User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watermelon914 - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    Good app, he asked for help to proofread his story in discord, although the quirk isnt really mindblowing I personally believe walter can make rounds more fun, I can vouch on his experience to roleplay and support roles.

+1 Good luck chief
    Thanks

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can agree with the other people that your support role aptitude is acceptable for Synth standards; your story shows the personality of your Synth although personally I feel like as a "militaristic Synth", he could be a bit more harsher and direct with his speech; the HECU soldier from Halflife or even the American Rifleman from COH2 comes to mind when I think of a militaristic Synthetic like mine, or Kineem's.

However, one big issue with this application that I see is your Combat Scenarios response.
    A. There is only 1 example which, granted, is accurate.
    B. It doesn't fully demonstrate a full understanding of Synth Programming and Guidelines regarding combat; only a small factor: the Almayer Crash. For instance, the answer doesn't address aspects such as frontlining, or operations planetside where danger from both Xenos and Humans (e.g CLF, UPP, Mutineers) is very active and present.

Several Synths, including I have been punished for combat Synthing in the past and this section is absolutely crucial to understand; it's part of your gameplay and your personality as a Synthetic.

If you can, would it be possible for you to expand on your answer for that question? If so, name other other scenarios that reflect your understanding and application of the Synth Combat guidelines in common scenarios.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post
    I can agree with the other people that your support role aptitude is acceptable for Synth standards; your story shows the personality of your Synth although personally I feel like as a "militaristic Synth", he could be a bit more harsher and direct with his speech; the HECU soldier from Halflife or even the American Rifleman from COH2 comes to mind when I think of a militaristic Synthetic like mine, or Kineem's.

However, one big issue with this application that I see is your Combat Scenarios response.
    A. There is only 1 example which, granted, is accurate.
    B. It doesn't fully demonstrate a full understanding of Synth Programming and Guidelines regarding combat; only a small factor: the Almayer Crash. For instance, the answer doesn't address aspects such as frontlining, or operations planetside where danger from both Xenos and Humans (e.g CLF, UPP, Mutineers) is very active and present.

Several Synths, including I have been punished for combat Synthing in the past and this section is absolutely crucial to understand; it's part of your gameplay and your personality as a Synthetic.

If you can, would it be possible for you to expand on your answer for that question? If so, name other other scenarios that reflect your understanding and application of the Synth Combat guidelines in common scenarios.
    If I am alone on the backlines, tending to marines and a lurker/runner engages me, I may defend myself and the marine as long as I don't chase them. If the xenomorph does not engage me, I have no reason to attack them and would simply leave them be.
    If I am on the frontlines and a xenomorph is attacking me, my main priority would be to escape to safety as soon as possible. Attacking in this scenario would be a big no if it is possible for me to get back to safety.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers; I've seen more of your activity in Medical and Engineering, but I cannot vouch for your Cargo competence.

Please practice CT and RO and ensure that you know how to use the Cargo equipment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers; I've seen more of your activity in Medical and Engineering, but I cannot vouch for your Cargo competence.

Please practice CT and RO and ensure that you know how to use the Cargo equipment.
    I have played several CT/RO rounds recently, but it was on low pop and many may have not seen me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw Walter play CT and can confirm he can satisfy the ungas during roundstart attachie rush.
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any familiarity with research? OT? Legacy baychemistry? IO role?

Well anyways, I saw you in-round today and you were very competent. Solid +1 from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teafortwo View Post
    Any familiarity with research? OT? Legacy baychemistry? IO role?

Well anyways, I saw you in-round today and you were very competent. Solid +1 from me.
    Yep. I know a lot about research. Played a large amount of OT when it first came out, now I only play it occasionally when I feel like making explosives.
    I'm good with chemistry too.
    I rarely play IO, used to play it a lot in the past but has become a generally uninteresting role to me so I rarely play it anymore. I don't believe it is a requirement to be extremely solid with intelligence gathering, but if it is, I can very much recap my knowledge on the role and give it more of a try; I do remember most of what you have to do and I also know that communication is key between IOs, so that data can be quickly processed and stored in data storage.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've confirmed with other Synths you play Cargo and do it well; that means all three principle departments are being done at a high standard necessary for a Synth.

Don't have much else to say. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've confirmed with other Synths you play Cargo and do it well; that means all three principle departments are being done at a high standard necessary for a Synth.

Don't have much else to say. +1
    Thanks