Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamerboi69 - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Gamerboi69

Player Name You Use Most?
    Chip Dominguez

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...or-Application

(Withdrawn cause it was pretty much a shitpost)

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    3 hour. PB'ed the XO while i was constantly pushing the XO down.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    The rarely used tool in the CO's arsenal, The last resort of some very situational dependent problems. You would rarely use this thing unless

it's a life-threatening situation of mission-critical personal.

Intentional sabotage with the said saboteur on the run unable to be captured and is dangerous to people around him,

The normal execution, Requires more time and effort in a Time of critical thinking and fast actions, Where almost every minute counts that may or may not lead to the OP's failure and there is still the chance that the suspect may escape while in custody when the Execution preps are being done.

A battle execution just ends the problem altogether in a quick timed fashion.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Morale and trust is a key part in any command role, you can't control the PVTs without first gaining the respect needed from their aSL or SL.

Now usually you don't need to gain any of those, you are a respected marine who is known that got this position but its still a good idea to keep the marines with a smile on their face.
    I'd personally go in the route of NJP's over brig sentences, NJP's are a rare thing to see and no one takes the time to oversee them (Round start minor crimes) and ya know? Who wouldn't want to watch a marine that just got arrested give a briefing, Get insulted by the PVT's, or his fantasy's leaked?

Usually, all most all of the problems on the ship are dealt with rather quickly without the serious need of the Captain to move up to their face and scream at them paragraphs, even then the person who did the fuckup, idiotic shit is arrested and sent away/Replaced in a matter of minutes.

Now the real department that would require special attention is MP's.
    Realy falls into two categories,

Did the CMP fuckup?
    Or
    Did the MP fuckup?

If it is the CMP and he isn't on a power fantasy. Faxing HC about the situation will mostly do.

If it is the MP's then the usually CMP is with you, I could deputize my synth or any officer I can find that is available to help to deal with the situation. MPs may be unrobust but their tasers still warrant a big problem.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    Ensuring that the OP can be continued from start to finish.
    Their core value is to keep the OP running and ensuring nothing gets in the way of it, Their actions can range from simple orders to the marines or dealing with ship affairs that may or may not damage the OP's integrity while it's ongoing.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    A more streamlined approach to how medals are taken. Must have been seen a thousand times, XO/SO/SL recommends marine, CO 5 minutes later forgets about the entire ordeal and the marine who did the work is just "oh okay."

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    Being able to use experimental Tactics and new plans without the superior officer just outright ruling it out and throwing it in the idea trash bin.
    The slightly fun side of the CO RP that some PFC mains like to bully for fun.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good application and good player both in-game and in the community.

I have had Chip as my XO and as an SSGT multiple times, I have full confidence in his abilities to lead and inspire marines to victory. I wish you the best of luck in getting whitelisted you are one of the few people that actually deserve this whitelist in my opinion. MASSIVE +1
    Aden Cooper

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had you as my XO practically every time I've been CO and you did pretty well but unfortunately I will be downvoting this application.

It isn't your capability to lead nor the app itself as I don't give a damn about it, but your recent notes for meta and LRP.

I do not think you are ready to uphold a role that is supposed to make the round enjoyable RP wise and such.

-1 until I see improvement in the future.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    but your recent notes for meta and LRP.

I do not think you are ready to uphold a role that is supposed to make the round enjoyable RP wise and such.

-1 until I see improvement in the future.
    The most recent meta and I believe the first note of this month other than the Ban. It could be considered a minor issue as it was applied for me calling predators as "Preds" in-game.

But with XO PB Ban as its a glaring issue, I'm willing to live with it and took it as a consideration while making this app.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, yes. I had you as my XO and SO several times. You did incredibly well with the operation when I had to deal with MPs or shipside issues. You have some notes but from what I have seen you recently, your behavior in-game was good.
    I have full confidence you will be a good CO. It's a shame we lose such a seasoned XO/SO but hey, another good CO to the club.
    +1

I wish you good luck with your application. Also, stop stealing my monocle and baton please
    Last edited by Axyinious; 04-22-2020 at 05:05 PM.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna hold off on giving my vote for a moment, but I wanted to ask are you sure this is your first CO app? I'm almost certain I've seen one with the same name recently? (Also possible that I am just a smooth brain and saw something similar)
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatHoovyDood View Post
    Gonna hold off on giving my vote for a moment, but I wanted to ask are you sure this is your first CO app? I'm almost certain I've seen one with the same name recently? (Also possible that I am just a smooth brain and saw something similar)
    It's my first app. Got nothin else to say.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chip is a cool guy in-game and a pleasant individual to speak with out of the game. Besides some grammatical and punctuation errors in the story, I see absolutely no reason to give anything other than a +1 for this

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerboi69 View Post
    It's my first app. Got nothin else to say.
    Alright, probably me just being insane. Well, your answers are solid enough (could have used a spell check), and you have been good in command most of the time I've had you. So I'll go ahead and toss down my+1
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers are fine, I have seen you play SL and CIC roles quite a bit, you have taken steps to improve your behavior and I personally witnessed your effort to create and execute interesting plans. Like that epic CORSAT round with that teleporter strat.

Unfortunately due to your notes this month I will have to -1 this
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!