Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TyroneDadWhisperer - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    TyroneDadWhisperer

Player Name You Use Most?
    Wallace Harwood | Loomis Waters

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...a-Application| DENIED and Rightfully so.

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    I haven't been banned in the past month or so.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    A Battlefield Execution shouldn't be made on a whim, due to the fact it can end someone's round due to possibly either a misunderstanding, Improper Info or possibly BE baiting. I believe that the only time a BE should be used is if they’re an immediate threat to the crew and MP’s are not available or are unable to catch them.

The way a BE differs from a regular execution is that unlike a BE, the offender has a right to appeal/ remain in perma and or be Pardoned, also unlike a BE the CO is not the sole Judge Jury and Executioner and instead has a firing squad made up of MP’s with an announcement before said execution with a time, way of execution and the crimes committed as the reason and it has to occur inside the Execution room, whereas a BE can happen anywhere.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    The way my character would run their ship would be to make sure it's running as smoothly as possible such as making sure that heads of staff are keeping their subordinates in check and making sure the OB is loaded, Req is doing their job and MP's are properly following SOP/ML. as if Mats and Ammo isn't sent, OB isn't chambered, MP's failing expectations could have severe repercussions groundside possibly leading to a failed OP.

In all situations if someone sounds like they have no idea what they're supposed to be doing I would Inform the SEA if available or have the Head of that department show them the basics.

Req: In one situation being a CT and another being an RO, In the CT's case if they're outright refusing to do their Job at a time such as roundstart req rush I would tell them the next time they refuse is an NoD charge and if needed go down and man the line myself.

With an RO it would be a case of NoD and assigning a CT to perhaps take his place giving him a command headset for squad comms etc until he is out of the brig or to be promoted to RO and the Ex-RO demoted depending on the severity of the situation.

Engineering: Most of what engineering has to do can also be done by the XO/CO such as setting up the SMES, Loading and chambering the OB etc, however if they're refusing to do said jobs when asked then it would be a NoD charge and either have myself, XO or another MT pick up where they left off.

MP: OOC MP’s are not supposed to be insubordinate towards the command structure unless refusing an Unlawful order though I would take everything IC and alert them that being insubordinate without good reason will be taken to the Provost via fax.

Command: If an SO and or XO is being Insubordinate would give them a chance to explain why, as an example the SO believes that instead of going through X it would be better and Efficient to go through Y instead, and would take their criticism into consideration.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    In my eyes The job of a Commander is to make sure the OP is running perfectly and that shipside is performing their duties. I also see the captain as a mediator role for teaching new players about playing command.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Now this has probably been said a lot before, but a middle overwatch console in CIC would be great, as not only would you stop interrupting SO's while they're monitoring their own squads, but also gaining a general overview of all squads from a singular console would be a great addition.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I'm not gonna hype myself up and say that I'm the best retard to ever apply for CO, I just would like to be given the opportunity to be able to fully command an operation without a CO taking control midway through.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

(604 Words, im not a great writer so don't expect anything like the epic of Gilgamesh)

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story seems fine to me, there are some grammar errors in it but that shit doesn't matter much. When you're in-game you generally will not have the time to have perfect spelling, punctuation, and grammar, so I rarely consider that an important part of a story.
    I did like the detail of how you described the photo of the Almayer having a bunch of neon-haired marines next to it, it gave me a smile.

Your answers seem fine. The only thing I suggest is that you look at CO not as a role for making things run smoothly, but instead as a role that is supposed to make the round more enjoyable. You shouldn't always make the 'best' decisions as CO, you should make ones that will make the round more enjoyable. Nobody likes sitting behind cade lines for 2 hours on either side, for example, so even though you might lose if you push out of the FOB to fight the xenos, or if you order an evac, it will at least make the round more fun and not a stalemate.

I'll give you a +1 for this. I do wanna see you playing squad leader more, though.

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Story seems fine to me, there are some grammar errors in it but that shit doesn't matter much. When you're in-game you generally will not have the time to have perfect spelling, punctuation, and grammar, so I rarely consider that an important part of a story.
    I did like the detail of how you described the photo of the Almayer having a bunch of neon-haired marines next to it, it gave me a smile.

Your answers seem fine. The only thing I suggest is that you look at CO not as a role for making things run smoothly, but instead as a role that is supposed to make the round more enjoyable. You shouldn't always make the 'best' decisions as CO, you should make ones that will make the round more enjoyable. Nobody likes sitting behind cade lines for 2 hours on either side, for example, so even though you might lose if you push out of the FOB to fight the xenos, or if you order an evac, it will at least make the round more fun and not a stalemate.

I'll give you a +1 for this. I do wanna see you playing squad leader more, though.
    Thank you for the plus one, I'll attempt to get more SL rounds in when I'm able to get the role whenever possible.
    Synthetic Unit Adrian

Former CO Councillor 21/03/21 - 7/11/21

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is short but it is good and fun to read. Your answers are good too and I see no problem with them.
    I have seen you a fairly amount of times at Command roles. I even had you as my XO before.
    You can lead the marines effectively and take command of the operation when things go south.
    There are no reasons to not give a +1 so I will be leaving my POSITIVE vote.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi hi, App seems really nice but I got 2 questions for ya to make sure you have a good understanding of when you should BE and pardon:

1 - Your transport PO has spent all round in the pilot's bubble sending the alamo up and down. When you tell him to go to the actual cockpit and pilot the alamo, he claims he is doing his job and says: " Fuck off". The MP team finds him in the pilot's bubble and cuffs him. While this is happening, you go down to the pilot's bubble and you BE the Pilot in cuffs.

Is this a valid BE ?

2 - You are playing in lol pop. You have 1 spec arrested for DASO for insulting your SO, and one engie arrested for DtGV for breaking his squad prep's window. Marines are under siege in the FOB at the moment and defenses are falling. Would you pardon any of them ? Or both ? Please defend your answer.

Good luck
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tyrone's been around for a while, I've played alongside him quite a few times and seen him as SO and XO a fair bit. I've seen him tons as MP so I'm sure he knows his ML in and out. I can definitely vouch for his competency in command and ML matters, and what RP I've seen of him is of good quality. You can trust this guy with the whitelist for sure. My +1 for what it's worth.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smov View Post
    hi hi, App seems really nice but I got 2 questions for ya to make sure you have a good understanding of when you should BE and pardon:

1 - Your transport PO has spent all round in the pilot's bubble sending the alamo up and down. When you tell him to go to the actual cockpit and pilot the alamo, he claims he is doing his job and says: " Fuck off". The MP team finds him in the pilot's bubble and cuffs him. While this is happening, you go down to the pilot's bubble and you BE the Pilot in cuffs.

Is this a valid BE ?

2 - You are playing in lol pop. You have 1 spec arrested for DASO for insulting your SO, and one engie arrested for DtGV for breaking his squad prep's window. Marines are under siege in the FOB at the moment and defenses are falling. Would you pardon any of them ? Or both ? Please defend your answer.

Good luck
    Hi Smov

1) For question one It would NOT a valid BE because as soon as the cuffs are on the Suspect is under MP custody and the BE would be viewed as an Illegal action and is reportable for Misconduct

2) For question two I would first check the Manifest to check if theres any OT's as they are able to construct cades, if there is I would have them sent down in place of the engi, if there isn't any I would have the Engi pardoned depending on either it was major or minor DtgP if it was major I would have him serve his time however if it was a single window I would have them pardoned, the spec depending on if he's co-operative I would ask the MP's to NJP instead as it is now a Minor in place of a major crime.

I hope this answers your questions in a satisfactory manner
    Last edited by TyroneDadWhisperer; 05-03-2020 at 05:30 PM. Reason: repeated myself in the first answer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Kleiner View Post
    Story is short but it is good and fun to read. Your answers are good too and I see no problem with them.
    I have seen you a fairly amount of times at Command roles. I even had you as my XO before.
    You can lead the marines effectively and take command of the operation when things go south.
    There are no reasons to not give a +1 so I will be leaving my POSITIVE vote.
    Thanks Viktor, I always enjoy playing as a subordinate under you, either as a PFC or SO, Thank you for the plus 1
    Synthetic Unit Adrian

Former CO Councillor 21/03/21 - 7/11/21

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All said +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    beast. +1. simple as.