User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cark - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good story and Synth personality; I especially like the cool computer-style document with the green text and black background, very stylish and shows the effort.

Your Synth Combat answer has a few problems similar to Waltermeldron's.
    A. Not enough examples to be a robust answer.
    B. Your current example is good but it doesn't reflect an adequate and comprehensive understanding of the Synth Guidelines.

However, the BIGGEST issue of this application is that you haven't played enough support; I rarely see you play Medical, Cargo, nor Engineering specific roles and I have seen you primary on Survivor and PFC. Those departments are the most significant as a Synth and the fact that no other person on this thread can vouch for all three is a problem with your application.

Please review those departments and please practice them actively; you are applying for Synth and we need to confirm you are competent at all those support departments.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    The grand total amount of times I have seen you play anything other than PFC or survivor is zero. I have absolutely no idea how capable you are, or are you even capable, of playing ANY of the support roles. And you need to be very adept in all of them.

I'm going to support his comment and I also found out that you are mad at OOC last few days ago because you got killed by the FF really hard and your behaviour concerns me.

If you are going to be accepted by the council then I'll be happy. I go for -1.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post
    Good story and Synth personality; I especially like the cool computer-style document with the green text and black background, very stylish and shows the effort.

Your Synth Combat answer has a few problems similar to Waltermeldron's.
    A. Not enough examples to be a robust answer.
    B. Your current example is good but it doesn't reflect an adequate and comprehensive understanding of the Synth Guidelines.

However, the BIGGEST issue of this application is that you haven't played enough support; I rarely see you play Medical, Cargo, nor Engineering specific roles and I have seen you primary on Survivor and PFC. Those departments are the most significant as a Synth and the fact that no other person on this thread can vouch for all three is a problem with your application.

Please review those departments and please practice them actively; you are applying for Synth and we need to confirm you are competent at all those support departments.

Alright, well, let me explain myself here. It said give a BRIEF answer, which is what I did and I could've done more had the question not specified brief. As for you saying I don't play support roles, I do, I just often do it with characters that aren't listed and unless you wanted me to list them all, and that's a lot of names that won't be recognized. I think what I would do, provided it's allowed, I could easily turn on OBS and record myself playing a round each as these three departments, because I honestly am capable of playing them all. I'd really rather not rewrite the whole application at a later date simply because i'm in the habit of playing numerous characters. For the sake of it, I will also provide a full list of all my characters below;

Colin O'Malley - MP, CT, Doctor.

Xander Vanilla - SO, OT (played a few times since the posting of this application), Doctor.

Christopher 'Ancient' Nash - PO, SO

Aife MacDonagh - Doctor, SO

Ashton Williams - CT

Atticus O'Connor - Doctor, SO, PO, MT, IO, MP

Dorothy Monroe - Doctor, SO, PO, MT, IO, CT, Researcher

Those are just the ones I currently play, there's others which are no longer listed there. I would also like to make a point that survivor requires knowledge in every role to play effectively. For the sake of proof I WOULD have included my statistics for these roles but it seems statistics have stopped saving, *pain. As I said.

One final thing, since you are concerned with my answer for the combat synth guidelines I will provide some more examples here should it be worth anything: Synths, in most situations, should not be attacking xenos or otherwise unless it is in defense of themselves or marines and even then only if nearby help is not available and won't make it to assist in time. You may perform combat if the dropship crashes into the Almayer and you are actively being attacked, but should not go around killing xenos and forfeiting other work while doing so. Lawful orders from command in this situation take priority over your unga. Another example: A marine is getting pulled away by a runner into a crowd of xenomorphs, you attempt to pull them from the grasp of the runner, but numerous other xenos block you into a corner and begin to attack you. If you can't free yourself from this corner, you may attack them until the disengage or fall.

Generally, you should always be prioritizing healing marines, upkeeping cades, working on other things. If you are being attacked by a crowd of xenos, you should try to outrun them before using weapons on them. If a predator is fighting a marine, you should first call for backup or try to find some, you are NOT allowed to step in and fight the predator. You should be focused on saving the marine from the predator finishing them off after the fight by dragging them away or keeping track of where the predator takes them and reporting it to marines while asking for support. One final example is in the case a marine is attacking you or another defenseless human who isn't fighting back or isn't able to, you should not harm them at all. Subdue them non-lethally, e.g: disarm them and ziptie/cuff provided you have either on hand. Otherwise disarm spam and drag them away from the fight whilst informing them to cease, while keeping within the confines of marine law. Only do this, as with most things, if support is not available to assist. You may however, subdue or even harm and kill non-USCM affiliates provided they are actively hostile and are harming USCM affiliated personnel since marine law doesn't apply to them. e.g: A UPP fighter is firing into a group of doctors, you may act as you wish in your treatment of them, subduing or killing them.

I'd appreciate it if you'd ask me questions before throwing a -1, i'll answer them the moment I see them. As I said before, I'll film myself playing as all support roles to showcase my competence in them. I'll either edit this reply and add them or make a separate one if this one has been buried since then.
    Last edited by Cark; 05-06-2020 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Fluffed up my response with more examples.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    I'm going to support his comment and I also found out that you are mad at OOC last few days ago because you got killed by the FF really hard and your behaviour concerns me.

If you are going to be accepted by the council then I'll be happy. I go for -1.
    I believe the round you are referring to was LV when a PVT shot me up with ap rounds, that was a bad day in real life, and I decided to play to unwind. Unfortunately, that made it worse. I rarely have genuine outbursts like that. Not trying to give excuses, just giving context. Shouldn't happen again.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one could vouch for something besides medical.

Narrow down your characters for more ingame recognition when playing other roles. It's easy to get past this whitelist if we simply believe you're telling the truth, but we've gotten burned by that before so I'm not taking chances anymore.

Also you can't let your real life shit get in the way of the game, I get that it's hard but synths are stone cold.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post

No one could vouch for something besides medical.

Narrow down your characters for more ingame recognition when playing other roles. It's easy to get past this whitelist if we simply believe you're telling the truth, but we've gotten burned by that before so I'm not taking chances anymore.

Also you can't let your real life shit get in the way of the game, I get that it's hard but synths are stone cold.
    Application withdrawn.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn feel free to reapply with same story but once you're confident in your skills and people can vouch for it.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.