User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73

Thread: USCM Dossier: Wamakahana Windhealer

  1. #61
    Synthetic Council Member 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    443
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based check
    Retired synthetic council member.

    I play Sofia Eder and Mia.

  2. #62
    Community Manager ThesoldierLLJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,161
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    space chiefs mad
    Head Shitposter in Charge and Community Manager
    Insert timeline of being staff here | Discord: Thesoldier#3107 - Open to DMs

  3. #63
    Senior Member Dreven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayleonard View Post
    You RP better than staff manage. Not to say your RP is always kosher. But if I had to elect someone to do a role, it would be you. Cannot wait to see you use OS to make a native america server. With actual scalping mechanics.
    https://github.com/tgstation/TerraGo...orps/pull/4812
    Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  4. #64
    Community Manager ThesoldierLLJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,161
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles
    What does this add other than a gimmick for one player
    He's not wrong you know.
    Head Shitposter in Charge and Community Manager
    Insert timeline of being staff here | Discord: Thesoldier#3107 - Open to DMs

  5. #65
    Senior Member Dreven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    He's not wrong you know.
    sorta like the CO role here then
    Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  6. #66
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    sorta like the CO role here then
    Hrrm... Ya know, that is not far off. Except for scalping you do not have to do a college essay before you start slicing. But I guess some people drink the cool-aid too much.

  7. #67
    Moderator 6DIRTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    snip
    Possible unpopular opinion, but scalping shouldn't even be possible when it comes to - keyword - xenos.

    I haven't said anything about Windhealer or his shenanigans because personally, it's whatever to me. Are they somewhat out of touch with the overall tone of CM? Definitely. You could argue that Juro is also a bit ridiculous, but he's also adhering to the fact that he's the captain of a ship filled with marines who are there to kill. Not some weird carpenter's guild that's stowed away in some closet on the Almayer, not some corner store out of the CL's office and not some high school P.E. class on crack playing scalpball.

    Charlie breakfast club was definitely a thing, but it was just a pre-deployment fun thing to do - and while it built friendships between myself, Hopper, Tournier and various others - it was really only that. It never persisted after the drop or after the hijack happens.

    It's fine to add your own flair to your operations, but at least make them somewhat relevant - I'd honestly rather have a cookie cutter CO with a speech impediment than a CO that detracts from the Marines' actual objective. I find that Juro's crayon battle maps provide enough humor and fun interaction between the CO and his men while also making his men a bit more enthusiastic of click lag TDM.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Dreven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6DIRTY View Post
    Possible unpopular opinion, but scalping shouldn't even be possible when it comes to - keyword - xenos.

    I haven't said anything about Windhealer or his shenanigans because personally, it's whatever to me. Are they somewhat out of touch with the overall tone of CM? Definitely. You could argue that Juro is also a bit ridiculous, but he's also adhering to the fact that he's the captain of a ship filled with marines who are there to kill. Not some weird carpenter's guild that's stowed away in some closet on the Almayer, not some corner store out of the CL's office and not some high school P.E. class on crack playing scalpball.

    Charlie breakfast club was definitely a thing, but it was just a pre-deployment fun thing to do - and while it built friendships between myself, Hopper, Tournier and various others - it was really only that. It never persisted after the drop or after the hijack happens.

    It's fine to add your own flair to your operations, but at least make them somewhat relevant - I'd honestly rather have a cookie cutter CO with a speech impediment than a CO that detracts from the Marines' actual objective. I find that Juro's crayon battle maps provide enough humor and fun interaction between the CO and his men while also making his men a bit more enthusiastic of click lag TDM.
    howd my gimmicks and side-gigs ever detract from the marines objective lmao, and I probably put more effort into my CO plans than anyone, especially with the drawings. But yeah props to juro he is one of the few CO's on CM who plays to make an enjoyable round
    Last edited by Dreven; 09-15-2020 at 04:56 AM.
    Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  9. #69
    Moderator 6DIRTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    howd my gimmicks and side-gigs ever detract from the marines objective lmao, I probably put more effort into my plan drawings than anyone. But yeah props to juro he is one of the few CO's on CM who plays to make an enjoyable round
    I dunno, I'd say that when certain actions that cause staff to intervene verbally in the chat logs or by introducing a provost or admiral or whatever to the round - that's detracting from the overall objective because now the CIC and to an extent, marines on the ground, are more concerned with who's doing "based" or "un-based" things on the ship.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Dreven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6DIRTY View Post
    I dunno, I'd say that when certain actions that cause staff to intervene verbally in the chat logs or by introducing a provost or admiral or whatever to the round - that's detracting from the overall objective because now the CIC and to an extent, marines on the ground, are more concerned with who's doing "based" or "un-based" things on the ship.
    So because staff are interventionists thats on me detracting from the round? Disregarding the dozens of rounds where I lead marines to set up big encirclement, setting up giant fuel tank traps, big delta flanks behind the hive, all things I never saw even tried by more "realistic" CO's who for the most part just stuck with the same tired meta each round, with exceptions of course (most of them banned or retired now, like orlando). Or are you referring to the time that staff made a big OOC announcement and rule change to stop us doing boxing matches pre-drop? Straight up lying about how I had delayed the round, I don't know what your point here is. The feedback I got from most people was that they either didn't care and just wanted to shoot xenos (which is cool) or they found participating in my little roleplay gimmicks as enjoyable and adding to their experience of CM, the only people that ever really had an issue with it were staff and the like same 2 hardcore milsim larpers still in CM. The CO job for me was always a role to direct enjoyable rounds for the marines, which is something I hope and think I achieved for the most part, looks like I got the best out of the job before they gutted it to make it an upgraded CL. Although i've also heard from some other higher ups that the no deployment rule was specifically made to stop me from playing CO, because staff look at one round out of a dozen where I get killed early and overblow it into "windhealer is a PFC+ captain!!!", disregarding that at my peak I probably rolled more CO rounds than anyone else, and would frequently win 3, 4, 5 rounds in a row all while just tryna the most fun I could with the role. You can say whatever you want about my characters gimmick etc, but you can't say I ever played to detract from the marines objectives. Even my worst shipside shenanigans as a thieving engineer never griefed the marines beyond a few MP's having an actual job to do, which is more than I say about the agents system they brought in where CIC now has deal with their overwatch consoles being blown up by some dude (ruining the gameplay of an entire role and actively hurting the marine sides chances).
    Last edited by Dreven; 09-15-2020 at 05:18 AM.
    Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •