Date of Incident
    May 4, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Casey Keys

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown

Accused Character Name
    Unknown

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    11:20 pm EST / 10:20 pm CST?

What rule(s) were broken:
    I'm not entirely sure

Description of the incident:
    I was just a few tiles away of the FOB position I was stationed at when the Bravo SL told all of Bravo to go to the front to fight the aliens. While walking down I came across a Bravo Medic who was currently in a group of people talking to the Predator pair. That's when PVT Don ran down and shot one of the Preds. The preds shot back with ranged weapons. I tried to RP my character of a new Private, and tried to descalate the situation. That's when I was attacked without provocation by one of the Predators with a Chain Whip of some sort. I did NOT fight back until I was in Crit, I shot my flamethrower a single time then died. My body was dragged into space, i think, i can't be sure as I was not Ghosting. When the pred eventually took my body back to where he had attacked me I believe I was unable to be defibbed. My complaint to the staff member who told me to file a report, was that I was attempting to deescalate a situation via RP but instead of receiving RP I was punished instantly and then permanently removed from the remainder of the round for provocations that my squad did not participate in let alone myself. I don't understand how I can RP with the only sentient characters outside of xenomorphs if they kill on sight for simply existing within eyesight of someone who wronged them.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I don't have any other than the report I sent to the staff member using ahelp, who is also the staff member who directed me to report the player.

Any log discussion between a PVT Don (I don't remember his last name) and PVT Casey Keys is during the incident. Round time was around 13:30 though I can't be certain. It happened so quickly there wasn't much I could do in the game let alone figure out what I was supposed to do as a player.

How you would punish the accused:
    I don't know if I would. I don't want to see less Predators, and the whitelist seems pretty strict already.

Some of the best RP I have had on the server has been with Predator players. This on the other hand was really jarring, did not feel like there was any attempt to RP aside from murdering my character and acting as if I was some sort of "Worthy Prey". I don't know how much things have changed in regards to Preds attempting to RP with Marines but back when I was more active it was RP first murder 2nd. I posed no threat, none at all, to this player endowed with high stats and gear with my flamethrower and knife belt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to note that the Marine who had actually provoked the Predators was not the target of further attacks except the 2 or 3 times they were shot with the Plasma Caster. For some reason I was singled out while the provactuer was allowed to simply walk away. I did not try to prevent the Predators from chasing the Marine. I and another Marine were verbally scolding the other Private who I believe was part of Alpha Squad at the time.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs of the encounter:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Admins PMs:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Reported ckey is JaioAcex
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, I was the second pred here in this incident, and I can assure that I didn't actually attack any marines here. Jaio (the other pred) called me over comms to meet up with him, so I just came over to see him talking with a couple squad medics (as Jackameow describes), and only really sat there for a moment. Before even interacting with marines (I was asking Jaio why he called me over, and he responded along the lines of they'd be worthy prey), a PFC started shooting at me with a shotgun, in which I responded by just roaring. This is clearly visible in the logs seen above, and after this I left the confrontation, saying this "wasn't my business" (after which I didn't interact with these marines again). To reinstate, I didn't cause harm to the marines in any way (including shooting them with a PC). As for everything else, I wasn't there to witness it, so I don't have much to contribute there. Anyway, Jaio literally just got the WL pretty much, and I while it does suck to be taken out of the round like that, it clearly wasn't the intention of Jaio to do that. I too have been in a situation similar to this when I first got the WL, and I've still retained my WL, so please take this into consideration.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, hi, Hello. Yes, It's me. Now, I was initially confused why this came, but I stated multiple times in LOOC this round alone, EVEN present in logs. To stop saying 'PRED' and you said it, two times afterwards. Thats when I attacked and killed you. And when I returned your body, you were still in green, very liable for resuscitation.
    [21:52:00]SAY: Casey Keys: Pred (CKEY: Athriel) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [21:52:03]SAY: Casey Keys: Pred wait up (CKEY: Athriel) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [21:52:08]SAY: Casey Keys: Damn hes hiding (CKEY: Athriel) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [21:52:10]OOC: (LOCAL) Unknown/JaioAcex : Dude
    [21:52:11]SAY: Casey Keys: Hes right here (CKEY: Athriel) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [21:52:14]OOC: (LOCAL) Unknown/JaioAcex : Im gonna tell you right now
    [21:52:18]OOC: (LOCAL) Unknown/JaioAcex : Last chance, stop
    [21:52:21]SAY: Casey Keys: Pred (CKEY: Athriel) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [21:52:23]SAY: Casey Keys: Wait (CKEY: Athriel) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    I returned you, after I finished. A bravo was the one who grabbed and returned you, in which case you were still green for resuscitation.
    Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio, Marine who enjoy's Spec, SG and SO. Hmmph. The true JTAC God.
    Athein Bo'ytill Based Unrobust Pred

Mentor: 4-28-2020 - 9-9-2020
    TMOD: 9-9-2020 - 10-3-2020
    Retired: 10-3-2020 - Present

Shout out to Manezhinho, mans a chad.
    Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio
    [

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You never said to "stop staying PRED", as far as I knew you were talking about the player who actually shot you. Meanwhile you engaged me with no provocation prior. Which is why I attempted to - as the logs show - deescalate. If I was interested in fighting you I would have, but as the logs also show I did not until I was almost dead. When I was retrieved I was taken to the morgue.

