User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which marine defense structure do you prefer/take as squad engi?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Normal Sentry

10 37.04%
  • Flamer Sentry

2 7.41%
  • Tesla

10 37.04%
  • Flag

2 7.41%
  • Bell Tower

3 11.11%

Thread: Marine Defence Structure Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marine Defence Structure Discussion

I would like your thoughts on which defences are good and which are useless and which needs to be used where among Sentry, Flamer Sentry, Tesla, Flag, Bell Tower.

For each turret, in which situation would you prefer this turret or would you never take it?

Which is your preferred turret?

Anything you want to add related to it.
    Few Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bell tower is the best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flamer deletes everything other than rav it queen so it’s good for fob defense and leaving it on that one flank no one wants to watch

Sentry is sentry not much to say

Tesla I hear is OP by xeno players but I never see it get much done other than telling the big rav to go away

Bell tower i rarely see

Jima seems good on paper but the area where it procs is questionable

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not going to lie, the final implementation of the new structures had left me pretty dissapointed. I have literally zero incentive to waste metal on metal cade upgrades and heavily restricting structure numbers like that feels eh, despite it being very much a necessity because sentry spam literally ddoses the server.

I settle with the normal sentry as squad engi now, though flamer and tesla seem pretty good as well. Bell and flag are trash/trap options, avoid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few days ago I saw a queen get fried by a tesla after getting stuck behind plasteel cades. Gave us an easy win
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking the flamer sentry is a big gamble. Yeah, you can drive off just about anything, but if you get one Rav or the Queen, it’s completely useless. Regular Sentry and Tesla are the only two that you can count on to do what you deploy them for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diedsniper View Post
    Tesla I hear is OP by xeno players but I never see it get much done other than telling the big rav to go away
    FWIW from someone who mostly plays xeno now, tesla is very situational. If xenos are braindead and just keep trying to batter down a cade line, it's great, total OP bullshit. If you haven't been hit by it, it's a combo stun+vision impair+total ability shutdown for a fairly substantial length of time. If you're a xeno running in to use a ranged attack or melt cades, not gonna happen, you just eat damage instead. If you're a xeno that relies on an ability to get out of bad situations, you're probably dead unless the tesla was somewhere visible and you didn't go in to begin with.

If xenos aren't braindead, they won't attack near the tesla at all, they'll just flank somewhere and avoid it. But that's not really any different from any other turret.

The takeaway is that it's better than sentry/flame sentry for shutting down an attack on a cade line, but you can't really leave it to cover a flank or rely on it to deal a lot of attrition damage/kill dumb young T1s the way a sentry/flame sentry can. At least from a xeno perspective. When I see one, I avoid going near it where I might bait a sentry to waste ammo or cover-peek acid spit where it can't hit me, but I don't really worry about it as long as I know where it is the way I have to always remember that going anywhere in LOS of a sentry could waste my time and armor.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tesla used to have 200 health. Now only 150. F
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: