User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Question Directed at Staff, MP mains, and Marines

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Question Directed at Staff, MP mains, and Marines

Normally I shitpost stupid things about other stupid things on discord, but I'd like a more in depth explanation on why it seems like things are being removed because a handful of people "fucked with MPs too much," when the average playerbase doesn't condone many actions and it's usually the same handful of people in the brig every round, like Antoni.

Case and point being armor and deploying CTs.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tbh I told my CTs quite a few times to deploy and die becuase they get on my nerves. Well more get crates and such but to them it meant ugna and die. Or they got crates which if they did well dam score. With pajamarines, tbh it annoyed some people for breaking immersion to go armorless and not care if you die or not becuase CPR magic. Armorless is best for chasing down aliens with buck beyond that it is asking to die to any alien that focuses you or FF.

Basically they want to stop people from ugnaing on support roles and to respect the fact they can die and to stop suciding in. Or something like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what kind of answer you expect from the playerbase when these were decisions made by staff. This kind of seems more like an attempt to generate some level of outrage at these decisions than to get an 'in depth explanation'. I'd just take this up with Grimcad since he was the one who you were told to direct your concerns to.
    Last edited by Corocan; 04-24-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do disagree with this ruling, MPs, Doctors and OTs can deploy but not CTs. Even then RO can handle req alone, now imagine RO +4 CTs in req. That's too many.

If you don't like it you should speak to Grimcad, but while the ruling is up I will enforce it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a cruel and unjust nerf of the Cargo department. Yes any old grunt can put a crate aboard the dropship, but they often don't. Also a deployed CT can organize supplies, and retrieve powerloaders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    ok retard.
    oooooookay bucko alright you listen heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere boyo alright okay

Listen, if I PMd Grimcad, Hunk, or any other staff that are making what they think at the time are reasonable rulings and such, they would probably /listen/ to me, but I assure you nothing would change.
    Because overwhelming public opinion has very often overturned these kinds of decisions.

No, this post wasn't to gather outrage, it was to start a discussion ...
    And there's nothing wrong with starting a 'discussion', but you should be more upfront about that when you're trying to get people to talk about it. You should clearly state your opinion on the matter and make your intent apparent from the get-go. You said that you wanted an 'in depth explanation' and that was already given to you in the discord when you asked, so clearly there was more to it and that's what miffed me about how you wanted to 'start the discussion'.

... about rulings that frankly, seem unneeded, especially when a dev needs to make a decision shown in the picture sometime in the future because maybe ten people total did in the last month, and that's a very liberal guess.
    You state the rulings seem unneeded because there's too few people doing it, but the issue was never that there were too many people doing it, but rather that there were people doing it at all. It didn't matter if the whole server did it or half of the server or a tenth. CTs are a shipside role that serve a shipside purpose and deploying them removes them from their unique shipside purpose, so they should be required to stay on the ship. It's also not fair for CTs to be forced to deploy by their superior officer especially when it's just a guise to get them killed. Just L makes an okay argument for letting CTs deploy, but there's several other ways to achieve the objective of having status updates on the marine supply situation which are, but are not limited to, the RO asking whoever the FOB SL is to tell them what they're needing or the RO keying directly into squad channels to let them know to make a request.

On the matter of marines wearing armor, that's a game design choice. Once again, not really an issue of the amount of people doing it, but rather that it can be done at all. I'm not really sure what your argument for this is, exactly. Should it stand because too few people do it for it to be considered an issue? I mean, I wouldn't call it an exploit, but in situations where exploits are found, they're often fixed regardless of the amount of people using it, so I would say that similar logic applies here. It probably has something to do with the idea that marines aren't supposed to move so fast, and obviously slowing down humans as a whole just so people can run around without armor is not the answer. What's your argument for letting marines be able to run around without armor that isn't tied to how many of them are doing it, because that's not the problem.

In general, in order for there to be a discussion you need to like, actually make an initial argument, instead of just slapping a couple screencaps up and asking for a vague response from people. No-one knows what you're trying to do here, or, more importantly, why. No wonder nothing would change if you went to Grimcad or Hunk because I can't think of why anyone should care about this based on the way you're trying to present it.
    Last edited by Corocan; 04-24-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all the new rulings are cock and ball

CM is going downhill real fast

wee woo wee woo

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cat rights, beret laws and now this.

What is happening?

Also each staff gives other answer why armorless humans were nerfed. Neth said that it was to nerf Survivor Gangs who would decimate Young/Mature benos trough their speed. This kinda make sense, because thanks to this nerfs, survivor isn't that viable to chase and kill T1's.
    What doesn't make sense is reason stated by jeser from dev chat, that its because people started to drop armor to mess with MPs and then run around without armor planetside.
    Nerf in this case doesn't make sense, so I have to wear my tinfoil hat and call some conspiracy bullshit on that.
    No baldie marine drops their armor, unless directly told by someone to do so. If you are new to SS13 you think that more armor = better. So no baldo ever dropped armor more than once.

How to solve armor problem?
    Make each and every armor piece viable?
    "No!" - Says dev - "Nerf armorless, so that they are forced to wear armor!"

While I never was and I never will run around armorless, I see the adventages that still are in place.
    One neuro slows you down enough, so even pre-nerf, you weren't faster than light armor rine who didn't get hit. Nothing really changed.
    Benos like prae and warrior have guaranteed bone break abilities even if you rock the heaviest of armor. So what is the point of armor? With, or without you get your brittle bones broken.
    Queen abilities work the same with, or without armor.

Armor that gives no armor, but also no slowdown and can hold a gun in suit slot > No Armor >>> Light Armor > Medium Armor > Heavy Armor. As simple as that.
    What is done to solve it? RNG pounce block that in pratice is a nerf since beno isn't rooted and you are for half of the original time left stunned, but standing, thus eating bullets from teammates, instead of beno, who would normaly would have to sit on your body for atleast a second. Nerf in pratice.
    Armorless Neuro Buff that doesn't solve anything RP related and doesn't even really nerfs Armorless rines as they already counted on dodging the first neuro. Nothing has changed.

What is also funny is the fact that Endurance was added with surv in mind, to help them survive, so neuro ressistance was a part of their gameplay, now their Endurance doesn't mean shit. Oh... And CLF armor was nerfed too! All those marines and survivors wearing CLF gear that spawns on each and every map by hundreds... Wait... Spawns only one piece and only on one map that is rarerly choosen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just staff experimenting with different things, something I don't really disagree with, even if I disagree with some of the rulings.

Perhaps it would be a happy middle ground to allow shipside personnel if they have an MP to guard them/ensure they don't run planetside in to combat.

Those who know me, know that I'm an advocate for greater IC freedom in most situations. However, it's a small minority, such Antoni who doesn't wear armour every round to bait mps, causing large scale unrest most rounds. Hell, yesterday I arrested him two rounds in a row, I warned him three times to get armour on. He responded by resisting and when detained. Killed himself and ghosted.

The actions of a minority abusing the relaxed rules on things and taking it too far is always the reason why nerfs occur, and why ooc rulings are brought in.

I'd rather staff handle the problem players, rather than a blanket restriction, but I cannot critise staff because the staff who have to deal with the concequences.

It's easier to throw down a blanket ban then deal with the banning of a notable person which can drag on for weeks, and can upset members of the community and even some staff.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha, marines getting crates. Classic
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine