User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gamerboi69 - Commander Application

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, Chip's a pretty good dude and a reliable XO. Accidently killing someone might be grounds for a warning/ban, but in my opinion it shouldn't be grounds for a -1

With that I'll be leaving my +1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chips a good reliable Unga who I reckon will make for a fun and in touch CO, big plus one from me

Are yall really gonna deny this dude because he said pred as if that isn't the most harmless 'meta' ever. He already copped a ban over an accidental PB and I'm disappointed some of yall are gatekeeping over such a thing, them notes are nothin compared to half our COs
    Last edited by Dreven; 04-22-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    Chips a good reliable Unga who I reckon will make for a fun and in touch CO, big plus one from me

Are yall really gonna deny this dude because he said pred as if that isn't the most harmless 'meta' ever. PBing a XO isn't great but he already copped a ban for it and we know he isn't a shitter, half the COs have way more hectic notes than that
    Not exactly what the meta'd. I wont go into detail without permission though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    Not exactly what the meta'd. I wont go into detail without permission though.
    I mean what else is left? The most recent note is of me calling "pred", The rest of them are mostly just expired by now.
    Somewhere between 8 or 10 the of this month. I was banned and this whole week I don't remember anything other than the Meta that was calling preds preds.

Unless it's my note history which I would understand, but I was clean for a good 3 or 4 days before the ban.

I'll go ingame and ask for my note and update this once again.

Warned for Metagaming, as SO, were calling out marines to check if there was predators. Player instructed that Yautja is not on the Expect Contact. by on Sun, April 19th of 2020

Note is a bit different from what the conversation I had with the person who applied it but i got no problem with that.
    From what I remember i was reported by a player and got told that i couldn't call them preds but Jamaicans were aight.
    at that moment i was in Alamo deploying to help with the OP, the round ended 30 or so minutes after.
    Last edited by Gamerboi69; 04-22-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke with Gamerboi69 over discord regarding why I downvoted and if they wish to share the conversation they may.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good XO, accidental killings every so often aren't a big deal, unless they are like every other day. We all have a slip of the finger, some more deadly than others. Meta with the word 'pred', isn't a glaring issue, considering it was corrected anywho. Therefore, I shall leave my +1

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to -1

You understand the core mechanics of commanding that is fine. Personally however I see nothing developed in your character. I have seen you in XO sure shouting mechanic tactics. But I don't recognize ever seeing you in a squad, talking, or even leading as a squad leader. Your character does not stand out to me other then being a 'gamer' that deploys and fights, as i've seen you deploy as XO and fight naked with a shotgun a handful of times.

In my personal opinion you are severely lacking on the RP/character side of COing and I am a firm believer that is essential to anyone wanting to be a CO.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to reflect what snooper said. When I see you in CIC, you are barely heard on comms your standard of RP is well below the average and some instances cannot be tolerated.

Your story is decently comedic and I can get what you're trying to reach for. However, you've also shown your character's LRP nature as well, crossed a line that should not be crossed.

Chip Throws a left hook on to the LT’s body and exclaims
    You physically abuse your CIC staff when they make a joke?

Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    When I see you in CIC, you are barely heard on comms
    I've mostly talked with my SO's directly or with the CO directly, giving info about the battlefield, etc. I find it much easier to spot the white text that's not in a channel than the one in, for myself at least.
    Now if it's about my comms with the SL's directly, That I can totally understand. I mostly relay orders in bulk via announcements or directly from the SL messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    your standard of RP is well below the average and some instances cannot be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper44 View Post
    I have to -1

Personally however I see nothing developed in your character. I have seen you in XO sure shouting mechanic tactics. But I don't recognize ever seeing you in a squad, talking, or even leading as a squad leader. Your character does not stand out to me other then being a 'gamer' that deploys and fights, as i've seen you deploy as XO and fight naked with a shotgun a handful of times.

In my personal opinion you are severely lacking on the RP/character side of COing and I am a firm believer that is essential to anyone wanting to be a CO.

Since snooper's Vote, I've slowly started to adopt a more adequate RP style, one that should more represent an actual CO/XO, be it with actions and way of the tongue. I hope to be able to make this clearly shown in my coming CIC games and to meet you both in-game to actually represent it.
    Last edited by Gamerboi69; 04-25-2020 at 03:03 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My vote dosen't have any weight on this but as extensive observer, i have seen you doing nothing but deploying plain "naked" with a machete or a weapon to fight xenos and running into preds attemping to get a kill.

I don't see your quirk here, i see lazy announcements, poor roleplay, only a player who wants to be a PFC+++ with mateba that has no abilities recogonizable acts as Command Staff.

Sorry, there is no way i am going to give a upvote.

and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: