Your Character Name?
    Walter Meldron
    Their BYOND Key
    Unknown
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    17:16 GMT, 25/04/2020
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server

- Do not try to heavily influence the game unless it is for very good reasoning such as for an event, a player purposefully holding up the game, dishing out punishment for rule breaking (Examples: a commander killed a marine unjustly, a squad of marines are killing other marines for no reason, a queen is slashing every host known to man, aliens have stacked too many huggers) or other such things.
    Description of the incident
    So, marines meta-rushed the hive, which forced admins to take action by spawning in more xenos and increasing the maturity of the queen, but even with these buffs, xenos were still pushed back and eventually lost their queen and most of their xenos. Admins giving xenos benefits due to a metarush is fine, but it isn't fine as to what happened after xenos lost their queen. An admin spawned in 4 praetorians that were extremely overpowered, which caused the round to last much longer than it should've.

The 4 near-indestructible praetorians that were way too powerful against the marines and made the game unfun for most dead people who wanted the round to end already. There was no reason to give xenos 4 overpowered praetorians when the round was about to end, as it only caused the round to be extended by an additional 40-50 minutes.
    Evidence
    none
    How you would punish the accused
    Warn them not to make overpowered xenos for no good reason

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was part of that round and one of the praetorians spawned. We managed to push back the marine push, however the xenos start dying way too fast to regain strength.

Must quote that most of the failure of killing us was for lack of coordenation of the marine force as itself as all palatines were killed when marines started ganging on us not 2 or 3, but 6-7 to the point that we couldn't outrun marines and heal each other.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give my own personal account of this round. I latejoined as bravo engie as the first queen was dying, finished prepping as the second one died, then got what I felt was a pretty LRP but whatever command announcement to EVAC AHHHHHH (this is pretty much literally what the announcement was from CIC). I ahelped if I could mutiniy because it seemed that CIC were being shitters but got told no because there was some other intervention happening, which I later found out was praes being spawned. SO I go ok, and the alamo pilot ignores the dumb announcement and deploys everyone anyway.

I hit the ground, start building, etc. doing engie stuff then get another announcement of AHHHH CLF and go oh no. The SOs are all silent in CIC, the XO and CO if there was one send no clarification on command (since my bravo SL had no idea what was happening too.) The next thirty minutes was a chain of what seems to be essentially straight shitposts you would expect from CLF actually capturing the command tablet and/or CIC. Thus all of bravo (one spec from a kit, one original spec, the SL, me, and 3 PFCs) go up to fight off the commandoes we think have taken CIC.

This leaves the FOB extremely lightly defended. The praes took this time to bust into LZ and stop mopping the floor with the skeletons of other squads and wounded. eventually the SL and SPEC of bravo sort everything out and realize that yes CIC *is* actually just dumb and we redploy to find praes and the queen literally sitting at the south DS door. We kill the queen and the praes run around for the next 30 minutes with a backdrop of dumb CIC announcements then die.

I legitmately think the round was extended more by squads going up and down more than the Prae spawning. Personally, my enjoyment of the round was harmed most by the annoying and confusing CIC announcements than by some praetorians that probably would have been unable to breach the FOB if the entirety of bravo wasnt up dealing with a ghost CLF.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Random Charlie PFC, chiming in.
    For context, Latejoined 1215, messed around thinking i'd try a new loadout.
    Got on the ground to everyone fighting in far cave chokes (map Trident Jam, as this wasn't mentioned by OP)

Grim eventually warned marines to stop their aggro push, twice, to no avail - as far as i could gather from comms.
    Proceeded to some spawns and ambiance (including CLF boarding? unclear, round was a mess), and later 4 ultra-beefy Palatine Prae which effectively delayed the round for a while.
    I'm not sure how much those were modded but it literally was whole of marines against these for a good half hour i'd say ?
    Examples include SADAR spec suicide-bombing one to stun them in marine fire to walk off, me unloading a whole L42 AP clip on one that didn't even bother moving to avoid, or repeatedly walking into cadeline just sitting still killing people while under fire by M56D + 2 Sentries + 5 Marines...

I'll reinstate what i said earlier on discord in that i don't think it's really a "metarush" per se, in that i'm pretty sure it wasn't particularly intentional by Command staff initially.
    But it turns out if you don't make marines sit in briefing for 15 minutes to arrive late to a distress call, they go unga and this happens which is basically the same end result...
    As such more than anything, i'm disappointed at the state of the game in that regard, and marine attitude, than staff...
    Granted the way it was handled by staff was not best in that it resulted in long round delay and even less fun, but i'm not sure there were many ways to do anything at all correctly...

I'm not sure if this is actually any helpeful information in current context, but it's the best I can do. Sorry if not...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so i was a xeno during this round, a spitter. i was out scouting the colony, as was a single crusher and defender. the rest of the xenos were resting in the hive maturing and trying to evolve to t3. by 12:15, marines landed and hadnt spotted me yet. i stealthily made my way back to the general direction of the hive when two delta marines and an SG saw me and chased me all the way into the hive, which was completely unnecessary by this point. i hadnt attacked them or dragged any of them away, they chased me to the hive bc they knew exactly where it led.

because there wasnt any weeds planted outside of the labs, i couldnt run fast enough to get away from them. they gave chase, stunned me with slugs and killed me just as i made my way inside the hive. then they continued pushing into the hive and were joined by alpha. this was at 12:17, two minutes after the marines landed. i realized it was a metarush and ahelped to say "hey, the marines are metarushing the hive" and i dont think i got any response. if i did it wasnt anything particularly reassuring.

xenos at this point didnt have any t3s, the 2 drones were focused on making nest infrastrucutre such as nesting beds, pods, egg morphers, etc.. and hadnt made any defences past the immediate area. which made pushing into the hive a steamroll for the now 30-some marines.

to make matters worse for us, the marines were joined by charlie, bolstering them to now 40-50ish fully equipped, fully stocked marines including specs, medics, engis and SLs. you can imagine the clusterfuck. over half the hive was wiped out in under 5 minutes. at approx 12:20 the first MOOC warning came to stop the rush. the alpha spec and delta SL ignored it entirely and kept pushing inwards. a minute later, a second MOOC warning was entirely ignored, as well as the CO ordering everyone to fall back.

the admin, grim, spawned in walls to the east and gave us a queen psychic hivemind announcement to use it. directly south of that exit was the beginnings of a new hive. i respawned as a drone, couldnt make anything in the hive bc the area was too small, some other xenos were spawned in but nothing that would give us an overwhelming advantage since the entirety of the marine force was at our barely defended doorstep. this was when the 3rd MOOC warning came and went.

i evolved into hivelord, started walling off the hive as it was getting broken into by the bravo, alpha and charlie SGs. walled off a little corner in the nesting room for the 3 surviving larva to live long enough to evolve. the only other drone died almost instantly when the walls blocking the room off were destroyed. and that was the second hive gone in the blink of an eye.

it wasn't fun. it was a pure metarush - every squad converged on the hive's position at near roundstart. we had barely just gotten our t3s and were majority t2s and t1s. imagine if xenos rushed the LZ 2 minutes after landing with every single xeno being ancient and having fully evolved t3s with an ancient queen deploying to help them. it would be a complete steamroll and everyone in deadchat would be complaining about xEnOs oP aDmInS sHiT WTF!!!

by metarush, i mean using amassed advantages and metaknowledge (knowing where the hive is bc its usually in the same location) to rush super fucking early (2 minutes after landing, barely 12 minutes into the round) with all of the marines being at full health, fully stocked and armored, and having their specs and SGs with them as well. they sped right past the colony, didnt bother fortifying anything, didnt bother with the survivors, just went right into our basically undefended hive.

i dont care about the 4 nigh unkillable praes. the marines deserved to have 10 of those attacking them. they ignored 3 warnings from the admin and 1 warning from the CO. i was in favor of having the next round postponed for an hour so they could fully investigate and dole out the bans. it was an extremely shitty, unfun and toxic round to participate in. everyone flexed on how good they were for destroying an unprepared xeno hive full of people who assume to make contact at around 12:20-12:25 at the earliest, not have their fucking hive destroyed at that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    I was part of that round and one of the praetorians spawned. We managed to push back the marine push, however the xenos start dying way too fast to regain strength.

Must quote that most of the failure of killing us was for lack of coordenation of the marine force as itself as all palatines were killed when marines started ganging on us not 2 or 3, but 6-7 to the point that we couldn't outrun marines and heal each other.
    That's because the marines who did attack in large groups would often get slaughtered or cause friendly fire to themselves. They shouldn't require such an amount to take on one praetorian, and even then, y'all were somehow passively healing off weeds with extremely strong pheromones

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 Ancient Praetorians.

2000 Plasma.
    1500 Health.
    Level 7 Pheromones on 2 Praes (Normally Level 4).
    Off weed healing.
    55 Damage attack average.

Overpowered? Absolutely.

If marines want to be at the hive by 12:20 and wipe out the hive, expect extreme resistance.

Not only did we have to spawn in multiple extra xenos, I had to create an entire escape flank AND build a hive the xenos could use to recover.
    At that point I could have conceded to a Marine win, but as was rightly pointed out in Deadchat by a player, my actions were to make a point, if you metarush the hive as soon as you possibly can, there will be severe repercussions.

I apologise to the players I stalled and delayed who could not play in the round while dead. Other than that however, I will stand by my actions.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello i was a survivor at this round.

I won't argue about metarushing, in my post becuse i think, the whole topic is not about that.

As a person effected by spawning, of this Pretorians, i just wanna say it was completely stupid and unnecessary causing the whole round to drag on (Yes, the Pretorians were the only alive xenos by the way), for additional time (Which is funny becuse, that mostly effected, the Xenos players who were dead, and instead of playing another round already, they had to watch for several minutes as somebody play he's power fantasy, with overpowered Xenos). Does the stuff dont have, more effective ways, of preventing the Meta rush, then spawning uber xenos ?

I just wanna say, the whole situation looked like somebody was trying to showoff, and it pissed me off that i had to wait additional time, before being able to play fresh round.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don’t need everyone and their mother coming in saying “this round was fine” or “this round sucks” this is not a peanut gallery.

Unless you’re providing actual evidence this is not a report that really requires how you felt about the round.

Everyone who is Shitposting is going to be getting an automatic forum infraction.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    4 Ancient Praetorians.

2000 Plasma.
    1500 Health.
    Level 7 Pheromones on 2 Praes (Normally Level 4).
    Off weed healing.
    55 Damage attack average.

Overpowered? Absolutely.

If marines want to be at the hive by 12:20 and wipe out the hive, expect extreme resistance.

Not only did we have to spawn in multiple extra xenos, I had to create an entire escape flank AND build a hive the xenos could use to recover.
    At that point I could have conceded to a Marine win, but as was rightly pointed out in Deadchat by a player, my actions were to make a point, if you metarush the hive as soon as you possibly can, there will be severe repercussions.

I apologise to the players I stalled and delayed who could not play in the round while dead. Other than that however, I will stand by my actions.
    I have no issue if you want to prove a point to the marines, you could've spawned in 3 deathsquads for all I care. My main issue comes as a result of the severe repercussions. Even after all of the xenos died, these praetorians continued to delay the round for an extra 40-50 minutes, where they'd attack the marines, kill them, and then retreat to heal whenever they were low; this was not okay, because it also punished many other players, such as the xenomorphs, who wanted to play but instead had to watch 4 praetorians kill marines for 40 minutes before they had a chance.

There were many other ways you could've punished the marines, but this stalled the round for too long and wasn't a good solution.