Thread: The metarush problem

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xBoBox3 View Post
    snip.
    Metarushing isnt a thing anymore because A: we dont have first contact. and B: they changed up the balance of the game to make it where marines cant just charge and kill xenos when they are weak through evolution/maturity boosts and rebalancing xeno strength curve. This thread just looks like pure salt to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Metarushing isnt a thing anymore because A: we dont have first contact. and B: they changed up the balance of the game to make it where marines cant just charge and kill xenos when they are weak through evolution/maturity boosts and rebalancing xeno strength curve. This thread just looks like pure salt to me.
    I can absolutely and positively say that there is no salt from my side, at the very least. I even bring up both sides in the OP: both from the side of the xeno, and the side of the marine. I even bring up the history of the issue, and its current state. Our opinions even match up; metarushing simply doesn't mechanically exist in the current game.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They dont enforce metarushing anymore since first contact was removed. They then put in balance changes to adjust for marines rushing xenos and killing them. I dont understand your point. Metarushing doesnt get punished anymore.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metarushing is attacking before aliens get tier 3 or get elder queen. Used to occur both about 23-25 minutes into the game now it 13 so minutes in they get tier 3s. The faster evo was literally done to prevent metarushing. Otherwise metarushing can be considered using all four squads to attack early on( it considered bad taste for both sides since if aliens win the fight round can end an hour in due to lack of FOB).

Otherwise currently admins want a flexible ruling on metarushing since the prime goal is to prevent ethier side from trying to rush the other before they are ready. Does it work? ......... not really and the solutions ussally come to late prevent hive death

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Metarush don't exist as a rule itself, but exists as a rule clarification.

Rule clarifications are given by Managers which make a point decision of HOW things must be handled to maintain game balance or to shift the balance to a acceptable one.

There will be always criticism related to how staff handle, because, you and every single player aren't aware of the background of every single decision made by staff on staff discord.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They dont enforce metarushing anymore since first contact was removed. They then put in balance changes to adjust for marines rushing xenos and killing them. I dont understand your point. Metarushing doesnt get punished anymore.
    Metarushing was literally punished last round. Take a look in the staff report section.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Driker View Post
    Metarushing was literally punished last round. Take a look in the staff report section.
    Ok I would call that interfering with the round but if you want to call it a punishment ok. When I think of punishment I think of people literally getting notes, getting abombed, slept, all that kind of stuff. I can see why you think spawning in xenos is unfair but I wouldnt call it a punishment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People were claiming A-bombs as happenings, but no deaths occurred from them. I can't confirm them myself.

The spawns made the round last about an hour longer and the Xeno players were all dead, personally if anyone was punished by the spawning in of Praes, I feel it was those waiting to play again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL just change xeno to survivors and then reread your sentence and realize how big of a hypocrit you are.
    I don't see how survivors can fit in the place of xenos in that sentence when survivors have time after time been cosmically cucked by both admins and devs - completely ignoring the xenos metaing problem, marines have suffered a series of nerfs targeted at them that have had far more severe collateral consequences on survivors. Just a few months ago, survivors were able to use pill bottles, and shock door stuns lasted longer, and the compression helmet blocked huggers, etc. Then on top of that xenos were buffed tremendously regarding earlygame maturity and evo so they could stand up to marines - but that fucked survs even harder.

The thing is that xenos actually do meta where survivors are. Observe on an LV round and sit around engineering road, you will see either young runners or straight up larvae or defenders pop out of the tunnels at like 12:04 and try to gank any survies. They know *exactly* where to go because they have the metaknowledge that survivors tend to gather there.

But when marines arrive at the hive early, it isn't meta. Do you want to know why? Because they fucking run up and down the colony like spergs, and they don't see a SINGLE weed anywhere, and then they see a xeno that starts running towards lambda locks when they arrive. Damn bro I wonder where the xenos are - surely the hive must be in the general store and not in one of the laboratories where there were ongoing experiments regarding aliens.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talls be like "hey if we agree that something does not exist, then it doesn't right"? And the same talls are like "benos you metarushed us in the caves" and "please add a fan protection so that a shipside runner won't be able to camp vents".

The only definition of metarush that counts is the definition that the admin team is using. And it existed, exists and would exist. The question is whether metarush is effective. During recent XSS old body abuse meta, metarushers were getting slaughtered in droves, since they usually proceed on the meta knowledge that xenos won't be willing to contest the colony. Then XSS was nerfed and we had the infamous 10 marine majors streak day. And in that meta a good metarush would work well. Now with MOBA, we'll see, so far the hive seems to be not as strong as during the XSS peak, but it's still capable of contesting the colony to some extent. 1215 drop into 4 squad caves rush would probably work well.

UPD:
    I forgot the most important thing... I suggested this before, but maybe let's have a weekly\monthly metarush day event, where marines can rush as much as they want and that way it will be consensual on all sides.
    Last edited by sg2002; 04-25-2020 at 07:49 PM.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew