User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is 2020 CM just a TDM with RP elements shipside?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly, most admins aren't interested in trying to run events that actually have some effort put into them, they just want to do "Haha wouldn't it be funny if we spawned 3 abominations and called it an event"

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Complicated events are just begging for them to be destroyed in a thousand ways. Marines are only there to kill anything they can, if you told a marine it was okay to kill their comrades they would do it in a heartbeat. Aliens on the other hand live to capture or to kill, which makes RP sense tbh and good enough without making weird can they capture this or that. Mostly it marines are really dam kill hungry, sometimes worse then aliens on it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Events dont have to be complicated, just have a narrative.
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    Admins dont tell tales, they tell jokes, and when you hear the same joke a thousand times, you get tired of it.
    Oh my god that's such a succinct way of putting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    Events dont have to be complicated, just have a narrative.
    I remember a event i really liked, it was ship vs ship were the upp boarded the almayer, it was great event because it combined RP and action for the marines.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point I woulden't be surprised if staff make marine law OOC

Events these days from the ones i've seen tend to be either spawn some extra powerful xenos that only a few players get to enjoy, or its LE WACKY HEFA KNIGHT SPAM XdDDDDD or some other similar meme round that loses its charm in about 4 minutes.

The best event we ever had imo was the one were marines all got m16's and flak jackets on LV and we all RP'd as space nam era marines before they had pulse rifles. Or the tribe events which facilitated player driven gameplay and emergent RP, and then they'd get ruined by admins spawning in a horde of ravagers like 40 minutes into the round

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    At this point I woulden't be surprised if staff make marine law OOC

Events these days from the ones i've seen tend to be either spawn some extra powerful xenos that only a few players get to enjoy, or its LE WACKY HEFA KNIGHT SPAM XdDDDDD or some other similar meme round that loses its charm in about 4 minutes.

The best event we ever had imo was the one were marines all got m16's and flak jackets on LV and we all RP'd as space nam era marines before they had pulse rifles. Or the tribe events which facilitated player driven gameplay and emergent RP, and then they'd get ruined by admins spawning in a horde of ravagers like 40 minutes into the round
    The last tribes event I played in, I grouped up with most of Delta into the COPENHAGEN STRAIGHTS tribe, and we actually killed every xeno that came for us. It took the admins spawning like 8 ravagers and a bunch of other shit in the dropship to stop us. I even took out a ravager with a switchblade, back when it had no click delay between attacks.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I found the perfect copypasta that sums this all up

MasterShakeEZ Pasta
    Hate people who play the game just to rp and have fun. They don't care about unga or killing the shit out of other players.

Look, if you guys just play the game to emote things, play D&D or something. Actually building FOB, listening to orders, writing flowery emotes, and sitting in the back for 50 minutes isn't fun for anyone. Except for shipside roles, of course, because they are bored as fuck.

Edit: Didnt fix words.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Planetside is mainly action based

Shipside is mainly RP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another very shitty meme video from yours truly.