Mitzubishi
    Date of Incident
    May 3, 2020
    Your Character Name?
    Adam Berkshire/Xeno (JA-P6)
    Their BYOND Key
    Doctor Compy, and some others I think.
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Sunday, May 3, 2020, ~2:45 A.M Central US Time.
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power

Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Description of the incident
    So according to many of the Xenos playing this round and from information gathered from those directly affected, a number of non-involved T3s were de-evo'd because a special character in an admin spawned mini-event was put into the spawning pool against QM's orders. I'm not fully aware of the details of the event, but it seems unfair that a number of Xeno's, especially T3's that are a major balancing factor in a round were de evolved for doing basically nothing, and caused a major disruption for a number of players that either had no idea what was going on or didn't want any part of it. Supposedly it was just one XX runner that disobeyed the QM and a large portion of the Hive was punished for it, causing a large amount of salt from the Hive, and even stupider, a number of xenos pushing for suicide rushing into marines. I was only marginally affected but had to stop my combat for some time while watching Xenos proceed to freak out and salt at the QM for weakening us so harshly.

Custom Event info wasn't updated so I can't say to the details of everything else that happened. (Spec Ops troopers, quad rocket launchers, etc.)

We were later told in dchat by admins that if we felt so strongly about it, to make a report about the round, so here it is.
    Evidence
    I don't have chat logs, but I feel like if a staff member could pull them up, it would show some clarity and transparency on why they felt the need to punish xenos the way that the staff running the mini-event chose.
    How you would punish the accused
    None, just an explanation on the thought process of the event and transparency about the actions of staff involved in this specific event to provide constructive criticism so that the enjoyment of the server can improve overall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their only instruction was to capture someone in "turquoise armor" who was actually dressed in grey, and then got upset when the xenos captured them. Apparently their definition of "capture" means to not facehug them. As in, they asked xenomorphs not to facehug someone and was shocked and outraged when a human in a xenomorph nest ended up facehugged.

Anyway they started demoting T3's. None of them were even involved with the event, just whatever T3's were on the frontline got demoted I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll break it down. Everything in the OP is right, as admin fuckery caused confusion at best.

Queen Mother told us to capture a random armored host a few minutes into the round. We were to capture, not kill or infect this host. Only the roundstart xenos at the time were told this. Marines also landed early at 12:15 which was bullshit and maybe related because Queen Mother also said this random armored host would help the talls somehow. Nevertheless, a runner managed to capture the host. Everyone was basically saying don't infect; the host got infected, but it's not easy to control facehuggers so I don't know if I blame the runner for that one. Either way, it wasn't the hive or Queen's fault. The later punishment of the entire hive for this event makes little sense, but most of all the way xenos were punished makes no sense.

Tier 3s were devolved a good 30-40 minutes later after everyone had forgotten about the event and new players had no idea there was anything going on. This caused the confusion and protests in the form of suicides, and disrupted an otherwise normal flow of the game.

If punishment of the hive was necessary, make it fun and keep it in character. I mean even a meteor striking the planet and killing everyone giving the marines the victory would be funnier than devolving unrelated xenos. Or, give the xenos a challenge. There might be a (literal) giant enemy turtle coming for the hive because of this (for example). It's something people would talk about. There is no challenge to an admin clicking a button and a xeno being unavoidably and randomly devolved.

Whoever did this should be punished for trying to ruin the round.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was one of the xenos involved, OY. I spoke with the person who ran this event, I'll add some more onto the thread tomorrow once I get some sleep.

I will say that the event was not ill-intentioned, it was just poorly handled. I'll let those involved speak about it before I post some more. Don't be TOO hard on the guy though, a staff member running an event is kind of like a CO or Queen trying a new tactic. Sometimes it goes poorly, sometimes it's funny, sometimes it works really damn well—I did a hive on LZ2 Ice yesterday night at the reception desk area underground, and we won that round after breaking the stalemate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was Novalicit or something like that, that devolved the majority of the xenos that were fighting on the front line.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For reference. The Repoted Staff member is wrong as it should be Novacti. Novacti was the one running the event, other staff members such as Doctor Compy was just a player in the event.

I will post logs either on Monday or Tuesday.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allright. So I hosted the event. You shouldn't bring compy into this. They had barely anything to do with it.

I've had a chat with a few people that were affected and did not like it very much, and I can totally see how my actions and decisions have had a negative impact on the xenomorph side, resulting in dissatisfaction and discontent. I de-evod a boiler, 2 praes and a rav down as a punishment for killing an event character I specifically told not to kill or hug as QM. That announcement was at roundstart. There was another announcement re-stating what was in the first announcement and a de-evo for the xenomorph who hugged the survivor, at this point, the event item that the surv had was still salvageable and the event could still continue. However, after all that had happened, the xenoes dragged the survivors body into the xeno pool, effectively ending the event and disobeying QM's orders. Twice.

Xenomorphs were given 3 elite Defenders roundstart to help capture the survivor and the survivor was given very large, turquoise and distinct armour that slowed them down and told not to remove it to help the xenoes locate the surv easier. A special team consisting of 3 members was also dispatched from the marines side to help get the surv.

Xenomorphs were going to be rewarded T3's for holding onto the surv and not killing them until 1320, the Marines were going to be rewarded additional manpower and weapons if they captured the surv with their item.

I understand that the punishment was quite harsh and possibly quite unwarranted, instead I could've simply targeted the xeno who disobeyed QM's orders and respawned the surv so that the event could keep going. However, the main problem was that QM has already warned and punished once and the event took way too much effort to set up to have it be destroyed now. So the xenomorphs were punished in this manner.

I get that the queen was new, there were reports that the marines hit the ground at 1216. I could've changed the round that the event took place in accordingly and whatnot. I could've also been clearer with my instructions as well hand out a better punishment that did not involve possibly unrelated people.

In the end, I will take all responsibility and dissatisfaction experienced with the event. Don't pin anything on compy, pin it on me. I ran the event, and therefore I'm responsible.

For reference, the original QM announcement was this:
    Sisters… I detect a special host near your hive. It seems to be carrying something I desire very much and will benefit our enemy that is approaching if they get their hands on it. Capture this special host and we will stand much more of a chance at surviving the onslaught of tallhosts. If you kill this special tallhost, you will not only die, but be punished by me. The special tallhost is wearing a set of weird, dark turquoise armour that slows them down greatly. Capture them. Also, DO NOT IMPREGNATE THEM. IMPREGNATING THEM IS KILLING THEM.

I am giving you 3 elite defenders to help capture and secure this tallhost. Do not let me down.
    Last edited by Novacti; 05-03-2020 at 08:27 AM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was late joining runner. First thing first there was no hive note saying anything about a special character or what So us later joiners had no idea there was an event intill QM yelled at us for hugging some character. Now I got into talks with Novacti After they de-evo the xenos which I will be posting now

When I asked why the xenos were de-evo. "SeniorModerator PM from Novacti: Initial orders were given. You have failed to follow them"
    When I asked Novacti About what special orders and when. "SeniorModerator PM from Novacti: Roundstart, as QM. the queen should've kept a note of it nevertheless"
    When I Asked what the were the orders since you know no hive note. "SeniorModerator PM from Novacti: The queen should've given them to you. There's a special tallhost that you MUST NOT KILL"
    When I asked what special tallhost and what did they look like. "SeniorModerator PM from Novacti: yeah, they're dead now. They are always meant to wear the compressiomn sit armour."
    When I asked What the fuck was compressiomn sit armour. "SeniorModerator PM from Novacti: The ONLY Survivor wearing armour, I said it was torquise and bulky in the QM announcement. Your failure to obey the orders of the QM will ersult in swift punishment."
    When I asked why couldn't the queen been de-aged since it seems to be a fuck up on their part. "SeniorModerator PM from Novacti: A chain's only as strong as it's weakest link"
    In my opinion it was a badly run event since they didn't keep up on late joining or new xenos to the round or tell the queen to make a note so the new xenos wouldn't fuck over the event. De-evoing the main tier 3s was an over the top punishiment when it was only two xenos who fucked up. Also if I remember right later in the round one admin or Mod did come clean that they de-evo the tier 3s not only cause of the event fuck up but because they insulted QM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure who said that they de-evo'd the T3's for insulting the QM, but The reason I de-evo'd was for failing to obey the QM's orders. Which I felt was a fairly just punishment considering I gave the xenos 3 elite defenders at roundstart ~1205. They have had planty of time to be able to evolve into whatever tier and experience level when I de'evo'd the T3's, meaning they could've just evolved into T3's immediately if they didn't already after I de-evolved the T3's. But I do understand that it will be unfair on the T3 players who were already T3 and got de-evolved for something they didn't do. So it's not really impacting the xenomorph side as much, but rather impacting individual players.

Like I said in my previous statement, "I can totally see how my actions and decisions have had a negative impact on the xenomorph side, resulting in dissatisfaction and discontent".
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting as a witness.

It was Compy that said the T3s were devolved for 'insulting the QM', which I'm pretty sure was a joke.

Several Elder T3s were devolved back into T2, and this was while fighting was still high and both xenos and marines were contesting each other at T-Fort. This prolonged the round even farther as xenos lost a bulk of their T3s and had to camp west caves, coupled with the fact that several xenos decided to suicide after being devolved.

Three Elder T1s is no where near the time commitment nor power as Elder T3s. When you're devolved, you have to spend time re-evolving back into a YOUNG T3, and let me remind you that Youngs are even WEAKER than they are Pre-MOBA.

It also takes literal minutes to become an Elder T1. The fact that you thought that was a fair trade is a very big stretch. T1s quite literally become Elder before all the survivors are even captured. Giving them Elder T1s round start is the same as giving them three extra larva, that would later evolve into T1s. They will both be Ancient at 12:10. It impacted the xeno side a lot. That would be similar to all the marines SPEC and SGs losing their equipment because they were given three PFCs with incendiary slugs at the beginning. That's just ridiculous.

There was no need to punish players who had absolutely nothing to do with the event. Devolving Elder T3s in itself is very round impacting, especially when it's still mid-round and fighting is still going back and forth. That action had a very big impact on the round flow, the time commitment taken to hit Elder T3 is huge. You practically only become an Elder T3 if you're a roundstart xeno bro. That was just a blatant overstep of power, nobody would be happy if they're suddenly stripped of power randomly due to a minor side event they had no part in.
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty