User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The metarush problem

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after playing a few rounds the problem is balance with a little bit of xenos sucking. I noticed grenades are absolutely deleting xeno walls doors. Im not talking m40s either just regular HEDP. SG is broken right now. Xenos dont have the capabilities to stop marine rushing (every single round I played marines just unga as hard as they can and dont stop). The only time moba xenos are good is if they can stop the marines and turn it into a drag out fight. Marines are crying unfair and unbalanced while xenos are getting absolutely deleted in 20 minutes. I have played rounds on low and high pop and it aint making any difference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the admins want for some reason.
    Marine:Sir the enemy is just ahead of us in the cave system the have no defenses setup I say we push and crush them when we have the chance.

SSGT: No let the enemy sit there create defenses and assemble, gather strength only then we should attack and see what happens.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would marines not take advantage of the enemy's incompetence and the present situation being afraid of something called meta rush that does not even exist? There is no excuse for exenos to not be able to hold 2 tile gap against marines who UNGA at the caves without any organization except some mentality to follow the man in front.

If we are not going to take in to consideration of Situations, Advantages, Initiatives during a round why the hell do we even have a Chain of command. We should just be put on a timer say 12:30, once the timer reaches 12:30 we all UNGA at each other Exenos and Marines. That way there is no meta rush and it is pure Death Match instead of tactical thinking,planning and playing as a team.
    Last edited by Critilius; 04-26-2020 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Grammer
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    after playing a few rounds the problem is balance with a little bit of xenos sucking. I noticed grenades are absolutely deleting xeno walls doors. Im not talking m40s either just regular HEDP. SG is broken right now. Xenos dont have the capabilities to stop marine rushing (every single round I played marines just unga as hard as they can and dont stop). The only time moba xenos are good is if they can stop the marines and turn it into a drag out fight. Marines are crying unfair and unbalanced while xenos are getting absolutely deleted in 20 minutes. I have played rounds on low and high pop and it aint making any difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Critilius View Post
    What the admins want for some reason.
    Marine:Sir the enemy is just ahead of us in the cave system the have no defenses setup I say we push and crush them when we have the chance.

SSGT: No let the enemy sit there create defenses and assemble, gather strength only then we should attack and see what happens.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would marines not take advantage of the enemy's incompetence and the present situation being afraid of something called meta rush that does not even exist? There is no excuse for exenos to not be able to hold 2 tile gap against marines who UNGA at the caves without any organization except some mentality to follow the man in front.

If we are not going to take in to consideration of Situations, Advantages, Initiatives during a round why the hell do we even have a Chain of command. We should just be put on a timer say 12:30, once the timer reaches 12:30 we all UNGA at each other Exenos and Marines. That way there is no meta rush and it is pure Death Match instead of tactical thinking,planning and playing as a team.
    It's a game, it's not just your fun that's important but everyone's fun and the overall game health.

Your suggestion is extreme and by nature is a straw man. You're saying "If I can't just unga rush, then I can't use tactics, and that means no good!" That's illogical. Unga rushes of any sort I would go to say is LRP. There's no way anyone that is sane (and to join the military you have to be physically fit and mentally sound) would chase a ten foot monster into the darkness by themselves or even with three buddies. Especially if you saw said ten foot monster kill twenty of your buddies. Marines are like the minions in the video below, nonsensical and their actions make little to no RP sense.

"What twenty people just died? Well they ain't me! Time to chase the queen and her court with three other buddies with shotguns because mechanics allow me too!"
    -marines die-
    "Nerf xenos, rav op!"

Last edited by ChiChii; 04-26-2020 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From an rp perspective unga rush is idiotic, gameplay wise it makes sense, cant go through another cave entrance becuase its walled off 9 tiles deep, even if you did work your way into the cave all it takes is 2 T3's which at current balance would be a rav or a crusher to just halt a push, boiler to lock you there, and if queen takes notice just goes to the next push and since its not filled with 20 marines queen can wipe a squad fast

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of things forgotten about metarushes.
    Most of the time, it is not Command's fault on ordering marines to go on the offensive and unga to Caves. (sometimes it is, true.)
    Once a marine sees a xeno, they will obviously engage it and follow it until their death. If that is a group, then more marines will join in to eliminate the xenomorph menace.
    These pushes have a 50-50 chance to succeed. They always succeed if the Hivelord or the Boilers that round is incompetent or new.
    It is obviously unfun to xenos get defeated early on before the timer hits 13:00. However, xenos lure marines in their location easily and that might initiate a push that might lead to the marine win.
    What I want to say is that metarushes are not only marine's or Command's fault. Xenomorphs also cause it by not using their effective resources and abilities that they are given. Hivelords not blocking entrances, Boilers not covering flanks and pushes with gas and general hive incompetence or the Queen's incompetence.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop chasing once they go deep in. Asking to get eaten by tier 3s. Stop rushing it asking to get counter deathballed. Rushing and ramboing is asking for a quick marine defeat and it up to command and SLs to stop ideots from being ideots and ensure everything goes smoothly.

Also best counters to rush are...
    Hedgehogs, Boilers, General swarm of Tier3s, traps acid and hugger, wall hell, robust group of tier 2s, blocking with walls, counter flanking, and alien counter balling with queen. Only reason rushes work is the aliens get caught with their pants down and panic instead of saying ' time to wreck delta's shit'.

Marines should and must prepare defensive fall back points and layered defensive postions along with control of flank points to ensure aliens cant counter attack effectivly. Flank manuvers must be done properly and slowly to deal with counter pushes via having multiple cade lines into the caves. Proper tactics will ensure marine victory or make at least alien's lives hell.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am of the opinion unless it's command saying "ALL SQUADS PUSH LAMBDA/ETA/Insert Common Places for a hive here upon drop." its not a metarush. However, if the xenos lead all the marines to the hive at 12:25/12:30 that's on the xenos not the marines. In fact I hate the term metarush, I think it's dumb.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Im not talking m40s either just regular HEDP.
    bro BRO HEDP IS AN M40 GRENADE OH MY GOD YOU ABSOLUTE XENO MAIN
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I am of the opinion unless it's command saying "ALL SQUADS PUSH LAMBDA/ETA/Insert Common Places for a hive here upon drop." its not a metarush. However, if the xenos lead all the marines to the hive at 12:25/12:30 that's on the xenos not the marines. In fact I hate the term metarush, I think it's dumb.
    For this scenario the hive is as intelligent as its stupidest member.
    It is not feasible to keep every young runner from leading them into the hive.
    (It is also kinda boring for both sides to sit AFK until whatever)
    ESPECIALLY because they all know where the hive is. It is in the cave.

Also, command doesn't have to say "rush into Lambda", I saw a round where "Deploy at 12:15 sharp" was announced.
    At this point it is understood that all marines are hyped and they dont really need specific instructions, they'll do their best to make the most of their time advantage.
    (this doesn't happen often)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deploy at 12:15 is perfectly reasonable, that is the minimum limit for a reason. Why would you delay an operation meant to be a search and rescue?
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome