0 Thread(s)

Cark - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Cark

Marine Name
    Atticus O'Connor, Isaac Kwan, Dorothy 'Grandma' Monroe

Other Whitelist Applications
    N/A. I plan to apply for predator sometime in the future when I think of an interesting quirk for one.

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Dorothy

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    A synth is attempting to pull a incapacitated marine up a ladder, but a runner is constantly pulling the marine from it's grasp and slashing the synth. You can perform combat in this situation.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I hope there's no grammar errors in the story, if so, oops.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Dorothy will act like a stereotypical grandma, referring to everyone as 'sweetie' or 'honey'. She will, should she have spare time, bake treats and pass them out to the crew. Likewise, she will treat all the crew equally unless ordered otherwise. Often caring, and worried about people's wellfare, post-surgery or after a marine is gravely injured and healed, she will make sure they feel safe and otherwise mentally-well.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I played MT a fair amount prior to it's removal, and can do everything this role entails. I haven't played OT yet, however, due to my nervousness that i'll blow up the workshop. While I can't do more rare duties in engineering, like making doors, off the top of my head, a quick glance at the wiki page for it, and a few more with later requests to make such things I should remember it off the top of my head just fine.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I have logged a few hours as both SO, and SL. I like to think i'm a competent leader when i'm not actively in combat which shouldn't be much of an issue if i'm a synth, as programming prevents me from unga'ing.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I can do surgeries off the top of my head, and chemistry with a few quick glances at the wiki. It's definitely my favorite support role. It does come to mind that some people have a specific cryo mix they want off the top of their head, I do not know this mix by heart. I think this will be easily remidied by simply asking, however, but I feel this is something of note so i'll write it here just in case.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I can vend your tachies, abbreviated or no, lickity-split. ASRS console you say? No problem! I'll move those crates from DS2 back here, sure RO! While I do find it quite boring to play constantly, as long as I'm not doing it literally every round, all round, there won't be any issue. I do tend to mix up which vendor has what piece of kit sometimes, but I always get what they want in the end should we have it.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I play Cm A LOT. I'm on almost every day, either observing, or playing xeno/human. As an effect of this, I'm familiar with nearly every role and can do them well. Unfortunately, also due to this, I've experienced most everything available to normal players so i'm looking to move on to more restricted roles. I don't plan as of right now to play shipside synthetic much, due to my unfamiliarity with OT specifically (although, i'm not entirely certain if I could do it anyway for the same reason as using mortars/ob's/turrets...)

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    I have not been banned from CM in the past month, I have a note in the past month for being near the front lines as PO (the other PO abandoned me and I got tired of waiting for his return, so I admittedly made a error in my judgement and went on a walk.) I do have one ban from a few months ago, I think October of 2019 for improper escalation. I've since remedied my issues escalating, worry not!

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    I am not currently, nor have I ever been banned from the discord.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    God, this was a pain. I had this application finished, and spelt something wrong at the end, I right-clicked to fix it and the entire app just vanished. Let's hope I didn't forgot to add something major I had the first time around, the second time around. I will also note I added to this application, but it was within an hour of posting. My reason for this was that, after the initial app I wrote being deleted, I didn't want to put a whole lot of effort into it only for the website to decide I didn't need that paragraph anymore. This way, it's all saved and I don't need to worry too much.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by Cark; 05-01-2020 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Didn't want to risk losing it all if the app refreshed, (again).

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have anyone of notable character who can vouch for your competency in these roles?
    Synthetic Senator

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Do you have anyone of notable character who can vouch for your competency in these roles?
    I've seen Cark in several rounds as Atticus and as Dorothy, and at least once or twice as Isaac. They're definitely a competent player and fun to roleplay with. I remember one of the things they did as Dorothy was hand out apple pies to people, which was pretty funny and befitting her name.

Being a whitelisted captain should give some weight to my support.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can vouch for competency in the medical field, I don't know much about other ones though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you actually played anything other than PFC on your character Shrimp?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    Have you actually played anything other than PFC on your character Shrimp?
    I primarily use Atticus for survivor/spec/pfc rolls, but I do play doctor/cl/so occasionally using him. I generally use Ashmita or Dorothy for other jobs.

EDIT: Which reminds me I didn't list Ashmita Jain as one of my characters, oopsie.
    Last edited by Cark; 05-02-2020 at 12:01 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest you to focus in a single character. You are Ashmita Jain and I don't see the way you talk/roleplay ingame. Btw are you trying to copy Wamakahana Windhealer?

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    I suggest you to focus in a single character. You are Ashmita Jain and I don't see the way you talk/roleplay ingame. Btw are you trying to copy Wamakahana Windhealer?
    I know, I just like playing a variety so that people generally recognize them as not bald. The reason for this is in the past on other servers I've had issues with metafriending, so I do what I do to prevent it, which is kind of bad for whitelists.

I made Ashmita after I read a book. I won't dive into details but I based some of the concepts of Ashmita off of a character from that book, it just so happened that said character was simalar to Windhealer, who while I had heard of at the time, I had never seen his character and the fact that I chose a look very close to his was literally just some higher force at work. We're on good terms and he doesn't seem to mind the simalarities, and he even used me as a body-double one tine when he deployed as CO. Xenos actually killed and gibbed me thinking I was him too! Anyway, that's off-topic.
    Last edited by Cark; 05-02-2020 at 08:54 AM. Reason: trimmed down some fluff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imo this is one of the most well executed stories we've had in a while. I found it genuinely interesting to read and it has a good chunk of dialogue with your synth. And I really, really dig the quirk. Its an idea that only a few previous synth players have explored in the past. And in those cases they've been based around the synth being a mother or father like figure, I don't think there's ever been a grandma like synth, or even a synth who appears to be around that age. And with the way you showcase it in the story its definitely something I'd like to see in-game!

Just L already vouched for you, so for me this is a safe 1+.
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The grand total amount of times I have seen you play anything other than PFC or survivor is zero. I have absolutely no idea how capable you are, or are you even capable, of playing ANY of the support roles. And you need to be very adept in all of them.