User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 2020 CM just a TDM with RP elements shipside?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is 2020 CM just a TDM with RP elements shipside?

What exactly is CM to you in 2020?

Do you think we are MRP or something else? Or a full blown TDM? Or a mix?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TDM but with BYOND and occasional RP
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The title pretty much says it for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TDM LARPing as roleplay
    Jonathan Hogg/SHP

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TDM with RP elements, basically Arma's retarded brother.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RP is there you just have to view it from the perspective that its a caste of crazy opioid addict 80's action movie protagonists living only to kill giant space bugs and get that next oxy hit to numb the PTSD

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RP doesn't exist thanks to the staff team.

It's either TDM or get banned for attempting roleplay.

it has always been like that, examples being Gerdy, Hawke, Bill Carson, Dinkle and many others.
    These people were actually trying to roleplay and many players tagged along and had fun until they got noted/warned/banned for ''low roleplay''

also, can we take a moment and press F for pre-brief brawls that were ruled ''low roleplay'' because staff members can't be bothered to ban the one dude that pulled out a shotgun and aheal everyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a TDM where you have to go out of your way to roleplay but if you do so in a way the staffers don't want you get put to sleep, or at least that's what I've seen with all the reports and appeals in the time I've been here. There's really no reason to roleplay, the game keeps getting moved towards a TDM by the devs, shipside features and subsystems like engineering, medical etc are not really looked after and I really don't blame the devs for it, but then the staff still want us to RP, so...

Just a big mess. RP is neat and all when it happens but if I have to go offroad for it and deal with a bunch of shitty ass subsystems like engineering, our cooking without an actual page, our medical that is dull and plentiful with organ damage, our req with 3 guys too many in the department and that, for some reason, uses money to buy things already in the cargo hold...etc, etc. Yeah I'd rather just go shoot bugs, which is RP in of itself in a way, but doesn't really offer proper character development and interaction.

tl;dr Yeah it's a TDM :smile:
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    RP doesn't exist thanks to the staff team.

It's either TDM or get banned for attempting roleplay.

it has always been like that, examples being Gerdy, Hawke, Bill Carson, Dinkle and many others.
    These people were actually trying to roleplay and many players tagged along and had fun until they got noted/warned/banned for ''low roleplay''

also, can we take a moment and press F for pre-brief brawls that were ruled ''low roleplay'' because staff members can't be bothered to ban the one dude that pulled out a shotgun and aheal everyone?

pre brief brawls were legit so fun, me and broden had a war going on at eachover. It was always some alpha who rocked up uninvited and started shooting, when it was just us fighting the most damage that would happen would be a few marines missing first drop to go medbay but usually not even that.

Speaking of the legend I saw hotwheels in the field the other day, he was running around prison as a naked delta with boxing gloves on so I gave him my mateba and he shot himself after the round ended.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just a tdm these days.

Devs and admins don’t care about RP and more focused on ensuring the tdm part doesn’t go to hell for various reasons. Part of it is RPing takes time away from the tdm and part of it is thier is literally no defined RP.

The rp should be something simple like aliens are cold blooded creatures that exist to kill and capture while marines are basically a 80s caricature that plays around, fights with command, and filled with cheesy one liners. We don’t even have a baseline so how do you expect mods and devs to work towards rp that can’t agree on?