User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gamerboi69 - Commander Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen and overheard your announcements/actions while performing other roles on the Almayer, and while not exclusively having been in the CiC with you as of late, I cannot in good conscience give a positive vote on your application due to the reasons of your poor ability to RP to the standards of a CO from an observational standpoint. The impressions you give show that this is a core attribute of yours and will most likely shirk off any duties or possible scenarios not concerned with fighting ground side immediately if given the rank of Captain. You're a good Unga, and a damn fine one at that. Being a Captain means more than just being robust at killing Xenos, though.

I do hope to see you improve and put more effort into your announcements and actions concerning RP though, as you've stated you hope to improve and I will gladly cast a positive vote given time and reasonable changes in your style of leadership and command abilities.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna support you since I've noticed that you've improved while the application is up. That's a good thing. Keep it up.

Right,

You’re a good player that offer some twist and roleplay to rounds. I’ve had you as an XO and SO under my command as well as seen you XO in multiple occasion.

I have to say you’re a good XO. You know and improved when to make announcements, how to relay information on time and so on. I suppose you will also learn more tricks, tips and strategies over time.

However I would like to see you more assertive and confident as a Captain, with a more reserved or down to earth roleplay in mind. I do hold some consideration for you.

I wish you best of luck with your application. +1

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on my vote.

Chip. You need to learn to stop undermining your superiors and listen to their orders.

When the CO tells you "DO NOT USE DEFCON ASSETS WITHOUT MY APPROVAL" you need to listen to them.

I have seen you 4 or 5 times in this situation and each time you went and used defcon points as you saw fit.

Until I see this behavior stop my -1 is getting only bigger.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Update on my vote.

Chip. You need to learn to stop undermining your superiors and listen to their orders.

When the CO tells you "DO NOT USE DEFCON ASSETS WITHOUT MY APPROVAL" you need to listen to them.

I have seen you 4 or 5 times in this situation and each time you went and used defcon points as you saw fit.

Until I see this behavior stop my -1 is getting only bigger.
    I got an explanation for the last round which probably cause you to update your vote.

I had the entire OP control on me. CO joined very late and gave the entire op to me judging by their actions. Pretty sure they had IRL problems and just Stood there. Defcon 4 rolls around, I get OB and CAS. SO's go LRP cause of it, RO needed points but we had competent IO's so I chose to go with OB's to help the game.

Never heard the CO say anything about "DO NOT USE DEFCON WITHOUT MY APPROVAL"

Defcon 3 rolls around. I get Cargo points. I heard the CO say "Oh okay, At least we got Cargo" and just continued with the OP

I took a risky option and a tactic from the start of the OP so I went along with it and won the game.

But due to your concerns, I'll be more careful about Defcon point spending.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have certainly improved as I have had you as my XO multiple times. There is no doubt in my mind you are on the path to being a good CO

But honestly, you should wait a month. As it is right now people are judging your application based on seeing you once as CO and making a decision based on if you make a mistake or two. It is not in your favor frankly. Take that time to continue to play XO, play more SL and MP so you understand more in depth on what you will be dealing with and micromanaging.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’ve gotten 3 notes this month and have a bit of a history. The application is fine, and you have alright support from the community, however until I see progress, i.e a month without notes, I am not willing to accept this app.

Resolved, denied. You may reapply in a month, however please make sure you go a month without any notes before reapplying.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler: