User Tag List

Thread: procure on site gimmick idea i did

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

procure on site gimmick idea i did

I was bored and decided to try and survive with only the stuff i find on the ground, i take a jumper, armor, and boots to avoid getting arrested, and as a bonus I take a mini medic kit for the skill boost/sensor hud, so i dont accidentally loot a crit/defibabble marine. I take light armor, and dont take a boot knife.

The idea here is to scavenge what you can to make a viable loadout, go into the fight, and if you survive getting your ass blasted, drop your loadout and go back in to scavenge another one. For the sake of a challenge, no looting ammo/mag boxes or anything at the fobs, but anything other than that (including looting perma dead marines or colonists) is game if it's on the colony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about looting places like the nexus security station, and other places where weapons are known to reside?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    What about looting places like the nexus security station, and other places where weapons are known to reside?
    if the survivors havent looted it dry, go ahead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    if the survivors havent looted it dry, go ahead
    Even with that, it could still be very challenging. The first thing that comes to mind for most stages is picking up a stack of wooden boards to at least have *something*.

You could also ditch the light armor once you go planetside if you really wanted to go for the full on scavenger thing. Losing the boots would be a bit much, since there’s almost always glass everywhere.