Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hughie - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Wotzizname

Player Name You Use Most?
    Hugh 'Alright' Jones

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    I do not have any bans nor' any applications.

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Yes I did.It was an EORG ban and it lasted 3 hours.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    The Battlefield Execution is to a tool which needs to be used in a last case scenario even during mutinies.It would only be necessary if they committed a high enough crime and even then disregard or resist their judgement.It differs that it can only be used and ordered by the Commanding Officer and that it is done right there and then as swiftly as possible.As to why it is needed incase regular executions aren't done quick enough or the CMP and/or the overal MP force doesn't want it or is just too unefficient.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Hugh runs his ship like his family.He loves each and everyone one of it's members and doesn't stick to overused things.He doesn't really like getting called "Sir" or "CO" from the CIC members unless during formal events such as visits from High Command but demands respect from anyone not from CIC.He forgives each and everyone of his men for being bad at their job and rather teach them the right way how to it.He would get called a pussy for that but he doesn't mind unless he is reprimanded by High Command.He is an optimistic person so he tries his best to cheer on and make Marines feel good for getting an inch of land unless of course they lost 7 good men,the Alpha Spec,2 medics and the tank in the process.By the way losses.He feels incredibly guilty for loosing men but understands that they must fall for the good of the other Marines.Buuut his tactics are a bit...different.Hugh is the definition of a "mad scientist" and by that I mean he makes his tactics as different as possible and against the meta.He also really likes experimenting,which he 70% of the time regrets cause his entire operation becomes a failure.Such "experiments" are using both LZs and flanking xenos by ordering a squad to attack later and flank enemies or building the Great Wall of China if we have too many engies.He handles insubordinations as a diplomat trying to find a common ground in anyway,he doesn't allow to be scammed though so if he finds a bargain too hard to manage he just either calls in the MPs,the Marines or he puts them down himself.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    To lead the Marines the victory while minimising friendly casualites and maximizing enemy casualites.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Nothing,I like him how he is.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I wake up pretty early so I can play on lowpop a bunch,along with giving Marines and interesting experience and breaking away from the Meta.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Hugh was never the kind of guy who leads with an Iron Will and his shouts could never make even a woman's dick stand up and salute...that is why everyone thought he would have no choice in leading anything.He even comes from a family of Commanding Officers.But he still tried anyways!Instead of trying to make himself look like a Dictator he tries to make himself look like a President.This often left him critisized by his rivals and even pulled over during a failed visit from a High-Commanding Officer.But due to his ability to experiment and be unpredictablity he became popular quickly climbing the ranks and even proving to quickly forge some level of gains from losses.He eventually became a Commanding Officer of the Falling Falcons!The same Corp. his brother fought in which inspired him to be good so he can make his Marines,Family,his brother and himself proud.

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let see...
    1. Never heard or seen you in CIC
    2. The grammar is bad, you had all the time in the world to format it no excuse.
    3. The BE answer is incorrect, Battlefield Execution is for special cases but the assumption of quote, "As to why it is needed incase regular executions aren't done quick enough or the CMP and/or the overal MP force doesn't want it or is just too unefficient." , assumes to say that BEs include cases where the MPs refuse the execute or are too slow to execute and this is wrong as you should be BEing people in MP custody as they are contained and not warranting a quick extrajudicial execution
    4. You don't seem to answer how you will deal with shipside operations totally in the question "How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship?...", you need to explain how you will deal with disrespectful, griefing, or bald crew mates which might divert your attention. And, they will trust me.
    5. Your story is just pure odd and needs to be re-looked. Recommend going to discord and asking in whitelist-app-help channel for proofreading on your story.

There is other issues but the above are enough to say -1

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally don't give a damn about the apps but this one does seem to be pretty bad.

I do recall you as a fine SO but not XO recently.

-1 since I can't post neutral anymore.

Once I view you in CIC I'll give a proper vote and please do feel free to DM me through discord so I can view you as XO.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your answers are either too broad or just straight-up incorrect, the grammar is borderline unreadable, and the lack of effort cannot be overstated.

-1, read accepted apps and get feedback before trying again.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a distinct lack of effort in this application.

It would only be necessary if they committed a high enough crime and even then disregard or resist their judgement.It differs that it can only be used and ordered by the Commanding Officer and that it is done right there and then as swiftly as possible.As to why it is needed incase regular executions aren't done quick enough or the CMP and/or the overal MP force doesn't want it or is just too unefficient.
    Partially correct when it comes to its extra-jurisdictional nature, however you have not provided any examples.

He forgives each and everyone of his men for being bad at their job
    So you're saying that EVERYONE's bad at their job?

He is an optimistic person so he tries his best to cheer on and make Marines feel good for getting an inch of land unless of course they lost 7 good men,the Alpha Spec,2 medics and the tank in the process
    He's optimistic so people just fall over and die because he's optimistic?

he doesn't allow to be scammed though so if he finds a bargain too hard to manage he just either calls in the MPs,the Marines or he puts them down himself.
    So if someone disagrees with you, you just BE them?

Your story is 1 paragraph. and makes no sense. If yoru CO can't command, why was he promoted to CO in the first palce? You say "likes experimenting,which he 70% of the time regrets cause his entire operation becomes a failure" Why would your character become a CO when most of their operations result in a failure?

Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll shuffle through the app and leave my two cents

BE Answer - It seems you missed the point of BEs in general, they are the premise to keep law and peace during extreme scenarios that threaten your life, others and the ship as a whole, you CANT BE a prisoner since they are in custody of the MP force, which would get your hands into murder, which would escalate into a sweet arrest and be laughed at.

If you need a more clearer picture of what BE is, check the wiki: https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Marine_Law_...ion_Privileges

How will your Commanding Officer - I dont find much wrong to it, besides it scratches the surface of what your CO will do with unruly personnel onboard, explaining that your CO likes to experiment is fine, but you derail the answer into how your CO employs his tactics, rather than giving out a more clearer image of what would you do in a insubordinate scenario.

Also, please avoid making too much Punctuation errors, it doesnt make your app look good with a barely readable chunk of words, to the contrary, it fends off people!

What do you think is the job of a Commander? - Its fine, though do keep in mind the enjoyment of the round overall is COs prominent job, they may have small privileges here and there but its with the purpose to make rounds feel 'unique' if I can say that out loud

Your story - The premise is not that bad, though grammar can be improved and more importantly, add a small eventful scenario with your CO interacting with whatever is thrown at him, it gives him a more palpable personality and makes them more believeable rather than a short description of them

Obviously I gotta hand out my -1 but this doesnt mean its the end, we're eager to see an improvement from you next time.
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, buddy. But I have never seen you in any roles before, mabye It's different timezones but your application has some major problems.

The BE answer, as Novacti said, you didn't provide any examples. You also can't BE someone in MP custody so the BE is not an alternative to a regular execution if the MPs do not do it quick enough or refuse it.
    The second one being the story. I didn't understand it and the grammar is not so well.

I recommend you ask for help regarding a CO Whitelist in #whitelist-app-help in the Discord before applying. Also, use google docs for your story if possible.
    I will have to -1 this. Grind XO and SO roles and read denied and accepted CO whitelists to get a general understanding.
    Last edited by Axyinious; 04-22-2020 at 01:47 AM.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The clear lack of effort here is very discouraging overall. Your lack of experience with the game, command roles in particular, reflects itself on this app as you playing an inflexible, and unprofessional Captain. I cannot in good faith support this. I recommend reading the accepted/denied apps to get a better idea of the quality/length which we expect. The CM Discord also has a channel dedicated to helping whitelist applicants craft a better app (#whitelist-app-help). So I will say that I have to agree with others on this one. I as well noticed a lot of red flags, starting with the BE procedure, past history.

Therefore, I believe you are unfit and unqualified to be a CO as it currently stands. Sorry not sorry.

Last edited by Enyonggg; 04-22-2020 at 02:16 AM.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can vaguely remember your name, but never in CIC, at least while I have been there. Also, there is no set length required for your answers, but try to do better than this as I get almost nothing out of what you wrote. For now its gonna have to be a -1
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not need to echo. -1
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!