Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Memesky - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Dusanking123

Player Name You Use Most?
    Connor Anderson

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...ja-Application - Predator - DENIED

//showthrea...hlight=Memesky - Moderator - ACCEPTED

//showthrea...hlight=Memesky - XO Job-Ban (SSD) - Accepted

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Nope.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    The Battlefield Execution should definitely only be last resort.

I see it being used when a crew member is trying to kill me or someone around me, otherwise it could be handled with MPs easily.

The BE mechanic is used to instantly kill someone without procedure, while a regular execution needs to be approved by the Captain or XO and CMP to perform an execution by firing squad or injection, which needs to be announced as well as the charges which are supposed to have permabrig as punishment as per Nanu ML.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Connor Anderson is more of a peacekeeper than an iron fist leader. He will always keep his cool and try to resolve any problems by talking, using the Military Police Force as a last resort. As for the Operation, he will be friendly towards marines. He is aware any other behavior angers them easily. He will keep an eye on what his troops want and try to deliver if he has resources to spare.

Requisitions: I would try to talk them out whatever is happening and explain to them how important their job is, if they still refuse I would threaten with MPs then replace the department to be run by my XO.

Engineering: Currently engineering only builds bombs, while that is quite useful it's not the most important job. I would explain to them that they should keep going as the grenades are doing a great work at the field.

MP: I don't see this happening as they have to listen to me as Number 1 in Marine Law, but if they were insubordinate I would instantly threaten with arrests as they are held to a higher standard in Marine Law.

Command: I would tell them to keep it together and that they are command for a reason, I would guide them to my best ability. If they keep being insubordinate I would have them brigged for Insubordination, as the CIC can easily be run by two or even one person.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of the Captain is to be a leader the marines can trust, but it is also to be a great opportunity to roleplay, as they are in charge of the ship.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I am not too creative, I'm gonna say more medals.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    While I do not think I will be a Captain that will get many victories, I believe I can make the round more fun in terms of roleplay, as well as perhaps turn the hostilities between marines and MPs into friendliness?

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't actually seen you in CIC or SL, only as MP.

PLEASE roll more CIC or SL while this app is up!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    I haven't actually seen you in CIC or SL, only as MP.

PLEASE roll more CIC or SL while this app is up!
    I didn't play CIC too much recently, that's true. I will play command roles while this app is up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went through your application thoroughly and even traced down your bans, appeals and note history from that appeal. And the reason behind why you are job banned before? Nevermind. No need to elaborate it here since voters will really look into it. Of course, I'm aware you are an old player, a moderator even that knows how to play and enforce in CM and as well as other servers for sure, but thats not really what we're looking for our COs.

As the one of CO who plays in the 15-18 hours a day (you can always look my time or hours in game to prove you and everyone that I'm not lying) I don't think I have ever saw you as Executive or even rolling SO or anything, in fact. Very likely your performance is low, or simply not showing on the game especially you had a jobbaned as XO because you were heavily stressed and cryo'ed? Not even reasonable.

I expect the lack of other COs and the council members' response is also having the similar reason to it, as they keep on asking about the timezone or to ask to each others if they saw you to see if they might have simply missed. Either way, I highly recommend to play more often and be a bit more familiar to the others. Because you may be a Moderator that enforce CM, but you are just a ghost to us to say the opinion about you.

-1. I hightly recommend on playing as Command roles more often, at least a month or two to see how much you improve from who you are before that has Job banned for shitty reason. Good luck and sorry.
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 04-22-2020 at 06:19 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You play plenty of MP but I haven't really seen you playing CIC stuff or even squad lead. Do a bunch of rounds as squad lead and a few as SO, my man.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    I went through your application thoroughly and even traced down your bans, appeals and note history from that appeal. And the reason behind why you are job banned before? Nevermind. No need to elaborate it here since voters will really look into it. Of course, I'm aware you are an old player, a moderator even that knows how to play and enforce in CM and as well as other servers for sure, but thats not really what we're looking for our COs.

As the one of CO who plays in the 15-18 hours a day (you can always look my time or hours in game to prove you and everyone that I'm not lying) I don't think I have ever saw you as Executive or even rolling SO or anything, in fact. Very likely your performance is low, or simply not showing on the game especially you had a jobbaned as XO because you were heavily stressed and cryo'ed? Not even reasonable.

I expect the lack of other COs and the council members' response is also having the similar reason to it, as they keep on asking about the timezone or to ask to each others if they saw you to see if they might have simply missed. Either way, I highly recommend to play more often and be a bit more familiar to the others. Because you may be a Moderator that enforce CM, but you are just a ghost to us to say the opinion about you.

-1. I hightly recommend on playing as Command roles more often, at least a month or two.
    Thanks for the reply, the jobban is really old and I don't think it should be a problem here.

As for the CIC playtime that is indeed low recently. I see you occasionaly and I mostly play MP or just observe.

I believe I can improve the CIC playtime while this app is up to an acceptable level.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    You play plenty of MP but I haven't really seen you playing CIC stuff or even squad lead. Do a bunch of rounds as squad lead and a few as SO, my man.
    I'll be playing CIC, but probably not SL as most people care more about CIC roles than SL.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have interacted with you a lot of times in-game, however I have never seen you before at Command roles. I generally play for 10 hours with minor break times however I have never seen you before as XO or SO.
    You're a good member of the community and a good moderator that enforces the rules in the server.
    I see no problem with the application. It's just that you are not well known at command roles. We need to know how you will do as a Captain in-game.
    Neutral votes are useless so I will be leaving a -1 until I see you more at XO and SO
    Last edited by Axyinious; 04-22-2020 at 03:04 AM.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Kleiner View Post
    I have interacted with you a lot of times in-game, however I have never seen you before at Command roles. I generally play for 10 hours with minor break times however I have never seen you before as XO or SO.
    You're a good member of the community and a good moderator that enforces the rules in the server.
    I see no problem with the application. It's just that you are not well known at command roles. We need to know how you will do as a Captain in-game.
    Neutral votes are useless so I will be leaving a -1 until I see you more at XO and SO
    Thanks for posting, this will hopefully change as you see me more in command.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember having good experiences with your character in game, but as many other have stated, command roles are necessary not only to get the experience but to also get a good face time with the community. Most players will expect you to be the "cream of the crop" of the Marine playerbase *cough* and be the flow of both RP expectations and gameplay flow in order to achieve a glorious victory or a valiant defeat.

I don't really see anything wrong with your overall application or character. Your backstory is a little lacking with actually showing us interactions your character would have in person or how they would respond in an actual situation. It would be nice to maybe see them actually respond to a stressful/interesting RP scenario. But that's a minor observance.

Overall, you need more command face time with the server, as stated before. XO is a great way to get more command experience. Even more so on a low-pop server where the likelihood of being the aCO is higher.
    Until then, this is a -1 for me.

Good luck out there.
    Captain Chirs Mooris - CO Whitelist

Chris - Synth Whitelist

"CM without RP is CM without a soul"

My join date is a lie, I've been around since 2017

Trial Moderator: 02AUG2020 - 08SEP2020
    Moderator: 08SEP2020 - 05NOV2020