year or so there was a controversy about X being best friends with Y, and so on and so forth. Giving the occasional shutout for good RP is fine and dandy.

But here's the big problem. Not eveyone enjoys the same sort of RP. And what some call good, others call trash. You embitter the RPers who don't get the 'good graces' of the staff, who constantly promote X Y Z, but you're out there doing your best, and plenty of people out there who enjoy it. You start having to deal with accusations of favoritism, after seeing the same few names pop up over and over again. Events tailored around that person because they're oh so fabulous at RP. Meanwhile you're just a side character in someone's power fantasy, and doing anything against the flow will get you removed in one way or another.

You can argue with me and say it will never happen here. But I've witnessed it happen to 10s of servers of great roleplayers, every single time. Even without the reward system. The reward system just amplifies the problem.

Anyways menial rant aside. Just tell the person in LOOC or PM's or some shit that you enjoyed your time with them if you really want to reward good roleplay.

As for good behavior rewards, seems a bit dumb IMO. Unless the server's trying to actively change the playerbase to be far, far, far less salty (Guilty).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good points above

It’s just bragging rights and on a official scale it’s not a good idea for a lot of those reasons listed. Best keep it to a pm or after round chat or discord or looc instead.

Hell, if you really want to give a shoutout, you can do a HC announcement IC mentioning something along the lines of stuff like, “it was a pleasure working with you X/marines of the Almayer/Falling Falcon CIC/so on. Or just a OOC one