If the one-liner sentences make you think I was trying to point you out, its because I was attempting to stop an IC escalation which would have made the Marine situation worse. We were already having some skirmishing issues. The last thing we needed was a Pred chain whipping random people because someone spoke to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the spelling error. I'm unfamiliar with this forum's layout and I would have guessed there would be an edit option.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackameow View Post
    You never said to "stop staying PRED", as far as I knew you were talking about the player who actually shot you. Meanwhile you engaged me with no provocation prior. Which is why I attempted to - as the logs show - deescalate. If I was interested in fighting you I would have, but as the logs also show I did not until I was almost dead. When I was retrieved I was taken to the morgue.

If the one-liner sentences make you think I was trying to point you out, its because I was attempting to stop an IC escalation which would have made the Marine situation worse. We were already having some skirmishing issues. The last thing we needed was a Pred chain whipping random people because someone spoke to them.
    As I never said pred, I was pretty sure you would've caught on when I uncloaked right afront you, that was when I mentioned to stop saying it. And at that time, the guy shooting at me was gone, he was in the room to our right. Way outside of my Line of sight and yours, so it was nowhere near directed to him. I am sorry your died, but you were returned with a time of resuscitation.
    Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio, Marine who enjoy's Spec, SG and SO. Hmmph. The true JTAC God.

Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio
    [

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, yet another late response. You were full health, armed, and had the ability to fight.

Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio
    [

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right.

I'm breaking this up into two parts

First off

As is logged, Casey can be seen calling out to Jaio "Pred" several times, including asking that the "Pred" to wait twice, seemingly while chasing them or being around them. It is clear by the logs that Jaio and Casey were both in close quarters with each other at the time. As per Mafio's statement, he left the situation shortly after he was PB'ed, which leads me to believe that Jaio was the only Yautja nearby at the time. Thus, I am going to run with the belief that Casey and Jaio were, at the very least, on screen together at the time.

Now that we've established that Casey and Jaio were both close to one another, let's see what the rules and HC say about the known relationships between Humans the Yautja:

Predators are honorable hunters. They must follow the Code of Honor and act like a serious predator, not a prankster. The USCM does not hold any information about these beings, meaning each contact is unknown regarding them.
    As per the roleplay standards in the OOC ruleset, the USCM knows nothing about the Yautja. Casey knew that Don, a fellow Marine, was just recently engaged in a combat situation with another one of the members of the species to which he was running after and calling out by name. Casey also mentions that he and his fellow Marines had been involved in a number of skirmishes. To me, it makes no sense that a member of a combat team would be running after an armed hostile (Mafio had shown he had weapons and was actively using them) to negotiate any type of ceasefire with an unknown, 7ft+ tall, 500lb+, alien armed with advanced weaponry after your observations of Mafio and Don, after they (Casey) have already stated they have been, or still are, involved in combat situations.

Up next is the instance of you being attacked

As per the Honor code, it has the following to say in-regards to who can be attacked and when.

Worthy - Yautjas specifically hunting prey must ensure that their target meets the following requirements:

Is able to actively fight back against the Yautja. E.g. Marine has ranged weapons (Holstered or wielded) to fight back with/For Xenos, not injured and able to fight in the moment. (This includes any melee weapons longer than a knife)

An armed marine/xeno wandering the map not currently engaged in combat
    As you do not dispute that you were armed and not currently in combat, and seemingly it seems that you were indeed worthy prey and could be attacked by Jaio.

While I understand what you were trying to do, I think you went about it in such a way that drew the ire of Jaio, that is, calling him "pred" numerous times. While I don't exactly have a problem with players calling Yautja "Preds", Jaio seemingly saw it as a form of meta/lrp and LOOC asked you to stop, to which you didn't, as seen here:

[21:52:14]OOC: (LOCAL) Unknown/JaioAcex : Im gonna tell you right now
    [21:52:18]OOC: (LOCAL) Unknown/JaioAcex : Last chance, stop
    [21:52:21]SAY: Casey Keys: Pred (CKEY: Athriel) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [21:52:23]SAY: Casey Keys: Wait (CKEY: Athriel) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [21:52:24]EMOTE: Unknown/JaioAcex : Unknown roars!
    You likely wouldn't have been attacked at all had you not ran after the 7+ tall, 500+lb aliens wielding highly advanced technology calling it "Pred" and asking it to "wait up"

With all this being said, Jaio is a relatively new Yautja and I am encouraging higher RP from the WL these days. While Jaio didn't break any rules, I will encourage him to RP more.

Report closed

Result: Denied, though Jaio will be encouraged to work on his RP.