User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GhostGhost360 - Commander Application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great answers in detail i love how you did a alternative plan to the usual i know you have the ability to lead and yadda yadda from experience so Here is your +1
    Fyi
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostGhost360 View Post
    Having fun is the most important part of CM as this isn't a job or something we are forced to do. It's something made by passionate people to be enjoyed by all. But the important part about measuring fun is that not all players view things the same and I want to ensure I'm not placing my own fun above the enjoyment of others. People have been playing CM for years now with many rounds on the same map encountering similar challenges or outcomes. Part of their fun is variation and creativity imposed each round by different people in different roles doing different things. I think with experience as a Captain this becomes easier, but you need to pick and choose when to make decisions that could result in sub optimal play. CM isn't a competitive sport; the most important measurement is fun of the majority.

I really like baseball and I think I can make an analogy work here. Starting in the early 90’s Baseball started to collide with statics and mathematic equations were made to view performance. After reviewing the numbers, they found stealing bases and bunting wasn’t worth the risk. But still people bunt and steal bases because sometimes doing something that is more likely to fail is worth trying. I don’t think as Captain you should try to fail but you can try to be creative and try out things at worst you provided a unique challenge to the other players. Also failing can be exciting or enjoyable, when you're watching an at bat in the MLB and someone squares up to bunt you inch closer on your seat. Just like when the FOB is getting hit hard, it’s a hopeless fight against Xeno during hijack or anything else that allows for CM to show its different scenarios.
    dude got the right mindset +1 from me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    dude got the right mindset +1 from me
    Thanks Dreven, I think you set a great example of a CO with a quality thematic RP. You do a good job of keeping consistent with the character while maintaining strong round play.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app, and good support. I have no reason to not give this a +1

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app, good answers and can rp. +1

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High effort application, good and dedicated player. This is an easy +1 from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingIdiot View Post
    Good app, and good support. I have no reason to not give this a +1
    I have no reason not to thank you. Thanks buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    Good app, good answers and can rp. +1
    Thanks for the support, i've been really trying to up my RP to new heights.

Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    High effort application, good and dedicated player. This is an easy +1 from me.
    I really liked making the application it was a good challenge. After i made my new character Tyrus i've really tried to buckle down my game and keep high standards. So this was good to hear from both a moderator and respected member of the community.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1. He is a good roleplayer and good XO.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already had an idea on how you RPed as a Command character but I still hadn't thrown my vote in, because I wanted to see if your gameplay was consistent despite you being busy IRL. All I can say is that you even surpassed my expectations, by constantly keeping squads informed, announcing explicit orders,etc and that is why I asked forest to do the promotion RP thingy with you both.

You definately earned this WL, so I can confidently say:

+1
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    +1. He is a good roleplayer and good XO.
    Thanks buddy, it's good to hear approval from the heir to the SEA main throne.

Quote Originally Posted by smov View Post
    I already had an idea on how you RPed as a Command character but I still hadn't thrown my vote in, because I wanted to see if your gameplay was consistent despite you being busy IRL. All I can say is that you even surpassed my expectations, by constantly keeping squads informed, announcing explicit orders,etc and that is why I asked forest to do the promotion RP thingy with you both.

You definately earned this WL, so I can confidently say:

+1
    Thanks Smov, that round was one of those rounds that makes me want to put in the time. Felt fitting that two CO applications got to work together. Hopefully in the future I can generate unique rounds like that for others.