User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is 2020 CM just a TDM with RP elements shipside?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, you went out of your boring standard way to get cyborgisation surgery roundstart? Council of Beetroot decides its LRP.
    Predator CO? Council of Beetroot decides its very fun MRP ebent.

I'm seriously just waiting to get noted for roleplaying Nod militiant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TDM, with occasional RP elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    The rp should be something simple like aliens are cold blooded creatures that exist to kill and capture while marines are basically a 80s caricature that plays around, fights with command, and filled with cheesy one liners. We don’t even have a baseline so how do you expect mods and devs to work towards rp that can’t agree on?
    This.

I play my marine as an 80s caricature. He makes fire puns, recommends courses of action that will result in everyone being gibbed, makes jokes about limbs lying about, and generally laughs as he incinerates things. He’s larger than life, and usually dies explosively.

For the xenos, I play them as murderous children who are constantly looking for mommy’s approval. There’s lots of “mamma, just killed a man” kind of comments flying around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, one more attempt to bring the server back to the imaginary MRP standards even though it hasn't been MRP since late 2018 and it will never be again. Gotta love them for trying their hearts out
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 05-05-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warned for coercing the CMP into deserting the corps and becoming his own personal PMC, player has been explained to that such things cannot be done without explicit staff permission as it puts the CMP/MPs into a rulebreaking situation. | Thu, February 6th of 2020

This tells you about what happens when you RP
    I am genuinely scared to RP anymore due to the possibility of receiving notes as I do want to get pred WL at some point.
    Last edited by Critilius; 05-05-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the philosophy of TDM on the colony and RP on the ship. There's just not really room for cohesive character development on the colony beyond sort of cardboard cutout personalities, but from what I understand Action Jackson with a bag full of one-liners and the type is how people like to play those characters and that's totally cool. Shipside RP has a different flavor to it and the nature of it is a little slower and more in-depth and that's fine too, but I feel the problem arises when people sort of use roleplay as an excuse to grief people (see: excessively cruel MPs, liasons who try and get a WY to send them a PMC squad to overthrow command because...?, ROs denying people at req for little to no reason, etc.) and that's what staff really needs to crack down on. Less so people who make the game less serious and more so on people who make the game less fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Critilius View Post
    Warned for coercing the CMP into deserting the corps and becoming his own personal PMC, player has been explained to that such things cannot be done without explicit staff permission as it puts the CMP/MPs into a rulebreaking situation. | Thu, February 6th of 2020

This tells you about what happens when you RP
    I am genuinely scared to RP anymore due to the possibility of receiving notes as I do want to get pred WL at some point.

yeah i would like if marines and some lower roles had more freedom in situations like that.

Tho for the CMP, a USCM officer with a career and that probably worked and studied for years to get where he is to just abandon his post would need some serious validation and motives. in this case i agree with staff interfering in roles with high ranks such as cmp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TDM, if you do RP, you get bwoinked
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like people have such big ideas when it comes to what mrp really means and what it should be. Sometimes being mrp means that there is more to you and the game than playing to win, playing to do the best you possibly can, so it can manifest itself in many ways. When I think of people that rp you can have something as basic as me adding some extra sss's to words at times, as Ula loving her monkies and frens, as Gwen writing you a massive story about how she knows her job far better than you ever will so don't you dare run up to her screaming 'KELOTANE'. It can even be something as Abigail who just complains about virtualy everybody: they are characters. They have an identity, something they are beyond their role as a mere pawn in some team deathmatch game. It's these little quirks, this way of interacting with the world in a way that isnt purely functional that makes cm interesting for me. And it´s something that isn´t limited to being on the ship, Gwen will be Gwen regardless of where she is or what she´s doing because she plays a consistent character whose feelings and emotions are influenced by what happens during a round.

So no, I don´t think that CM is just a TDM with rp elements shipside. I fear that it may become that though. A lot of the ´characters´ are taken for granted and more and more peeps play cm purely for the sake of winning. I don´t expect anybody to walk up to a medic and have this story about how their vision is blurry, theyre free to just ask for imialky. But when I am doctor and I have medics ask me for Unga juice or have marines coming in, standing next to the autodoc and then just tell me what buttons to press something goes wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly a server where all the marines in briefing spam *warcry, spout memes everytime they kill a xeno, or have ERTs like pizza dude or HEFA knights can't say it's MRP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see a lot of missed potential when it comes to RP induced by admins a.k.a events, staff team could gang up together and make a fun Military event that advances the timeline, remember dinkle dozen event? Everyone enjoyed it, instead of telling a story of brotherhood and the flaws of war, we're stuck in a circus where players get to interact with le wacky event #200 of the month.

Admins dont tell tales, they tell jokes, and when you hear the same joke a thousand times, you get tired of it.
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart